This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

whats your favorite guitar ever and why? ever played it?

Comment

Will my drums sell soon?
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
        Will my drums sell soon?
        maybe

specs?

andrew: what do you think is wrong with the music industry today?

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
          whats your favorite guitar ever and why? ever played it?
          My favorite guitar ever (never played it) would have to be one of two choices.

1. A solid mahoghany SG (maybe just a varnish over the wood, no poly or nitro) with a black batwing pickguard. It would have P90s in it and a slim taper neck.

OR

2. A white SG with a black 60s style pickguard and it would have some kind of P.A.F.s in it. (alnico 5) It would also have a slim taper neck.

I like Les Pauls and other Gibson style guitars but I like SGs the most. They seem to fit me best.
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Well technically I have played the 2nd choice but it is an Epiphone I own so it isn't "perfect." But it is very good, I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
              Will my drums sell soon?
              I hope.

Comment

andrew: what do you think is wrong with the music industry today?
                I just think the record companies have created a formula that the music they produce needs to follow certain standards. This was just created to get more money to the people higher up.

It's not all the record companies either. Some musicians just want to make money and they are not necassarily "real" musicians.

I can't wait for the next Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, or Pink Floyd to come out.

The music industry isn't all bad but they are restricting. There is still some decent music coming out but not in the truckloads it was coming out in the late 60s and early 70s.

Comment

ive read many people that say, "if you want to make it as a major label artist, be prepared to give up royalties, artistic control and music ownership".

doesnt seem fair right? i cant wait for the next big guitarist either.

might even be a forum bro.

Comment

ive read many people that say, "if you want to make it as a major label artist, be prepared to give up royalties, artistic control and music ownership".

doesnt seem fair right? i cant wait for the next big guitarist either.

might even be a forum bro.
                    I have thought about that. A forum bro making it big. That would be nice to see. That one guy, BTMN, I think his name is... I saw the well the first day I joined and saw that, people were asking him questions and I thought he made it big.

I couldn't do that. Give up my artistic control. I know it sounds stupid but I would rather not be famous at all if I had the play some pop music garbage for Kanye West or whatever his name is. That would be just like me giving up. I would be more content making $50,000 a year working as a kindergarden teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                      I have thought about that. A forum bro making it big. That would be nice to see. That one guy, BTMN, I think his name is... I saw the well the first day I joined and saw that, people were asking him questions and I thought he made it big.

I couldn't do that. Give up my artistic control. I know it sounds stupid but I would rather not be famous at all if I had the play some pop music garbage for Kanye West or whatever his name is. That would be just like me giving up. I would be more content making $50,000 a year working as a kindergarden teacher.
                      I like to think of myself as a well balanced guitarist, but i'd still love artistic control.

are you a fan of punk rock?
                      whos the dude in your avatar?

Comment

I like to think of myself as a well balanced guitarist, but i'd still love artistic control.

are you a fan of punk rock?
                        whos the dude in your avatar?
                        I am well balanced as well. I play Blues, Classic Rock, Metal, some Jazz, and Acoustic (Folk stuff).

Blues, I mostly listen to late 60s British Blues artists like Savoy Brown, Peter Green and Ten Years After. Classic Rock is mostly Led Zeppelin and Alice Cooper. Metal is Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Randy Rhoads Ozzy Stuff, and occasionaly a Megadeth song or two. Jazz is mostly Django Reinhardt. And acoustic is mostly just little songs I write. I don't really buy a lot of folk music.

My favorite type of music would have to be blues.

I don't like punk rock that much. There is a song from Weezer I like. Buddy Holly I think it's called. I also like the Ramones but overall I don't really like Fall Out Boy etc. The new bands.

The guy in my avatar is Kim Simmonds, the guitarist and singer from Savoy Brown. He is a great lyricist, guitarist, and has a real cool voice. He is an all around great musician. He plays mostly blues with some influences from other types of music.

Comment

Working...
                        X