banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well LXXXIIII: zombies from outer space!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well LXXXIIII: zombies from outer space!

Ready to get grilled.

Andrew Lamprecht passed the well on to me.

Ps- the dude is currently selling a godin case for ONLY $85 dollars. Help a brother out.

Re: The Well LXXXIIII: zombies from outer space!

Originally posted by Jessie Sammler
    What's the worst guitar you've ever owned?
    probably my epiphone les paul special II.

not a les paul AT ALL. it feels more like a singlecut squier affinity strat to be honest.

Comment

meaning of your username?
      any relation to space godzilla?
      thoughts on "godzilla vs space godzilla"?
      in a more serious vein...top 5 albums of the moment?

Comment

oh also, when's the last time you brushed up on your roman numerals?

Comment

were you a regular and went away for a while?
          what do you think of rob zombie's films?
          did you find white zombie to be interesting but overrated?

Comment

where do you stand as far as rancids concerned? Like or dislike?
            Pedalboard or stomp boxes?
            28 weeks later or night of the living dead(any of em)?
            Cambiar de imanes es falso y maricon

Comment

is 18 your true age? if not, what is your true age?

what country, state, city do you live in?

what do you 'do' (e.g full time student, full time work, pt student/pt work, other)?

tell us about your family of origin?

fav guitar you own

fav guitar you hope to own someday

fav amp you own

fav amp you hope to own someday

fav type(s) of music

fav band(s)

how long you've been playing?

what made you want to start?

where were you born

what is the single most important accomplishment you'd like to achieve before you draw your final breath

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your proudest

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your most profound regret

what do we not know about you that you'd like us to?

what do we think we know about you that is false

what are some of the philosophical truths that guide you in your day-to-day?

what did your parents/family of origin do well that you hope to emulate?

what did your parents/family of origin do not well that you hope to improve upon ?

favorite childhood memory?

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are happy that it is not true

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are sad that it is not true

tell us one thing that is not true today but you hope will be true about you in 5 years that you welcome

tell us one thing that is not true today but that is likely to be true about you in 5 years but that you hope to avoid

what one thing (that is not about your physical appearance) would you change about yourself today if you had a magic wand that would serve this purpose
              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by willeubanks View Post
                meaning of your username?
                any relation to space godzilla?
                thoughts on "godzilla vs space godzilla"?
                in a more serious vein...top 5 albums of the moment?
                My username is a play on the song "astro zombies" by The Misfits.
                No relation to space Godzilla, though I am a Godzilla fan, I don't appreciate the films' way of making the movies what seems like 40 minutes of talking and a few glimpses of action.

And my current top 5 albums are (in no order, assume each is #1).

One of the boys - Katy Perry
                Big Ones - Aerosmith
                Let It Be - The Beatles
                Adore - Smashing Pumpkins
                Enema of the state - blink-182

And mandatory Metallica.

Comment

Originally posted by willeubanks View Post
                  oh also, when's the last time you brushed up on your roman numerals?
                  though I am guilty of not revising befor posting, I didn't want to have to write it so I just copypasted it from a message from Andrew. So I guess it's both our faults.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
                    were you a regular and went away for a while?
                    what do you think of rob zombie's films?
                    did you find white zombie to be interesting but overrated?
                    In a nutshell: yes. Though I didn't post very often I'd read alot of threads just for their tech aspect. I went away after learning that the meaning of life is to whip it out and came back pretty much randomly one day.

That's not a stab at theodie, whipping it out can be effective. Though tricky, like the little (no relation) gun in Men In Black.

I've only seen his fist halloween, and it was decent.

I can't say I'm a real white or rob zombie fan. I haven't heard much. I do know he's worked with John5 in recent years, so kudos to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ponch View Post
                      where do you stand as far as rancids concerned? Like or dislike?
                      Pedalboard or stomp boxes?
                      28 weeks later or night of the living dead(any of em)?
                      Rancid's a cool band. Though I'm not a fanatic, I've heard several of their songs and think they put out some great tunes. though when i saw the guy from good charlotte and kelly osbourne in a video i was skeptical.

I don't own a pedalboad, but want so many effects I'd probably end up with one. right now i only have a couple of stompboxes.

28 DAYS later was good. 28 weeks was also gory. im a fan of slightly obscure zombie movies (those that arent widely known today) such as dawn of the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                        Rancid's a cool band. Though I'm not a fanatic, I've heard several of their songs and think they put out some great tunes. though when i saw the guy from good charlotte and kelly osbourne in a video i was skeptical.

I don't own a pedalboad, but want so many effects I'd probably end up with one. right now i only have a couple of stompboxes.

28 DAYS later was good. 28 weeks was also gory. im a fan of slightly obscure zombie movies (those that arent widely known today) such as dawn of the dead.
                        Hey Astro,

If you like REALLY heavy and gory movies, seek out a copy of "begotten".
                        Here's its sneak preview (Begotten, 1991, Dir. by E. Elias Merhige

Written and Directed by E. Elias Merhige. The film heavily deals with religion and the biblical story of earth creation. The primary inspiration was a near d...
                        <--- these guys fight, so we can enjoy large tracts of land

Comment

Shaun of the Dead/zombie parody comedies?

(blang-a-lang) Won't you take me to (blang-a-lang) Zombietown?

Dream music gig?

Dream day job?

What words best convey your life philosophy?
                          sigpic
                          "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                          --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                          Originally posted by Lewguitar
                          In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Where do you stand on clockwork orange? I threw up with so much violence at the first scene.

I wish I membered the name, it came out on TMC. Its a zombie movie, ska kids and mortuary people get trapped by zombies. Great film.
                            Cambiar de imanes es falso y maricon

Comment

tone4days:

I'm really 18.

I live at two different places depending the time of year. either Coral Gables (Miami) Florida, or Puerto Rico. I'm a full time student and i work at a library at my university as well as play gigs with my band. theres an awesome story involving master of puppets that is kind of long, but ill elaborate if anyone shows interest My family is divided in two because my parents are divorced. My Father was born in NYC while my mom was born in Georgia. they met in PR. My mom's family is full of military men, whilst my father's family is very separated because of tension and distrust between a few people in it.

My favorite guitar is hard to choose. I usually opt for either my Fender Jaguar HH, Strat or my Tom DeLonge Epi ES-333. These days ill probably pick up the Jaguar just because of the tonal options.

Id love to own some sort of vintage fender. Im sure the gibson version of the tom delonge ES-333 was a real piece a work, i wouldnt mind one of those either.

My favorite amp that I am very close to owning is a Fender HotRod Deville.
                              while on vacation in orlando i went to guitar center, i searched for a Jaguar HH, asked the dude to bring it down because they almost had it nailed horizontally onto the ceiling (how do they expect people to buy THOSE guitars all the way up there anyway?) and went around searching for a Vox AC30. you see, im a huge blink 182 fan, and tom delonge changed his rig to 2 voxac30s for his dirty sounds and fender twins for the cleans. i wanted to see what my guitar would sound like though that gear, so i looked for it but they didnt have an AC30. i was about to leave the store but said, hey he plays a fender for the cleans so i plugged into this medium sized combo amp and played my jag for a while. sounded AMAZING clean. then i switched the overdrive on, and though well its a fender i cant expect it to have Soldano gain... then i pressed "more drive" and was shocked. it was so fluid and textured, i knew i had to get one. turns out one of my best friend plays one and is selling it since im his bro, he's giving it up for 400. its worth almost 1K new.

I'd love to own a mesa or soldano someday. high gain sounds that are heard around the globe- why not?

my favorite type of music cant be nailed down so I'll say general rock. i love guitarists in all kinds of rock music.

my favorite band is blink-182.

ive been playing for about 7 years.

what made me want to start was just the idea of electric guitar. i dont know, as an 11 year old it was mysterious and cool. i went into a music store with my dad at the time, he was going to buy a bass for his girlfriend's son. he wanted to start. i just remember being there and seeing all the guitars and thinking wow this is all so cool.

I was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

as my biggest accomplishment, id like to continue with my band and put out several good albums. id love to play as my main source of income.

my proudest accomplishment so fad would have to be just the progess ive achieved with my music. my band has become a unit that can churn out ideas and polish them and make them better then you thought they could be. weve only been a band for about 2 years but theres just such a connection when we play, i read an article about how despite the beatles' disagreements, when they went on the rooftop and jammed, it was perfect. thats what i mean, musically these guys are now my brothers and playing with another band just feels ok at best. we now have enough material for an album, and are in the process of recording it. were going to release it ourselves so this is quite an effort.

my deepest regret would have to be letting go of a (now) woman who i admit was the one. we still talk but its depressing, i only get the chance to see her a few times a year, and more often than not shes working and i cant see her.

i dont really have anything it like to promote or shoot down about myself, but i will say this: alot of the time i read responses on the forum and feel that we dont give each other fair treatment. alot of people just dont know about certain topics whether it be pickups, strings, even dating or math or grammar. i think we should really take the time to just be nice to each other (which we generally do) and not be prejudiced just because a user is young or old or black or white or a man or woman.

one thing my parents have always done well is stick up for themselves, they each have a work ethic ill struggle to match.

my parents had several issues in their marriage that one can chalk up to miscommunication. i wish to avoid the situation.

id say my favorite childhood memory overall is just being so young and innocent and not knowing about the worlds problems and being happy. i wish i could go back.

Comment

Working...
                              X