X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well C : Hey diddle diddle, in the well with guitfiddle

Originally posted by grumptruck View Post
    The usual:

Who is your top 10 favorite forum member's you'd want to have a coffee with... and by coffee I mean coffee?

Are you religious?

Your inspirations? (music, whatever)
    Johnjohn, Ginormous, Jolly, Lucid, Gamera, Jeremy, Gearjonser, Crusty, Sosomething, Gr8Scott.

Not an active church goer, but I have my beliefs in place.

The guys who carry on even if they arent' going to be the one who finishes first, or make the biggest difference in the most lives at once. The ones who just get on with it.

Originally posted by Kam View Post
    What forum brothers gear are you the most jealous of?

What instrument played by a famous musician would you most like to be able to play for an hour?
    SomeDude has a few nice pieces. Low_Fidelity has a Fender Concert amp I'd like to have one of. More or less, I just have learned to get it on with what I have, though.

The Mandocello that Tim O'Brian played at Rockygrass a few years ago. Beautiful.
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Favorite model of guitar? Please explain.

Favorite amp? Also, Explain.
      Originally posted by jmh151
      I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
      Originally posted by jeremy
      like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
      Originally posted by grumptruck
      Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
      Sometimes not read.
      dats hard

Comment

Originally posted by SamusChief View Post
        Favorite model of guitar? Please explain.

Favorite amp? Also, Explain.
        At the moment, Telecasters

They have the right scale length, single cut body, simple controls. That's what I dig.

Right now, my favorite amp is a Music Man HD 150.

150 watts from 4 6L6 tubes, with a ss preamp that actually sounds good. Loud as hell, and can double as a killer bass amp.
        - Tom

Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.

Comment

I'll ask the two questions I like to ask in various wells:

A) What's a band you're embarassed to admit to liking? If you're not embarassed, list a guilty pleasure band.

B) What's a band that you're not embarassed to admit to liking, but their sound is vastly different than the stuff you normally listen to, and explain what it is they do that makes you like them, despite it not being in your normal genre(s).
          Facebook - My facebook page
          Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
            I'll ask the two questions I like to ask in various wells:

A) What's a band you're embarassed to admit to liking? If you're not embarassed, list a guilty pleasure band.

B) What's a band that you're not embarassed to admit to liking, but their sound is vastly different than the stuff you normally listen to, and explain what it is they do that makes you like them, despite it not being in your normal genre(s).
            Alkaline Trio. Something just clicks with me from those guys and their sound.

Afro-Celt Sound System. Anything from rootsy acoustic stuff to dreamy mood pieces, to techno inspired craziness. All of it is tied together by African drummers/instrumentalists/vocalists mixed with Irish instrumentalists/vocalists. Pure win.
            Last edited by guitfiddle; 10-05-2010, 09:02 PM.
            - Tom

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
              Alkaline Trio. Something just clicks with me from those guys and their sound.

Afro-Celt Sound System. Anything from rootsy acoustic stuff to dreamy mood pieces, to techno inspired craziness. All of it is tied together by African drummers/instrumentalists/vocalists mixed with Irish instrumentalists/vocalists. Pure win.

Doooood, I love Alkaline Trio! "Maybe I'll Catch Fire" and "From Here To Infirmary" are modern punk classics, IMO.

I'll have to check the latter band out, I've never heard of them before.
              Facebook - My facebook page
              Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Well (heh) now is the day I pass this unbeleivable exciting well along.

Rush Of Blood is up next.

Peace
                - Tom

Comment

Working...
                X