banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well Part LXII: Wait, who is Lpmarshall?????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well Part LXII: Wait, who is Lpmarshall?????

Originally posted by BigJoe77 View Post
    Absolutely...
    McCluer North HS, here. North County's Finest.

Favorite thing about STL?

Least favorite?
    I've played soccer at McCluer North quite a few times. Was that the one with the blue track? I can't remember if that was McCluer or McCluer North.

Favorite thing? I like being centrally located, and I'm about 10-15 minutes from almost everything (except St. Charles). Housing prices aren't bad around here either.

Least favorite? Drivers around here suck pretty bad.

Comment

Alright ladies, here is the deal.

I'm going to be slacking off at work all week, so you better start asking me some questions. I need to kill the time somehow.

Comment

What do you do for a living?

What is your dream job?

Did you go to college?

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
          What do you do for a living?
          I'm a Linux SME (Subject Matter Expert). I'm a government contractor in charge of hundreds of systems all over the country. Basically I'm the end of the line for any Linux related issues and projects. On top of that I'm a jack of all trades, so I get my hands in Windows/HPUX/Slowaris as well.

What is your dream job?
          To sit on my ass and do nothing :-)

My dream job would really be something that involved my current skillset and guitars. I'm not quite sure how that would work out, but it would be pretty **** cool.

Did you go to college?
          For two years, I never graduated.

I started working for an IT company back in 1999. Back then all these companies were going public. I was their first real employee, and dropped out of school about a year later to work full time when they started offering stock options. Well we all know what happened then, the bubble burst. I don't regret my decision, I'm still gainfully employed and I've worked my ass off to get where I am.

Comment

Best album you've ever listened too?

Worst?

Comment

Best album you've ever listened too?
              Probably a tie between Animals and Dark Side of the Moon

Worst?
              Man, I've heard a lot of horrible albums. I can't even pick one off the top of my head.

Comment

Given the chance (with no negative consequences for your) who would you punch in the throat (alive or dead)?

Would you rather live somewhere other than STL?
                Last edited by ericmeyer4; 03-25-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Given the chance (with no negative consequences for your) who would you punch in the throat (alive or dead)?
                  That would be a long list. I'll go with Billy Mays since he I saw his annoying infomercial on TV last night.

Would you rather live somewhere other than STL?
                  Chicago is probably my second favorite city. I've been there a dozen times and I always have a blast.

Comment

What guitars and amps do you own? I'm sure you've listed them somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look. I'm betting by your username you are into the same things I am...........

Comment

Are you reading a book right now? If so, what is it? Do you ever go to the symphony?

Comment

What would it take to turn you into a Cubs fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
                          What guitars and amps do you own? I'm sure you've listed them somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look. I'm betting by your username you are into the same things I am...........
                          Guitars:

EBMM Axis
                          Peavey Wolfgang Special
                          Agile LP2000
                          Les Paul Studio
                          Charvel USA Production So Cal
                          Clone #009

Amps:

Splawn Quickrod
                          '88 Marshall JCM 800 2210
                          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
                            Are you reading a book right now? If so, what is it? Do you ever go to the symphony?
                            I'm not reading any books at the moment since I've been so busy.

And I've never been to the symphony actually. I really need to make a trip one of these days.

What would it take to turn you into a Cubs fan?
                            Hell freezing over.

Comment

what one thing did your parents do that you thought was bad/ridiculous/infuriating/etc that you now understand as having been reasonable on their part?

what one thing did your parents do that you thought was bad/ridiculous/infuriating/etc that you still regard as having been unreasonable on their part?

what one thing did they teach you that you value?

what one thing did they teach you that you are happy to have unlearned?

what one thing did they teach you that you are still struggling to unlearn?
                              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                                what one thing did your parents do that you thought was bad/ridiculous/infuriating/etc that you now understand as having been reasonable on their part?
                                Back in high school my buddy got busted with a trunk full of liquor and beer we bought through an older friend for a camping trip. My friend's dad told him about it, and my dad was pretty pissed about it.

At the time he did tell me he knew I was going to drink. He did ask that I never drive drunk, and he would pick me up at any time no questions asked if I was drunk. Whenever I think back on that it was one of the coolest things my dad ever did.

what one thing did your parents do that you thought was bad/ridiculous/infuriating/etc that you still regard as having been unreasonable on their part?
                                Most definitely my decision to leave college early and enter the work force. At the time I was working for an internet startup during the dotcom boom, and I wasn't exactly enjoying college. They gave me a ton of crap about it. I understood why, but I thought they were being unreasonable.

Ten years later they have definitely accepted it since I've worked my but off all these years and I'm doing pretty well.

what one thing did they teach you that you value?
                                Hard work. I get most of that from my dad, who is one of the hardest workers I know.

what one thing did they teach you that you are happy to have unlearned?
                                That's a tough one. I'm positive I would not be where I am today without all my parents life lessons. They have been tough when they needed to be, and always set me on the right path. They have never been overbearing in any facet of my life, and always been there when I need help. When I have kids someday I hope to raise them the same way.

what one thing did they teach you that you are still struggling to unlearn?
                                My dad takes care of a lot of stuff for me which I need to get away from. Stuff like insurance, taxes, and a lot of stuff around the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X