This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well XLV: Live At Budokan

Everybody else has an album title like that, so why can't I, right?

Thanks, Jeff, for passing torch on to me. Now that I'm in the job hunt, I'll have some more free time (at least for a while but hopefully not too long) to reply.

Bring it on, folks.

Re: The Well XLV: Live At Budokan

How big is it? Really, be honest.

Comment

I don't really have a question, but I did want to say I love the pedal mod pages you have on your site. I have learned a lot from them. Thanks.

Actually, I do have a real question: is it at all possible to mod a block logo Phase 90 to script logo specs, or is the circuit too different?
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

standard stuff from me

career / job
        marital / relationship status
        offspring status

personal accomplishment that is your greatest source of self pride
        personal objective not yet accomplished

biggest musical performance (when, where, how many, description, fav memory of it)
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          How big is it? Really, be honest.
          Is Barbie not happy or something?

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
          I don't really have a question, but I did want to say I love the pedal mod pages you have on your site. I have learned a lot from them. Thanks.

Actually, I do have a real question: is it at all possible to mod a block logo Phase 90 to script logo specs, or is the circuit too different?
          Thanks. It's been a while since I've done any mods. I'm just now getting back to building a couple things.

As for the newer Phase 90's, they can be converted to script logo specs but it is pretty drawn out. There's a diagram on diystompboxes.com somewhere, and I may have saved it too, can't remember. In all honesty, since the MXR Custom Shop released the 1974 Script Logo RI, it's better just to buy that, or the EVH model.

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
          standard stuff from me

highest level of formal education
          Associates Degree

career / job
          Business Analyst, Technical Support. Being layed off, looking to get in to web development.

marital / relationship status
          married for 8 1/2 years.

offspring status
          1 daughter who is 5 and just started kindergarden.

personal accomplishment that is your greatest source of self pride
          My daughter. She does so many things that make me proud.

personal objective not yet accomplished
          Getting out of debt. Boy, that will be a great day when that happens. Working on it.

biggest musical performance (when, where, how many, description, fav memory of it)
          After this past summer, there's been several but the biggest one was in September at Grapefest in Grapevine, TX. Big stage, sound system and lights provided. It was outdoors and the weather couldn't have been any better. We had one hour to go out there and kick ass. I thought I would be nervous but with the madness of getting set up, mic level check, monitor mix check and all that, I had no time.

That was probably our best show to date. It was such a blast being on a stage that big rocking out with probably the best musicians I've ever played with. That show right there took us up to another level. My favorite memory of that show was seeing the crowd get bigger and bigger as we played. Sure, being near the beer tents was a benefit but nobody left. We were getting chants for one more at the end but couldn't do another one due to sound ordinances. What a blast. Mission accomplished.

Comment

Tell us all about KISS - First time hearing, seeing, fave album, least, what's inspirational, what is stupid, fave player, fave solo, everything.
            Last edited by Aceman; 10-22-2008, 07:29 PM.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
              Is Barbie not happy or something?

That skank was the one with everything: the house, the RV, the Mustang, Ferrari, motorcycle, all those well-paying jobs. She was an astronaut for christsake! And not only does she leave me, she has the audacity to file for ALIMONY. ALIMONY?! That WITCH! I had nothing to begin with! I'm a painter, Jesus Christ...and she wants alimony?! She wants half? Half of what?! Half of nothing is still nothing!!!

Judge didn't agree though. I never even signed the adoption papers and I still have to pay child support on that town bicycle's kids. I swear, they're practically orphans. She sends them all to private schools year round, has her secretary send them a box of crap on birthdays and Christmas. They're really great kids, really. She doesn't even know all their names. And yet somehow I'm on the hook for $10k a month in child support. Ten thousand dollars!!! Are you KIDDING me? They're KIDS with a BILLIONAIRE SUPERMODEL MOTHER!!! And they need $10k a month of my money? What, are they trying to start their OWN space program?

You think I couldn't satisfy her? Well I couldn't, that hag. But she doesn't want a man. No, not a serious one at least. I never got near that body in the bedroom, and it wasn't for want of me trying. Her friends? All over me. I couldn't fend them off with a stick. But not Barbara. Noooooo, not her. I was supposed to be happy to come home and find her in bed with the pool boy. WHICH, by the way, was a position that had more turnovers than a Dutch bakery.

You want her? TAKE her. Good riddance.

Comment

Erik, how about the DMZ Super Distortion S, have you had a chance to compare that to a full size SD?

Comment

Cheap Trick At Budokan or Judas Priest Unleashed In The East?
                  Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                  Guitar to sound output:
                  Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    Tell us all about KISS - First time hearing, seeing, fave album, least, what's inspirational, what is stupid, fave player, fave solo, everything.
                    The first time I heard KISS, I was but a wee lad of 4 or 5 years old. The youngest of my 4 sisters had gotten the "Detroit Rock City" single with "Beth" as the B side. Her name is Beth and that is why she got it. Well, I had heard her listening to "Beth" and when finished, she let me play the other side. I was instantly hooked. The sound of the rumbling guitars, the drums, the build-up of the intro and then WHAM, in to the first verse. That was like nothing I ever heard before. At this point, I had never seen what they looked like so I had no idea about the makeup or anything. I knew the logo from seeing it on the record and what they sounded like on those two songs, but that was it.

The first time I saw them was on a TV show in the 70's but I cannot remember which one. I want to say it was Phil Donahue and that very well be it. I also so them on 3-2-1 Contact for the science of light and sound episode.

Favorite album? Gosh, that's a tough one. There's so many that I could put there. For the pure enjoyment and energy, I have to say Alive!.

Least favorite album, Unmasked or The Elder. I actually like The Elder for some easier listening...LOL. Yeah, I'm definitely in the minority there.

What's inspirational to me is their attitude towards accomplishing your goals no matter what it is. Paul Stanley has said for the longest time, you can do anything you want as long as you put your mind to it. There's a lot of truth in that. Ace is obviously inspirational to me as well. He is the one who got me interested in the guitar.

The only stuff I can see that's stupid is how they let the 80's corporate suits get to them when it came to the image. They looked pretty ridiculous there for a while. I enjoy the albums they released then, heck, my first KISS concert was on the Crazy Nights tour, but they could've done better when it came to the stage appearance.

Ace is my favorite out of the original lineup, and probably my favorite overall. I had the pleasure of meeting Bruce Kulick a couple years back at the Arlington Guitar Show. Really nice guy. Had the reunion never happened, I believe he'd still be in the band.

There really isn't a favorite solo but the one that stands out to me is Ace's solo on Alive! in 100,000 Years. He just plays the crap out of that one. It's a song within the song.

Since my first show seeing them, I've seen them 3 more times, twice with the make-up back on. The Revenge tour was the second time, then in 2000 on the Farewell Tour (round 1....lol), then again in 2003 when they toured with Aerosmith. That last one was with Tommy Thayer playing in place of Ace but Peter was still there at that point.

As a teenager, I had a wall in my room that was nothing but KISS posters, both with and without makeup. Once I started learning how to play guitar, Deuce was one of the first songs I ever learned the chords for. Ace was a huge influence then, and still is.

To this day, I love watching those old live films and am thankful that they released the Kissology DVD's. Those bring back a lot of memories as a kid, sneaking the walkman in bed only to fall asleep listening to them. For me at that age, it didn't get any better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      That skank was the one with everything: the house, the RV, the Mustang, Ferrari, motorcycle, all those well-paying jobs. She was an astronaut for christsake! And not only does she leave me, she has the audacity to file for ALIMONY. ALIMONY?! That WITCH! I had nothing to begin with! I'm a painter, Jesus Christ...and she wants alimony?! She wants half? Half of what?! Half of nothing is still nothing!!!

Judge didn't agree though. I never even signed the adoption papers and I still have to pay child support on that town bicycle's kids. I swear, they're practically orphans. She sends them all to private schools year round, has her secretary send them a box of crap on birthdays and Christmas. They're really great kids, really. She doesn't even know all their names. And yet somehow I'm on the hook for $10k a month in child support. Ten thousand dollars!!! Are you KIDDING me? They're KIDS with a BILLIONAIRE SUPERMODEL MOTHER!!! And they need $10k a month of my money? What, are they trying to start their OWN space program?

You think I couldn't satisfy her? Well I couldn't, that hag. But she doesn't want a man. No, not a serious one at least. I never got near that body in the bedroom, and it wasn't for want of me trying. Her friends? All over me. I couldn't fend them off with a stick. But not Barbara. Noooooo, not her. I was supposed to be happy to come home and find her in bed with the pool boy. WHICH, by the way, was a position that had more turnovers than a Dutch bakery.

You want her? TAKE her. Good riddance.
                      Dude, that's pure brilliance right there. I was ROFL reading that.

Do I want her? Only if she'll leave when I'm done with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
                        Erik, how about the DMZ Super Distortion S, have you had a chance to compare that to a full size SD?
                        Nope, I haven't tried the Super Distortion S. From what I have read about it, it sounds amazingly close to the full size SD. I'm not surprised really considering the Air Norton S (which I have) sounds just like the full size AN. They do a really good job with their single-coil size variants.

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                          Cheap Trick At Budokan or Judas Priest Unleashed In The East?
                          Well, considering that I haven't heard Priest's Unleashed In The East in almost 2 decades and I own a copy of Live At Budakon, I have to go with Cheap Trick on this one.

Comment

What's the best thing about living in Ft Worth?

What's the worst thing about living in Ft Worth?
                            Originally posted by jeremy
                            God hates bad guitar tone
                            GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                            AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                            EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                            Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

If you could erase one band from the annals of music history, who would it be?

Would you rather have a head the size of a fist or a watermelon?
                              - Jackson USA Soloist SL1
                              - Taylor Solidbody Standard
                              - 1968 Gibson B25 Natural
                              - Ampeg VH140C
                              - Epiphone Valve Junior head w/custom cab in the works
                              - 1978 Univox solid state combo w/nasty spring reverb

Interstate X - my recorded stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X