banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well CX: with 80's Metal.... Melting your face off and making your ears bleed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dali
    replied
    Re: The Well CX: with 80's Metal.... Melting your face off and making your ears bleed

Dude, good to know more about you! I am going to have to listen to some of the YouTube links you posted. I'm a Maiden/MegaDeth fan but I never ventured too far away from them - I'll have to explore on your coat tails - thanks dude!

...and I also make pancakes with love for the family before church on Sundays.

Ok... what gear do own? What is your "go-to" guitar?

Do you like sports?

Favorite musical moment (any)?

Favorite musical moment (your playing)?

If you didn't play guitar you'd....

Are your kids musical?

Does your wife share your love of 80's metal? Music?

Keep it real, my man.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied
    Re: The Well CX: with 80's Metal.... Melting your face off and making your ears bleed

Is there anybody out there?

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Originally posted by JohnJohn
    What's you musical guilty pleasure ?

And do you like these guys ?

Musical guilty pleasures.....hmmmm. not really sure how to answer that. Anything with Jackson guitars or hot chicks is ok with me.

And yes I love the hell out of those guys .....very tongue in cheek but they get it.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
    What's the most recent metal you like?
    For a long while the only new band I liked was killswitch engage. But I don't like their new one much at all. I am loving Amon Amarth tho. Those big viking explorer playin guys can rock.

Leave a comment:

• idsnowdog
    replied

What's the most recent metal you like?

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Originally posted by Jake View Post
    My standard Well question:

1. What's a band you're embarassed to admit to liking?

2. What's a band that you're not embarassed to admit to liking, but they fall in a completely different category than the stuff you normally listen to.

It either case, explain what they do that makes you like them, despite not being in the normal genre(s) you like.
    1. Ace of base. I love the girls voice and the simple rhythms...it makes me wanna shake my butt. And believe me when I tell you I can NOT dance!

2. ABBA who doesn't like abba ....seriously. they have mad talent and cover so many styles.

Great questions bro. I was gonna answer Neil young haha.

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied

My standard Well question:

1. What's a band you're embarassed to admit to liking?

2. What's a band that you're not embarassed to admit to liking, but they fall in a completely different category than the stuff you normally listen to.

It either case, explain what they do that makes you like them, despite not being in the normal genre(s) you like.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Kreator

Hallows Eve

Candlemass

Slayer w/Machine head doing a song by Venom
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-22-2010, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

BANDS YOU may or may not know.

Flotsam and Jetsam

Helloween

Obituary

Omen

Nasty Savage

Possessed

Helix

Madam X (yes a girl drummer and a girl guitarist)
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-22-2010, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Vids for today:
    BANDS YOU PROBABLY KNOW:

Dio

Ozzy

Metallica (back when they were cool)

Exodus

Mercyful Fate

Armored Saint

Lizzy Borden
    Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-22-2010, 11:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Over the fence, I drop em way down. Its important to everyone.

The only time I am thru the gate is if I am hunting in extreme freezing and have my carhart thermal bibs on....

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Boxer briefs.....the ones with the long legs, not whitey-tighties......
    because it wouldn't be polite of me to just let the junk hang on out everywhere now would it? Boxers might catch my junk on fire when I walk!

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Woof . . . that's a little on the heavy side for my tastes. :P No love for 80s hair metal?
    Oh I have love for some of the hair metal bands, Lots!
    They looked so cool and so heavy back then, but they don't look so cool nor sound very heavy these days....

Dokken, Stryper, Motley Crue, Skid Row, WASP (even Pantera did some big hair back before they grew nuts.) Loved a lot of that stuff! I still warm up to a bunch of Motley Crue Shout at the Devil stuff when I am tearing it up in the garage.

Absolutely No love for the spandex scene though.... thats just gay... unless Steel Panther does it, then its tongue-in-cheek hilarious!

As far as those high squealing sissy big hair kind of bands in make-up and whatnot.... I really hated them, Poison, firehouse, Warrant, Slaughter, I would have lined them up and shot them in the 80's.
    They were getting lumped in with the good bands who had big hair and that sucks for 80's metal......... They ruined it for everyone.
    When I was in 8th grade I bought a poison album from a kid just so I could burn it.... and that felt good.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied

Woof . . . that's a little on the heavy side for my tastes. :P No love for 80s hair metal?

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

While you guys ponder new questions, I wil lpost up a few vids of bands that I think "Get it"

1. Sepultura

2. Venom

3. Metal Church

4. Hellhammer

5. Slayer

6. W.A.S.P.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X