X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Well 69: ImmortalSix

Anyway, I do have an actual question.

What is your theory as to why this has been one of the most popular wells in recent memory?
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

The heaviest band you like?

Favorite unhealthy food?

Favorite quote/saying?

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? How about in the U.S (if not the same as the previous question)?

Favorite sausage?

And I'm still waiting on my worst car/truck question... and as punishment, I also expect your choices for best car and truck currently being sold (regardless of cost and based on what criteria is up to you).
      Last edited by 3'scompany; 05-14-2009, 12:44 PM.
      DayGlo

Comment

If you had to spend the rest of your life doing one extremely dangerous thing what would it be?

Originally posted by wilas101 on homemade talk boxes
        If I put a hose in an 18" sub cabinet will it sound like I have James Earl Jones in my guitar?
        Beet sugar tastes like ass coated ass dipped in ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post

Oh ... never mind ...
          I always leave a few out, so here's a few that I forgot: ratherdashing, FretFire, B2D, chopstherocker, t4d, jeremy, et al.

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
          Anyway, I do have an actual question.

What is your theory as to why this has been one of the most popular wells in recent memory?
          Well, first, I'm glad that we could all come together and revive the well as a team --- good work everyone!

I guess we have a lot of traffic in here because I am really sharing what I think and feel. We're all fascinating people, each and every one. How we convey ourselves is always different --- different in front of your wife than out with guys, different in the bar than in grandma's dining room, different at work than we put ourselves across the forum.

I always strive to give an honest representation of myself here --- I don't want you to think I'm cooler than I actually am or older or more experienced, I just share my experiences as honestly as I can.

Cheers to you all!
          my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 3'scompany View Post
            The heaviest band you like?

Favorite unhealthy food?

Favorite quote/saying?

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? How about in the U.S (if not the same as the previous question)?

Favorite sausage?

And I'm still waiting on my worst car/truck question... and as punishment, I also expect your choices for best car and truck currently being sold (regardless of cost and based on what criteria is up to you).
            Heaviest band: realistically, UNDEROATH and UNEARTH. Listen to that UNDEROATH video all the way through, very smooth track with lots of great drumming and bass playing.

Listen to the UNEARTH track all the way through, too, what a great groove on the breakdown --- their half-time stuff always makes me bob my head.

Fave unhealthy food: Are ribs unhealthy? Because they're my favorite food. I love to eat ice cream, all different types, I am an equal opportunity ice-cream eater.

Favorite quotes: lifted directly from my facebook profile:

"Scientists have yet to discover the physical make-up of my blood, but their best guesses put it somewhere between jet fuel and unicorn semen." - Garret Hols
            "Oh Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thy enemies to tiny bits, (in thy mercy)"
            Anywhere in the world? Mediterranean coast.
            Anywhere in my beloved USA? Pacific Northwest.

I hate population density because it causes us to compete, inadvertently. Compete for parking spaces, position in traffic, housing, groceries, it's just so stressful. Living in D.C. is definitely temporary for me, as a population density hater.
            Favorite sausage: Johnsonville brats with hot spicy mustard!

Worst car: Kia Rondo --- those things are FUGLY!
            Worst truck: Anything with independent rear suspension, independent front suspension, a unibody, or all of the above. Trucks have solid axles, frames, and are RWD based, not this pansy car-ified AWD unibody girlie gear we have driving around!
            Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-14-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
              I always leave a few out, so here's a few that I forgot: ratherdashing, FretFire, B2D, chopstherocker, t4d, jeremy, et al.
              I'm getting together with et al. this weekend. I'll text you when we figure out where we're headed—maybe you can meet up with us.
              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
              I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by Curt View Post
                If you had to spend the rest of your life doing one extremely dangerous thing what would it be?
                Smoking. It doesn't get much more dangerous than that (certain death) and plus it makes you look cool and tough.

Is he kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                  I'm getting together with et al. this weekend. I'll text you when we figure out where we're headed—maybe you can meet up with us.
                  great - thanks!

Comment

I love to eat ice cream, all different types, I am an equal opportunity ice-cream eater.

Comment

Also, do you listen to the radio? What radio station do you listen to?

Comment

Originally posted by grumpy
                        Ugg man. I'd rather you listen to John Mayer and Unearth. Christian or not... Zelda hair is for zelda.

I liked thinking about you being the Preppie yuppie guy... Not the "lifes a drag" or "if I was a pinata... I would bust myself" guy.
                        I don't really know what you mean, but those two bands I listed both rock, and I care a lot more about their drummers and their guitar players' right hand technique than their hair!

Also, I don't really listen to lyrics on metal music, so I couldn't tell you if either, neither, or both of those bands are singing about "life's a drag," "girls just wanna have fun," or my home address --- I just enjoy the groove!

-Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
                          Also, do you listen to the radio? What radio station do you listen to?
                          I do --- I listen to the local adult contemporary station, 94.7 Fresh FM --- it plays songs like Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours", Colbie Caillat's "Realize," stuff like that.

Their commercials are hilarious, because they do these spots:

(Lame song playing)
                          THAT's not fresh, now THIS is Fresh!!!
                          (less lame, but still kind of lame song playing, like Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours")

Half the time the "now THIS is fresh!" is just as lame as the song they were comparing it to, haha!

I really like to relax when I'm in the car because I live in selfish driver capital of the U.S.A., the D.C. suburbs, and everyone really lets the worst in themselves come out. It's just appalling how selfish and unconcerned with the greater good some people are. So I listen to Colbie when I am rollin' in Lafawnduh the Hawnduh so I can keep it cool.

-Hunter

Comment

Heaviest band: realistically, UNDEROATH and UNEARTH. Listen to that UNDEROATH video all the way through, very smooth track with lots of great drumming and bass playing.

Listen to the UNEARTH track all the way through, too, what a great groove on the breakdown --- their half-time stuff always makes me bob my head.
                            Yeah, buddy! Black Hearts Now Reign is a great track!

Have you heard of A Day to Remember? Their rendition of Since You've Been Gone is especially epic in a heavy way. Figured that your admitted love of poppy punk (a la that NFG cover) and heavy stuff mean that you might like these guys, as they are essentially New Found Glory meets metal... which equals awesome in my book.
                            DayGlo

Comment

Originally posted by 3'scompany View Post
                              Yeah, buddy! Black Hearts Now Reign is a great track!

Have you heard of A Day to Remember? Their rendition of Since You've Been Gone is especially epic in a heavy way. Figured that your admitted love of poppy punk (a la that NFG cover) and heavy stuff mean that you might like these guys, as they are essentially New Found Glory meets metal... which equals awesome in my book.
                              Never heard of them until today --- thanks for the recommendation.

I don't really like that style so much, though --- let me try to explain.

I am less of fusion-of-two-things person, and more of an extremes person --- all metal, or all girly pop for example. I listen to Adele in the car, but I also listen to aforementioned Underoath.

I like bands that come from Metal and are going in a pop direction more than bands that are pop and are going in a metal direction. Know what I mean?

I feel like when bands try to do "a metal touch to a pop-ish song" it sounds like they are using the metal elements (triplet drums, cookie monster screams, etc.) in such a contrived and fake way, it's very unappealing to me.

I do, however like when bands are accidentally heavy, like they are a alt band who has a metalhead guitarist a la Funeral For a Friend --- they wrote some badass music that was very poppy with the vocals and progression, but the drums and the guitarist's right hand was definitely metal. Example: Streetcar (just listen to the drummer killin' that ride bell, and the not-rushed-at-all tapping on the chorus, not to mention superb chugging on the verse!)

You can tell it's metal artists who wrote a pop song, not pop writers who added metal "touches" to it. Ya know?

I also like bands like Atreyu and Bullet for My Valentine --- both metal bands with more melodic vocals and a poppier songwriting style. Links of both represent the poppy-ness of their writing.

All that said, I bought a Relient K CD this week, with stuff like this on it.

There's value in all music!
                              Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-14-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Can't say I can make any sense of your logic here, but I'll let it slide as you like some bands I dig.

P.S. Streetcar is an awesome song.
                                DayGlo

Comment

Working...
                                X