replied
    Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

what's the story behind your user name?

Leave a comment:

• Brow
    replied

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
    Wow! I guess I missed out on this episode of the well. Here's what I'd like to know:

Have you ever been to the United States? If so, what did you like most about it, and what did you like least about it (as it compares to the UK). If not, what part of the US (if any) would you most like to visit?

- Keith
    Hey Keith.

I've been to the US twice:

The 1st time was when I was 12 (I'm 26 now) and I went to Florids for 3 weeks with my family. That was an awesome holiday and something I'm looking at repeating as soon as I can afford it!

The 2nd time was about 3 or 4 years ago when I came to New York City with my girlfriend and spent the week with TO. He had a gig in Pennsylvania 1 of the nights we were there so I guitar teched/hindered him for the gig and then he showed us the sights each day (as well as some awesome guitar shops ). The thing I liked best was I s'ppose the people and the whole atmosphere of the place. I felt safer wandering around NYC at night (and early hours of the morning ) than I do in my own home town!.

As for future visits, I'd love to fly in and hire a car and do some driving around to see what I can see for a few weeks.

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
    I'm planning on writing a novel about Robin Hood. And...I'm coming down to Wales for a holiday next month so -

Is there one (or at most two) site(s) that you would recommend seeing to get a feel for Robin Hood?
    I have no idea what's in Wales regards Robin Hood, but I'm from just outside Nottingham, which is probably the main place associated with him. There's a few tourist attractions in the city about him (his statue outside the castle etc), as well as 'The Tales Of Robin Hood', which is an attraction that's been around for years. Sherwood Forest and The Major Oak are also massively associated with him, and they're based in Edwinstowe which is about 20 miles outside of Nottingham. The Robin Hood Centre at Sherwood has either been or will soon be massively renovated and updated. So depending where your travels take you, those would be the places I'd suggest.

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
    What are you most proud of in your life, be it a material possession or an accomplishment or whatever?
    1 of the bands I was in a few years ago recorded an album (half of which I recorded and mixed/produced) and an EP and I'm very proud of that material. We also did a few gigs on the main stage at The Cavern Club in Liverpool, England which has a huge amount of history behind it as most of the 'classic' bands from this country have played there at some point in their career. THe times I played there I stood on the same spot on the stage as David Gilmour did when he played there on Millennium Eve with Paul McCartney, I'm also very proud of that

Leave a comment:

• dd12939
    replied

What are you most proud of in your life, be it a material possession or an accomplishment or whatever?

Leave a comment:

• Diocletian
    replied

I'm planning on writing a novel about Robin Hood. And...I'm coming down to Wales for a holiday next month so -

Is there one (or at most two) site(s) that you would recommend seeing to get a feel for Robin Hood?

Leave a comment:

• Pink Unicorn Horsey
    replied

Wow! I guess I missed out on this episode of the well. Here's what I'd like to know:

Have you ever been to the United States? If so, what did you like most about it, and what did you like least about it (as it compares to the UK). If not, what part of the US (if any) would you most like to visit?

- Keith

Leave a comment:

• Brow
    replied

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
    OOOH!!! I like the look of that! Is it a higher end guitar or entry level import. Total package would be Black hardware.

What do you have that is homebuilt? Is homebuilt guitars an "english thing"? I ask that because several famous guys, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Brian May, all made thier own guitars. I think every guitar player should build one for himself. If not in it's entirity, at least assemble a kit guitar to good playable status.
    Gordon Smith Guitars are all built by hand on a small-ish scale (about 500 a year I think, if not less) in Manchester, England. Mine was a custom order as I wanted a 2 piece bridge and a particular colour. I bought it with money I got after my grandad died, so I ordered it in 1 of his favourite colours, Yellow

Here's my 2 homebuilds:

The 1st started out life as some sort of Japanese made Strat copy. I found it in a carrier bag while at college about 6 or 7 years ago. They were going to throw it away so I gave it a home. Aside from several sets of pickups, all I did to it was strip the body (was black originally) and then rub some linseed oil in and seel it with wax. I never got it set up, it just seemed to work straight from being bolted back together.

The 2nd is a Mexi Fender neck which I got via someone else but they got it from TO, and the body was made by a guy called Roger Giffin in the 80s, think he sued ot build guitars for Clapton and Townshend from Schecter parts.

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
    What's the funniest time you ever had romancing, and still managed to share passion?

What started you on your musical path?

First guitar rig?
    Every time is funniest, but always manage to hold onto some passion I can't take it too seriously or we both just crack up laughing!

Kiss and Aerosmith started me off on my musical path, hence my early love of Les Pauls.

1st guitar was an Encore strat copy with 1 humbucker, controls that didn't work and inch high action. I sold that after 4 years of non use and bought a Rikter Tobacco Sunburst LP copy due to Ace Frehley. 1st amp was a 1x12 40w Marshall Valvestate combo with a broken clean channel.

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
    Will I be able to complete installation of Guitar Tracks Pro on my PC?
    Maybe!

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
    What was the first concert you saw? Most recent? Best? Worst?
    1st concert was a Foo Fighters gig, most recent was also a Foo Fighters gig and the best was probably The Darkness.

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey View Post
    Why are you so freakin' awesome?(see guys, I changed it up)
    I dunno, 1st time anyone apart from me has said it!

Originally posted by Jake View Post
    Are you playing in a band(s) again? I thought your old band, For This Day, definitely had some cool tunes.
    Not currently no. Since FTD I was in a Pop/Rock covers band for a year or so. It was a laugh, but not the sorta music I wanted to do. Since then I've been in another band that's more 'me' musically, but for some reason never really felt I fit in so I'm now on the lookout again.

FTD carried on after I left, but don't think they do too much anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied

Are you playing in a band(s) again? I thought your old band, For This Day, definitely had some cool tunes.

Leave a comment:

• Ninja Monkey
    replied

Why are you so freakin' awesome?(see guys, I changed it up)

Leave a comment:

• dd12939
    replied

What was the first concert you saw? Most recent? Best? Worst?

Leave a comment:

• LesStrat
    replied

Will I be able to complete installation of Guitar Tracks Pro on my PC?

Leave a comment:

• ginormous
    replied

What's the funniest time you ever had romancing, and still managed to share passion?

What started you on your musical path?

First guitar rig?

Leave a comment:

• BTMN
    replied

OOOH!!! I like the look of that! Is it a higher end guitar or entry level import. Total package would be Black hardware.

What do you have that is homebuilt? Is homebuilt guitars an "english thing"? I ask that because several famous guys, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Brian May, all made thier own guitars. I think every guitar player should build one for himself. If not in it's entirity, at least assemble a kit guitar to good playable status.

Leave a comment:

• Brow
    replied

Originally posted by Johtosotku View Post
    How's your pedalboard these days? What could go and what would you hold on to for as fas as you can tell?

Do you still use SDs or is it all Bare Knuckle now?

Is Newcastle Brown Ale really considered a low-class beverage over there?
    My main pedalboard is still relatively large (15 or so pedals). For holding onto I'd say my HBE Power Screamer, G2D Custom Overdrive, BSIAB2 Drive, Pitchblack Tuner and MI Audio Boost N' Buff. That would cover all of my main sound needs, anything like Chorus/Phaser/Delay is just extras really.

I've used all BKPs for a while now, although I do have a JB in the bridge of a Charvel Fusion Special which I'm trying to sell.

And yes, 'Newkie Brown' is a low class beverage over here too

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
    Show me your Gordon Smith guitar. Ever heard of Nocturne Guitars? Very cool guy runs it.

BTW Thanks for taking the torch. Seemed like folks only wanted to know about Aerosmith, Hamer, and Dean. Not much asked of me.

Life IS Good. I think I got off easy at least they didn't ask me about some character hundreds of years old.
    Here's the GSG:

Nope not heard of Nocturne Guitars, so will head over and have a look

No worries on taking the torch, makes a change for me!

Leave a comment:

• BTMN
    replied

Show me your Gordon Smith guitar. Ever heard of Nocturne Guitars? Very cool guy runs it.

BTW Thanks for taking the torch. Seemed like folks only wanted to know about Aerosmith, Hamer, and Dean. Not much asked of me.

Life IS Good. I think I got off easy at least they didn't ask me about some character hundreds of years old.

Leave a comment:

• Johtosotku
    replied

How's your pedalboard these days? What could go and what would you hold on to for as fas as you can tell?

Do you still use SDs or is it all Bare Knuckle now?

Is Newcastle Brown Ale really considered a low-class beverage over there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X