X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well 69: ImmortalSix

The time has come.

If it gets stale in here, I will inject a fun fact
    Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-11-2009, 08:34 AM.
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Re: The Well 69: Immortal Six

What did you eat for breakfast this morning, and when will you stop stalking me?
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

If you could assemble a band to play with you, with living our dead members, who would be there? You have to pick :

- A vocalist (he can be the co-guitarist, if possible)
      - A co-guitarist (you can take lead of be rhythm)
      - A bass player
      - A drummer
      - A keyboard player
      - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
        What did you eat for breakfast this morning, and when will you stop stalking me?
        2 mini bagels with cream cheese, lovingly prepared by my wife, and about a 1/4 lb. of green grapes.

And I always figured you just happened to be in front of me all the time

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
          2 mini bagels with cream cheese, lovingly prepared by my wife, and about a 1/4 lb. of green grapes.
          Is this a typical breakfast for you? Is it sufficient to keep you going till lunchtime? Is the cream cheese plain or flavored?
          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
            If you could assemble a band to play with you, with living our dead members, who would be there? You have to pick :

- A vocalist (he can be the co-guitarist, if possible)
            - A co-guitarist (you can take lead of be rhythm)
            - A bass player
            - A drummer
            - A keyboard player
            Vocalist: Gavin DeGraw
            Guitar (and backup vocal): John Mayer, duh
            Bass Player: Pino Palladino
            Drummer (and backup vocal): Aaron Gillespie
            Keys: John Medeski

We would be more fun to watch than a flying circus --- each and every one of these guys has more stage presence and energy than I could ever manage.

We'd also sound great too --- If you look at those wikipedia links and hear Gillespie play the drums or hear Gavin really dig in and sing, you'll see what I mean.

I extract great satisfaction from identifying and following the real talents of musicians that are classified as "pop musicians," like Gavin DeGraw and John Mayer. A lot of folks skip over the deep cuts from these artists because they are "pop" artists, when the deep cuts are (coincidentally) the artist's best songwriting.

You would flip your wig if you saw my all-star band.

We could rock so hard we'd turn goat piss into gasoline, or we could dial it back and bring you that easy beach music, or we could funkafize as bad as Tower of Power. With Aaron in the band, we could even rock metal harder and more rhythmically rewarding than you're used to hearing. That guy has a knack for making you say "gawd-damm!!!" when he pulls out the stops.

-Hunter
            Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-11-2009, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Is this a typical breakfast for you? Is it sufficient to keep you going till lunchtime? Is the cream cheese plain or flavored?
              Yes, very typical. My wife makes all my food for the day and sends it to work with me. If I had known it would be this way, I would have gotten married sooner

I eat the same foods every day, bagels, grapes, potato chips, turkey on wheat with provolone and brown mustard, granola bar, etc.

I eat all day long --- I don't really eat big meals, I just keep a slow and steady stream of food coming all day.

Plain cream cheese; cinnamon and raisin bagel --- OH YEAH!

Comment

Yes, very typical. My wife makes all my food for the day and sends it to work with me. If I had known it would be this way, I would have gotten married sooner

I eat the same foods every day, bagels, grapes, potato chips, turkey on wheat with provolone and brown mustard, granola bar, etc.

I eat all day long --- I don't really eat big meals, I just keep a slow and steady stream of food coming all day.

Plain cream cheese; cinnamon and raisin bagel --- OH YEAH!
                If your wife secretly replaced your plain cream cheese and cinnamon-raisin bagel with honey walnut cream cheese and a poppyseed bagel, how do you think it would affect the rest of your day?

What one instrument would you like to be proficient with, other than a typical rock-band instrument?

- Keith
                I am just jug the merlot

Comment

If your wife secretly replaced your plain cream cheese and cinnamon-raisin bagel with honey walnut cream cheese and a poppyseed bagel, how do you think it would affect the rest of your day?
                  I don't know, is it hard to get a divorce?

What one instrument would you like to be proficient with, other than a typical rock-band instrument?

- Keith
                  Pianoforte, most definitely.

I have dabbled with drums a lot, and even played drums in a band once ("Unicycle Pilot," the accordion-fronted Weezer cover band ) and I have been playing bass in a bluegrass musical these past few months, and I sang in an a cappella group all through college, so the "rock band" instruments are fairly familiar to me, but I could never play piano or keys, and I think it's such a cool instrument, with a sound that I really want to add to my songwriting.

-Hunter

Comment

Re: The Well 69: ImmortalSix

What would you do if your man crush John Mayer showed up at your door and wanted to jam with you? ;-)

Comment

I don't know, is it hard to get a divorce?
                      I don't recommend it, especially if you already love your wife. The cream cheese ain't worth the trouble.

Pianoforte, most definitely.

I have dabbled with drums a lot, and even played drums in a band once ("Unicycle Pilot," the accordion-fronted Weezer cover band ) and I have been playing bass in a bluegrass musical these past few months, and I sang in an a cappella group all through college, so the "rock band" instruments are fairly familiar to me, but I could never play piano or keys, and I think it's such a cool instrument, with a sound that I really want to add to my songwriting.

-Hunter
                      I didn't realize you had such varied musical experience, man. That's impressive.

Do you have any favorite classical composers or periods?
                      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by lpmarshall View Post
                        What would you do if your man crush John Mayer showed up at your door and wanted to jam with you? ;-)
                        I think we would have a great jam --- I've learned a lot from recordings and videos of his playing, and I've learned a lot about songwriting from it as well, so I feel like a lot of the concepts he uses in music and progressions are things I have absorbed in my own "education" musically ---

All that aside, we would probably have more fun drinking beers and talking non-guitar stuff than jamming --- he's very interested in MPC's and the science of songwriting, and those are two things that are awfully interesting to me coincidentally. I could probably teach him a thing or two about cars too

I don't really ever understand the desire to jam with Hendrix or Page or fill in the blank, Mayer --- those guys are just awesome players and performers and I think playing with them would be like pedaling a big wheel on a NASCAR track.

Comment

I don't recommend it, especially if you already love your wife. The cream cheese ain't worth the trouble.

I didn't realize you had such varied musical experience, man. That's impressive.

Do you have any favorite classical composers or periods?
                          Thanks, Keith. I feel like "cross-training," if you will, is important. Now I can play guitar like a drummer, play bass like a backup singer, and play guitar like a singer. I like pulling different modes of thought over to an instrument, as I mentioned above --- that's how you get those sounds that leave a smile on your face.

Yeah man --- Vivaldi --- to me his music is, for lack of a better word, "poppy," or "catchy."

What really got me turned on to Vivaldi, oddly enough was the Jacques Loussier Trio's take on "The Four Seasons." in a music appreciation course at Virginia Tech. (you can preview every track on the album at that link, and I recommend that you do).

So, the Baroque period, I suppose. I like the idea of music that's the first of it's kind. That's the same reason I like so much mix / mashup music, it's the first of it's kind, and while the inexperienced may say it just sounds like hip hop to them, I am a songwriter and I can hear all the building blocks, and why it's fresh.
                          Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-11-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpy
                            Why wont you accept my FB friendship request?

Favorite strat?

Favorite Humbucker?

Favorite Video Game?

Favorite Comic hero?
                            Protecting my PII. Keith is a special exception, as he is my brother from another mother. Plus, unicorns can't steal your identity because everyone knows unicorns can't open bank accounts. But seriously, gang --- no offense to Grumpy or any of you who may have requested "friendship" and heard nothing back, I just want to keep a part of my life to myself and my friends I've grown up with and lived with and worked with. I trust you guys, and every SDUGF bro I've ever met has been cool as a cucumber --- I just don't want all you geeks gawkin' at pictures of my wife on the internet! Clear?

Favorite Strat is one I'm going to build or buy someday --- Arctic white, mint green guard, rosewood board, no skunk stripe, 60's headstock, just a good solid 60's style Strat. Something like this but with a more "mint green" guard:

Favorite humbucker...I don't have one yet. I've never had a humbucker that made me rant and rave so far. I like the Jackson JE10 humbucker in my Jackson the best of any so far though.

Favorite video game: haha, I don't play video games. I have a slim PS2 that I bought because it was not much more expensive than a DVD player and we needed a DVD player, but I have played it maybe 3 hours in the 2 years we've had it. I LOVED Super Monkey Ball for GameCube when I was in college. Talk about melting your brain!

Favorite comic hero: The Plaid Avenger. It's the altar ego of a university professor of mine, John Boyer, who is funnier than any stand up comic you'll ever see and smarter than the rest of the professors at 'Tech. His class was like stand up, and he has all sorts of acts come in to class --- ninjas that act out fight scenes to illustrate a point, things like that. What a guy!

Comment

What is the single biggest disappointment you have ever had to deal with?
                              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Working...
                              X