banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

trevorus, aka, Trevis passed the baton to me, so here we are. For those of you who do not know me, I was a long time member of the forum, back from at least 2003, but I have actually lost track of when I joined. I took a few years off from 2007-2010 for personal reasons and came back this year. I've made a lot of good friends here and found a few who don't care for me....such is life.

Ask and ye shall receive. Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez.
    My Sound Clips

Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

Well **** man, I just asked you a question. if I had known this was in the works I would've held off.

So now I gotta think of a cool new question.

Gimme a minute.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Re: The Well XCVIII - Jeff_H An Enigma Surrounded By Mystery, Wrapped In A Conundrum

And no, Jeff and I do not live together.

Comment

Who's the chick in your avatar?
        What's your favorite beer?

That's all I got for now.

Comment

Let's expand on the beer... What is your favorite style?

Why do you frequent the SD forums? What other forums do you go to?
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

So how has the forum changed since before you took your break? Even though I joined up in 2005 I didn't start posting regularly until earlier this year so I have no impressions of how it's changed and evolved since then. What do you think of how it's progressed?
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
              +1 lol!
              BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
              Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
              Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
              Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
              Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
              Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
              Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
              Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
              Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
              Gibson EBO

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                trevorus, aka, Trevis passed the baton to me, so here we are. For those of you who do not know me, I was a long time member of the forum, back from at least 2003, but I have actually lost track of when I joined. I took a few years off from 2007-2010 for personal reasons and came back this year. I've made a lot of good friends here and found a few who don't care for me....such is life.

Ask and ye shall receive. Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez.
                Well..... glad to have you back..... i started in 2005 but I was in Iraq so i didn't get alot of time on the PC.
                BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
                Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
                Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
                Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
                Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
                Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
                Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
                Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
                Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
                Gibson EBO

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                  Anymore. I still have feelings for Jolly, but we have both moved on.
                  My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Got_tone? View Post
                    Who's the chick in your avatar?
                    What's your favorite beer?

That's all I got for now.
                    Monica Bellucci....Italian born actress, best known for her roles in the last 2 Matrix films. I have been a fan of hers for years. I have an all Monica, all the time policy for my Avatar. I switch it every now and then to a new pic of her....and usually only black and white. She looks so good in black and white.

Beer - don't really like it. I can drink an MGD or Coors Light or something if it's really hot in the summer and the beer is really cold. If I'm in a bar eating something I actually enjoy a Guiness on occasion. Other than that, I rarely drink beer. I actually have an MGD Light in my frig that is the remnant of a 6 pack I bought over 2 years ago when a friend came over for a ball game.
                    Last edited by Jeff_H; 09-04-2010, 09:00 PM.
                    My Sound Clips

Comment

What is your favorite historical film?

Do you drink coffee, and if so, what kind?
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                      Originally posted by Securb
                      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
                        Let's expand on the beer... What is your favorite style?

Why do you frequent the SD forums? What other forums do you go to?
                        If I have to pick a style of beer, it's Pilsner (I think that's what most american beer is). I don't like a lot of harsh flavors or darker beer flavors. That's why it's so strange that I like a Guiness every now and then. I could actually go the rest of my life without a beer and be perfectly happy.

I hang out here because I feel comfortable and like talking with everyone here. I feel like I have made some good friends here. I started like everyone looking for pickup advice because I wasn't happy with my guitar tone. I think Robert S was the first person to answer my very first post.

I used to visit the Marshall forum and one of the Fender Forums....can't remember which one now. I mostly just hang out here....I haven't really found anywhere else that I feel comfortable, welcome and just like one of the gang.
                        My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                          So how has the forum changed since before you took your break? Even though I joined up in 2005 I didn't start posting regularly until earlier this year so I have no impressions of how it's changed and evolved since then. What do you think of how it's progressed?
                          IMO, the forum is a lot less volatile that it was when I left. Back then, there were plenty of thread about religion, politics and other now forbidden subjects. It didn't happen all of the time, but there were plenty of threads that devolved into personal wars and flame wars. A lot of really nasty things were said in anger and passion. I was fully guilty of letting myself get absorbed in a few of those threads. Scott F had to tell me more than a couple of times "don't roll in the mud with pigs, you just end up getting dirty and looking like another pig." Very true words.

Also, it seems like a few years ago there were guys here who were just looking for hot buttons to push. I don't see many of those guys left. The one or two that are still here seem to have mellowed or grown as they have become older....as have I.

I have not noticed any of that since I returned. Everything seems pretty mellow now. Also, even though the user names and members have changed....this is still really just a whole bunch of good guys who will go out of their way to help someone they don't really know.
                          My Sound Clips

Comment

are you living on tulsa time?
                            Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                            Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
                              For some of the newer folks - feel like giving a quick run down of the Tele Project ?
                              Sure.

Back before UGD 2005, someone (I'd have to look up who now, shameful) posted a thread about making a custom Tele for Seymour. The idea really just sort of took off. I sent an e-mail to Warmoth telling them a bit about the project and got an e-mail back from one of the main guys there (I'd have to look up his name too....my memory is bad as I get older). He thought the idea was really cool, and immediately offered to donate a body and neck to the project; which was a really classy move on his part.

From that point on, the thing really took on a life of it's own. I volunteered to be the money handler/accountant for the project, set up a paypal account and everyone sent whatever they could contribute to the project. Tons and tons of guys donated, some just a few bucks and some considerably more.....but what counted was the involvement. I believe Curly set up a website to post who had contributed to the project, so everyone could see who was involved, and to ensure that we had accurately accounted for their donation.

After we got the donation of the body, and after we received a ton of specs from Evan about what Seymoure would expect from a tele, I contacted Dawn at Naked Body Guitars in NY I believe, as I knew her from my research to be an excellent vintage nitro expert, and we wanted the best for Seymours Tele.

After we had the finish arranged, a whole bunch of people volunteered time, materials, gig bags and their time to help track various things, make sure everything was on time, ect. The SD company donated a custom wound set of Tele pickups, wound by MJ. I believe Jeremy did the final assembly and hardware installation. It took a lot of good people to make the project come together, and it really worked out great.

It was presented to Seymour at UGD in Santa Barbara summer of 05'. IIRC, B2D wrote a speech and was elected MC of the ceremony presenting the Tele to Seymour. I think Seymour really got a kick out of the whole thing, and I know he appreciated it. I don't know how much he plays the tele we had made for him, but I hope he twangs it every now and then.

This was obviously the readers digest version. I know I left out a bunch of people and events. The tele thread is really a great read for those of you who weren't here when it happened. It shows what can be done by a bunch of guys who really mean well, and who have a bit of faith and trust in people they have never actually met. For all they knew, I could have obsconded with all of the money, which was close to 2 grand IIRC.

I was just really honored to be a part of it.
                              My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                              X