X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well Infinitium: Frito's Better Half

Ask whatever, I don't care.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: The Well Infinitium: Frito's Better Half

what was the deal with sordid tales?
    Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
    ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

Originally posted by super rad stuff View Post
      what was the deal with sordid tales?
      I'd left the forum for about a year and a half or so. When I wanted to "rejoin" I figured it was time for a change. I made a new account, posted for a little while, but returned as Beandip. Just didn't make sense to have two unless I was wreaking some sort of havoc, and I'm not much of an online havoc dude.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

where did you get the user name, Beandip?
        1989 Greco Les Paul EG59-60
        1992 Fernandes Telecaster
        2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE
        2014 Tokai Love Rock LS115F
        2013 Ibanez Prestige RG3521
        2018 Ibanez JCustom RG8570Z
        Friedman Runt 50

Comment

Originally posted by cayle_6 View Post
          where did you get the user name, Beandip?
          I honestly wish I could tell you. I know it was a nickname that originated during my senior year of high school. How, I don't know. I do know it didn't originate by consuming bean dip, I've never really cared for the stuff.

Comment

Who's that in the avatar? I always thought it was you til I noticed you'r only 22 and thought your life can't have been THAT hard!

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

That would be The Redheaded Stranger, Willie Nelson. One of America's greatest lyricists, songwriters, and icons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Nelson

Being an aspiring lyricist myself, he's one of my idols. I certainly don't think he's cool for what most do though.

Comment

How do you keep the music playing? How do you make it last?

Oops, my bad. I was listening to the local "soft rock" station. Half-a-million watts of 98.3 mHz tends to tenderize one's brain.

Are you interested in music as a career? Why/why not?
                sigpic
                "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                Originally posted by Lewguitar
                In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

If I could get a job just playing music. Not being a rock star or anything, but getting paid to strum a couple of songs would be nice. Actually, I do it anyway. I'm the "house opener" at a bar my wife works at. When an artist doesn't have their own opening act or anyone in mind, I'm called in. No one big, couple of local legends and Texas Country artists. 75 bucks and a free tab. Not too bad, but not great either. But then again, I'm not in it to be rich

Comment

What are some of the most common mistakes that amateur/novice/bonehead luthiers make, and what can be done to correct them?
                    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by grumpy
                      Do you have a picture of yourself?

Favorite bands?
                      check the profile pic, although in my defense my hair trimmer broke and I was completely wasted (had a bad day, needed to blow off some steam).

Favorite bands are in the order as follows:

Bleu Edmondson Band
                      ZZ Top
                      Cross Canadian Ragweed
                      Rand Rogers Band
                      Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses
                      Brandon Jenkins
                      Bart Crow Band

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                        What are some of the most common mistakes that amateur/novice/bonehead luthiers make, and what can be done to correct them?
                        The most common is to assume that it's easy. It's simple, but by no means easy.

The one thing I saw most attempted was electronics work, with no prior experience without having the proper knowledge. Be very well informed before performing any task, in the field of lutherie or life. A 15w soldering iron, acid core solder, and cheap ass dime pots are not what you need to install that Dimebucker in your Dean.

The second most common is to assume that the guitar neck itself is in this fragile balance and if altered your whole world will come crashing down. Because of this fear, many guys either don't adjust their truss rod and it causes problems, or DO adjust their truss rod incorrectly and it causes even worse problems. It's all common sense, it really is. While everything can be explained with a vast understanding of Physics, everything that happens within a guitar (be it electric or acoustic) or any repair that needs to be done is all common sense. It's just a matter of possessing the knowledge to use that sense correctly. That's where the schools and books come in.

Comment

You disappeared for like a year (or two?). Where did you go? How'd you end up where you are?

Also, what pulled ya back here?
                          Facebook - My facebook page
                          Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

What gauge are your ears stretched out to?
                            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                              You disappeared for like a year (or two?). Where did you go? How'd you end up where you are?

Also, what pulled ya back here?
                              I been everywhere man. Nah, I was looking for a new beginning. I sold everything I owned but my car, clothes, and 2 guitars and headed to Denver. Met up with a gal, was into heavy drug use, and things went down. I have a "sister" here in DFW who I've known all my life. She caught wind of how my life was going down and moved me out here. I stayed with her for a few months until I got on my feet. Been here ever since.

For about 2 months out of the time that I lived in Denver, I spent some time traveling the Southeast. Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, Louisiana, Oklahoma. Just places that I'd always wanted to form my own opinion about but never really had the chance. It was all a big travel plan to visit my best friend from high school who moved out to Florida for school.

I like Texas, and chances are I'll stay here for awhile. Although if I had the chance to start over in Denver again, but having the knowledge I have now (and being clean), I would.

Comment

Working...
                              X