X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well XLVI: Return of the Chrome Dome

Originally posted by chopstherocker View Post
    Situation question:

You're the last man on earth. And the winner of the Pink/Courney Love fight is the last female on earth. You have one bottle of beer, six candles, no matches, one 'Shrek: Original Soundtrack' and some dirty magazines of Paris Hilton.

Is the earth worth repopulating? And if not, describe the situation using all of the obove mentions items.
    I think in that situation, the earth would NOT be worth repopulating. I wouldn't F Courtney Love with Bea Arthur's dong, plus even if I did there'd have to be some heavy duty incest going on, probably resulting in offspring that look somewhat like a cross between danglybanger and Gary Coleman.

I'd have no idea what to do with said items, so I'd burn them in a ritual sacrifice and then go commit suicide by jumping into an active volcano.

Comment

Originally posted by J Moose View Post
      Seems like a perfect time to tell my Courtney Love joke... as told by a drummer who toured through Europe, opening for Hole in '95...

Whuz the difference between Wayne Gretzky & Courtney Love?

Gretzky takes a shower after three periods.

ba-boom!
      Chops told me this joke last night. I LOL'd.

What age did you pick up a guitar & start playing?

How about the first gig? Where, when & did you get paid?
      I picked up the guitar in April 1998 and I was pretty serious about it right away. I was 14 then and from then until age 17 or so I practiced for 4-5 hours a day on average, just trying to get good.

My first gig came about a year or so later. My church advertised that they needed a guitarist for their Youth Group band, and after some thought I decided to try out. I brought my gear and showed up to the audition and the youth minister ran me through 5-6 songs (all of them pretty easy) and after the last song, he told me to set up on the stage in the auditorium because we'd be playing for that night's YG meeting in about 20 minutes. I was like, "You mean, like, we're actually PLAYING tonight? Like in front of people?" I had no advance warning of this. Then to make matters even more fun I was handed the sheets of the music we were playing that night and it turned out to be 10-12 more new songs that I'd never played in my life. Basic sight reading skills saved my ass that night. So my first gig was totally unexpected but I made it through just fine!

I didn't get paid that night but I remember the first time I did get paid. I was 17 and I had been hired at the last minute by my high school to play guitar for a production of GREASE that the drama dept. was putting on, and they'd fired the guy playing guitar because he told them he could sight-read and he couldn't and that screwed everything up in the music dept. Luckily the music director knew me and knew I could play well and sight-read, so he gave me a call and I had one night of rehearsal and 5 consecutive nights of performance. After intermission on the 5th night I came back to my spot in the band pit to find a $300 check sitting on my music stand. That felt gooooood.

Comment

If you could have one super power what would it be?

What is it like being the host of futureweapons? That show is awesome.

Who is your favorite character you read about or saw? (does not have to be superhero/comic book related)

Who is your favorite character you know?

What was it you did to earn this?

What would you say your greatest musical discovery has been that is directly related to this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by JustWendell View Post
          If you could have one super power what would it be?
          I'd love to be able to fly, like Superman. I love it when I have to take a business trip for work that requires plane travel because I love looking out the window and seeing the world from above. Plus I'd save a ton of cash on transportation costs. No car, no gas, etc.

What is it like being the host of futureweapons? That show is awesome.
          LAWL. I've only watched that show once. It seemed like a good show but that dude hosting seems a little too enthusiastic sometimes.

Who is your favorite character you read about or saw? (does not have to be superhero/comic book related) Who is your favorite character you know?
          I'll lump these two questions together since they kind of appear t be the same thing, the way I'm reading them. I have different favorites in different categories, but one of my favorite characters in print is Ian Malcolm from Chricton's (R.I.P.) Jurassic Park. He's straightforward, analytical, honest, blunt, dry, and has a wry sense of humor. He's unconventional in his thinking, and very likable but he drives people who disagree with him absolutely crazy because he is always right from the get go. As a plot device he's very effective as well, because he forces you to focus on the bigger picture.

What was it you did to earn this?
          They started it, that's all I'll say. I never did get that pair of pants back...

What would you say your greatest musical discovery has been that is directly related to this forum?
          Among the material things, Bogner amps and boutique overdrive pedals.

Among immaterial things, I developed a very discriminating ear while simultaneously expanding my tastes and broadening my horizons concernin gear, tone and musical styles/genres. Being on here has been very enlightening and very enriching to my musical development.

Comment

Today's the last day before I close this out and pick a new Well'er!

Comment

OK, it's turnover day! I'll consider my pick and notify him later today.

Comment

From my point of view, you have a lot of talent and could really make a go of a professional musical career with the right band. Do you see that for yourself?
                -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                  From my point of view, you have a lot of talent and could really make a go of a professional musical career with the right band. Do you see that for yourself?
                  With the right band and the right set of circumstances, yes I can see myself having a successful career as a musician. I've had too many people tellme otherwise to NOT make an honest go of it. I may fail,but I'm not going tolive my life telling myself I didn't try.

My life's work will involve working in the music field in some form. Maybe not being a pro musician, but I really can't see myself being happy with myself if that wasn't the case.

That wraps it up... Butch, take it away for the next Well!

Comment

Working...
                  X