Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

    Looks like it's my turn so fire away!

  • #2
    Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

    how's robin hood and his merry men?
    Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

      Originally posted by newking70 View Post
      how's robin hood and his merry men?
      Fictional as far as I know Nah, he was ok the last time I saw him (his statue that is! )
      Last edited by Brow; 07-28-2009, 06:39 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

        How's your pedalboard these days? What could go and what would you hold on to for as fas as you can tell?

        Do you still use SDs or is it all Bare Knuckle now?

        Is Newcastle Brown Ale really considered a low-class beverage over there?
        There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

          Show me your Gordon Smith guitar. Ever heard of Nocturne Guitars? Very cool guy runs it.

          http://www.nocturne-guitars.co.uk/

          BTW Thanks for taking the torch. Seemed like folks only wanted to know about Aerosmith, Hamer, and Dean. Not much asked of me.

          Life IS Good. I think I got off easy at least they didn't ask me about some character hundreds of years old.
          Aint no pro but I know what I like....
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

            Originally posted by Johtosotku View Post
            How's your pedalboard these days? What could go and what would you hold on to for as fas as you can tell?

            Do you still use SDs or is it all Bare Knuckle now?

            Is Newcastle Brown Ale really considered a low-class beverage over there?
            My main pedalboard is still relatively large (15 or so pedals). For holding onto I'd say my HBE Power Screamer, G2D Custom Overdrive, BSIAB2 Drive, Pitchblack Tuner and MI Audio Boost N' Buff. That would cover all of my main sound needs, anything like Chorus/Phaser/Delay is just extras really.

            I've used all BKPs for a while now, although I do have a JB in the bridge of a Charvel Fusion Special which I'm trying to sell.

            And yes, 'Newkie Brown' is a low class beverage over here too

            Originally posted by BTMN View Post
            Show me your Gordon Smith guitar. Ever heard of Nocturne Guitars? Very cool guy runs it.

            http://www.nocturne-guitars.co.uk/

            BTW Thanks for taking the torch. Seemed like folks only wanted to know about Aerosmith, Hamer, and Dean. Not much asked of me.

            Life IS Good. I think I got off easy at least they didn't ask me about some character hundreds of years old.
            Here's the GSG:



            Nope not heard of Nocturne Guitars, so will head over and have a look

            No worries on taking the torch, makes a change for me!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

              OOOH!!! I like the look of that! Is it a higher end guitar or entry level import. Total package would be Black hardware.

              What do you have that is homebuilt? Is homebuilt guitars an "english thing"? I ask that because several famous guys, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Brian May, all made thier own guitars. I think every guitar player should build one for himself. If not in it's entirity, at least assemble a kit guitar to good playable status.
              Aint no pro but I know what I like....
              Guitar to sound output:
              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

                What's the funniest time you ever had romancing, and still managed to share passion?

                What started you on your musical path?

                First guitar rig?
                sigpic
                "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                --'King' Curtis Ousley

                Visit me on Facebook
                Originally posted by Lewguitar
                In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

                  Will I be able to complete installation of Guitar Tracks Pro on my PC?
                  Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

                  Teknon Theou

                  Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

                    What was the first concert you saw? Most recent? Best? Worst?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

                      Why are you so freakin' awesome?(see guys, I changed it up)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

                        Are you playing in a band(s) again? I thought your old band, For This Day, definitely had some cool tunes.
                        Facebook - My facebook page
                        Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

                          Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                          OOOH!!! I like the look of that! Is it a higher end guitar or entry level import. Total package would be Black hardware.

                          What do you have that is homebuilt? Is homebuilt guitars an "english thing"? I ask that because several famous guys, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Brian May, all made thier own guitars. I think every guitar player should build one for himself. If not in it's entirity, at least assemble a kit guitar to good playable status.
                          Gordon Smith Guitars are all built by hand on a small-ish scale (about 500 a year I think, if not less) in Manchester, England. Mine was a custom order as I wanted a 2 piece bridge and a particular colour. I bought it with money I got after my grandad died, so I ordered it in 1 of his favourite colours, Yellow

                          Here's my 2 homebuilds:




                          The 1st started out life as some sort of Japanese made Strat copy. I found it in a carrier bag while at college about 6 or 7 years ago. They were going to throw it away so I gave it a home. Aside from several sets of pickups, all I did to it was strip the body (was black originally) and then rub some linseed oil in and seel it with wax. I never got it set up, it just seemed to work straight from being bolted back together.

                          The 2nd is a Mexi Fender neck which I got via someone else but they got it from TO, and the body was made by a guy called Roger Giffin in the 80s, think he sued ot build guitars for Clapton and Townshend from Schecter parts.

                          Originally posted by ginormous View Post
                          What's the funniest time you ever had romancing, and still managed to share passion?

                          What started you on your musical path?

                          First guitar rig?
                          Every time is funniest, but always manage to hold onto some passion I can't take it too seriously or we both just crack up laughing!

                          Kiss and Aerosmith started me off on my musical path, hence my early love of Les Pauls.

                          1st guitar was an Encore strat copy with 1 humbucker, controls that didn't work and inch high action. I sold that after 4 years of non use and bought a Rikter Tobacco Sunburst LP copy due to Ace Frehley. 1st amp was a 1x12 40w Marshall Valvestate combo with a broken clean channel.

                          Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                          Will I be able to complete installation of Guitar Tracks Pro on my PC?
                          Maybe!

                          Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
                          What was the first concert you saw? Most recent? Best? Worst?
                          1st concert was a Foo Fighters gig, most recent was also a Foo Fighters gig and the best was probably The Darkness.

                          Originally posted by Ninja Monkey View Post
                          Why are you so freakin' awesome?(see guys, I changed it up)
                          I dunno, 1st time anyone apart from me has said it!

                          Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          Are you playing in a band(s) again? I thought your old band, For This Day, definitely had some cool tunes.
                          Not currently no. Since FTD I was in a Pop/Rock covers band for a year or so. It was a laugh, but not the sorta music I wanted to do. Since then I've been in another band that's more 'me' musically, but for some reason never really felt I fit in so I'm now on the lookout again.

                          FTD carried on after I left, but don't think they do too much anymore.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

                            Wow! I guess I missed out on this episode of the well. Here's what I'd like to know:

                            Have you ever been to the United States? If so, what did you like most about it, and what did you like least about it (as it compares to the UK). If not, what part of the US (if any) would you most like to visit?

                            - Keith
                            Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                            I am just jug the merlot

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

                              I'm planning on writing a novel about Robin Hood. And...I'm coming down to Wales for a holiday next month so -

                              Is there one (or at most two) site(s) that you would recommend seeing to get a feel for Robin Hood?

                              http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X