This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well Part LXXVII BTMN

Well, 7 days is probably all ya'll wanna know about me it seems. I offered it to With Full Distortion next.

Before I go, here is a lil clip of me singing/screaming Electric Eye last February at the Dean Open House Party. That is my Korina V with a set of Duncan Antiquities in it on my right in TransblueZ's hands, and the White V is played by it's owner, Thor, both outstanding brothers from the Dean board. Stichface Angel and BRI54 on drums round us out.

Dont laugh to much it was the first time any of us had done this song together and it kicked off the member's jam section of the night.

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
      Well, 7 days is probably all ya'll wanna know about me it seems. I offered it to With Full Distortion next.

Before I go, here is a lil clip of me singing/screaming Electric Eye last February at the Dean Open House Party. That is my Korina V with a set of Duncan Antiquities in it on my right in TransblueZ's hands, and the White V is played by it's owner, Thor, both outstanding brothers from the Dean board. Stichface Angel and BRI54 on drums round us out.

Dont laugh to much it was the first time any of us had done this song together and it kicked off the member's jam section of the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSAXg...e=channel_page
      Two Flying Vs! I'm surprised that stage didn't launch into the atmosphere.
      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

So no reply or thread started. I will search out a second victim errr ummm participant after work.

Any further questions?
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Ever met any of the members of Aerosmith in person?
          Originally posted by ImmortalSix
          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Who is BTMN?
            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I am BTMN. Here I am in 2005 jamming on a 2004 Dean USA Z Pro loaded factory with Tonepro bridge, Seymour Duncan JB Bridge / '59er Neck pickups, and Grover tuners!

Yes PUH, I have met them all in 1989 in London England on a fan club junket with 19 other Aerosmith fans. Own any Hard and Heavy VHS tapes or happen to get the dvd at Target a year or so ago? I'm on that from out in front of the venue, The Hammersmith Odean, I introduce the London Quireboys on it. They opened the Aerosmith London shows. I have met Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton twice since. Briefly each time, hello, said something totally forgetable, goodbye.
              I have a '76 Ibanez Goldtop LP with Joe Perry's autograph still on it from the London deal. Brad's evaporated.

Guitar to sound output:

Comment

how would you rate the quality of the korean deans?
                Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

where can i get a soltero sl for a great price?
                  Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                    where can i get a soltero sl for a great price?
                    I like the Dealer section on the Dean Forum but I really like BRG Music cause of the ease of purchase and delivery. Need a nice B stock one PM me. Brand new but scratch and dent type. Usually minimum damage or cosmetic in nature stuff too.

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                    how would you rate the quality of the korean deans?
                    Didn't I answer that on page one? I own 7 Korean made Deans in various body styles. All are real nice and about the only thing done has been a pickup upgrade to one of them. P90 Z upgraded with Duncans.

BTW, Korean LW Solteros all have Dean USA pickups in them.

From page one: Overall I think they are a decent product for the money. As with most imports, you gotta put one in YOUR hands to know if YOU like it. I COULD love it but to you it might be "meh". The LWs are really well received.
                    Last edited by BTMN; 07-25-2009, 06:11 PM.
                    Guitar to sound output:

Comment

So who wants a turn in The Well? I pm'ed With Full Distortion but he never replied or started a thread so......

Thanks for not burning on me about any flaws that Priest cover MIGHT have.

It was a blast.
                      Guitar to sound output:

Comment

what is your take on the Korean Hamer imports?

Comment

What was the conclusion of this rare version of Dream On? Where did this radio station get a version of the song that was never released? How is it possible a cooler version exists and a Aerosmith expert doesn't have it? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                            what is your take on the Korean Hamer imports?
                            Pretty much the same as the Korean Deans. Overall I think they are a decent product for the money. I prefer the Hamer Slammer Series Korean made ones the best. The XT guitars are chinese made but have gotten good reviews especially the "Korina" one with the Duncan USA 59N/JBB combo stock in them. The Slammer by Hamer stuff is the bottom of the line stuff from Kaman. IIRC that stuff is not sold now. With Fender taking over Hamer brand all that will change if it hasn't.

Truth is the Hamer import stuff was mearly a sharing of the brand name for Kaman to have an import electric guitar. On the factory tour I took in '04 Frank Rindone told us all the two divisions did little in relation to each other. The Hamer USA workers did not final prep or work on them IIRC. They shared Hamers models and specs but not parts or hand selected woods Hamer USA prides itself on. In the same building with Hamers build shop was Ovation USA guitar factory and other divisions of Kaman in the three or four building setup.

As with most imports, you gotta put one in YOUR hands to know if YOU like it. I COULD love it but to you it might be "meh". I own Two import flattop Sunburst models at present. I have owned two others and an import Standard. That Standard was loaded with a Duncan USA 59n/JBB with Sperzels on it when I got it for $300 with case!!! Sold it 7 months later for $350 and no shipping.

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                            What was the conclusion of this rare version of Dream On? Where did this radio station get a version of the song that was never released? How is it possible a cooler version exists and a Aerosmith expert doesn't have it? lol
                            As I said there are a million versions of songs and it probably is a "Columbia radio edit". Cant own everything. Chances are he doesn't have Atlanta 9/17/2001 on cd but I do. There is a SWEET version of Honky Tonk Woman on that one. Yeah, Aerosmith, doing The Stones!!! Only Expert thing I might claim about Aerosmith would be I have a good time when I'm listening to them. Everything else is fluid. I have had every kind of experiance at Aerosmith shows from near fights to near lays, nearly getting arrested in Atlanta in 2002 to having the hair on my arms raise as the 2001 show in Indy started my first of 13 shows that tour. Next show I see will be #55.

Life IS Good!
                            Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Working...
                            X