This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well LXXX -- aleclee

Should I ask you a crap-load of questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey View Post
      Should I ask you a crap-load of questions?
      A crap-load of questions is no prob. A load of crap questions is less likely to be answered.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
      My Music

Comment

aside from music, what else do you do for fun?
        Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
          A crap-load of questions is no prob. A load of crap questions is less likely to be answered.
          Okay, here goes...

Megadeth or Metallica?

Are The Beatles really the best band of all time?

If you could only listen to one band's discography, which band would you choose?

Les Pauls, pickguard or no?

Mesa, Marshall, Vox, or Fender? amps-wise.

Telecasters, trash or treasure?

What was the happiest moment of your life?

Saddest moment?

Religious beliefs? If you care to share.

Favorite color?

Favorite sport/physical activity?

What song describes your life best? Youtube link if possible, please.

What is your best personality trait?

What is your worst personality trait?

Rock or Rap?

That's all for now.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
            aside from music, what else do you do for fun?
            I try to go snowboarding but that's been on hold since Mini-Me was born. I like to read and tinker with tech. At the gym I play some squash (getting hurt too often, though ) and do pilates. I run a fantasy football league and try to keep up on the Broncos and Army Football. Been a Broncos season ticket holder since '96.
            Megadeth or Metallica?
            Megadeth. I find Metallica to be fatiguing to listen to.
            Are The Beatles really the best band of all time?
            I really dislike the use of the term "best", especially on things music-related and particularly on intarwebs discussion sites. Ain't no such thing as a best band. Only what speaks most profoundly to a particular individual.

I do think that they were brilliant songwriters, though. I've had "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" stuck in my head since I was at Guitar Workshop four weeks ago.
            If you could only listen to one band's discography, which band would you choose?
            As with "best", I'm not a big fan of "only one" discussion either because for me it tends to emphasize flexibility over quality and that's not really the way I roll. For example, the short answer to your question would be Led Zeppelin but that's because their catalog is the most varied, not because they're my favorite band. That honor would go to Pink Floyd. I'm also a Queensryche fan going back to '81 but a decade full of stinky releases has relegated them more to "stuff I used to listen do".
            Les Pauls, pickguard or no?
            I'm more of a PRS Singlecut guy so I suppose that would put me in the "no pickguard" camp.

Mesa, Marshall, Vox, or Fender? amps-wise.
            Despite having gone through my share of gear, I've only owned Fender (Hot Rod Deluxe) out of that list. I had a stock one and now one an Omega-modded one.

If I'm getting my overdrive from pedals, I'd say Fender. If pedals aren't allowed, I'd take Mesa.

Telecasters, trash or treasure?
            There's a saying that people either love cilantro or hate it. I'm one of those odd folks who can either take it or leave it.

I bring this up because I'm kind of lukewarm on Teles. I don't dislike 'em like I do Strats and rather like the MIM ash Tele I own but wouldn't describe it as "treasure". They're useful guitars and surprisingly versatile but not my favorite tool for pursuing my musical vision.

What was the happiest moment of your life?
            Probably the day we brought my son home from the hospital. It was a difficult pregnancy and homecoming meant that both mother and son were doing okay.

Saddest moment?
            When my grandfather died. We were very close.

Religious beliefs? If you care to share.
            Probably best described as Christian who hasn't yet found a church that fails to bug me. I'll just leave it at that.

Favorite color?
            Blue.

Favorite sport/physical activity?
            Squash or snow sports. If I had the time, money, location, I'd probably say surfing.

What song describes your life best? Youtube link if possible, please.
            Dunno if any song could do it justice. It's a work in progress that's had its share of twists, turns, ups and downs. I wouldn't say it's extraordinary--I just think that it's hard to effectively distill most lives into a song.

What is your best personality trait?
            Sense of humor

What is your worst personality trait?
            Impatience

Rock or Rap?
            Rock. As with hair metal, rap has too much posing and not enough music for my taste.
            Last edited by aleclee; 08-17-2009, 09:34 PM.
            My Music

Comment

has becoming a dad changed your outlook on life?
              Originally posted by Gearjoneser
              Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                has becoming a dad changed your outlook on life?
                Not so much. Bear in mind that I was just a few months shy of 40 and married 8 years when I became a father. My attitudes about family were pretty well established long before Mini-Me came on the scene. Certain behaviors have certainly changed (e.g., cut out most cursing at home--at least when he's around) but I think my world view is pretty well intact. Having him around tended to validate my outlook rather than challenge it.
                My Music

Comment

Tell me, in your own words, as many as you like, what do you think about the most famous guitar dealer in Las Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                    Tell me, in your own words, as many as you like, what do you think about the most famous guitar dealer in Las Vegas?
                    Is this a reference to the little web site I put together six or seven years ago?

I did that back in the days of the original PRS Forum. There was a lot of "Who's this guy Ed Roman and why is he such a PRS hater?" The guys who ran the forum preferred not to address him or his misinformation on the actual forum site so I put together a few choice pieces of info about him.

It's interesting to watch his site over time and see how some things that he once sold (e.g., PRS & McNaught guitars) go from being the bees knees to utter crap. On the other hand, some stuff he currently sells (e.g., import guitars) were the subject of many rants but now are the best thing since sliced bread. Notice a pattern here?

When you get right down to it, I don't really need to say anything about him because his actions speak for themselves. I don't lose any sleep over what he says or does because most reasonably intelligent folks can sniff out his BS.
                    My Music

Comment

That's right. And well said.

Comment

So... are you gonna give Kirei the well?

Comment

Working...
                        X