X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dali
    replied
    Re: The Well CXIII: The Dali is en la casa

If you could have one each of any guitar/amp/pedal and these three would be all you'd have for the rest of your life, which three?

Hmmm... I'd have to say that if I could only have one guitar it would have to be a Fender Deluxe SSH Stratocaster upgraded with CS 69s and a Pearly Gates in the bridge. This would give me the most flexibility (single coils, humbucker, tremolo). Probably go with Sienna Burst and maple neck.

As for the amp... I don't have too much experience with amps, but I'd probably go with a Marshall Super Lead 100.

As for the pedal, given that I can only have one, I'll probably go with a Line6 XT Live to cover all the bases.

Kind of a boring answer - sorry - I'll try better with the next question.

Leave a comment:

• The Dali
    replied

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
    Would you kill a snitch?
    RATS AND SNITCHES

Rats and snitches are everywhere,
    They blend so well we don't notice them there.
    There's a fungus among us, they're all around
    Wherever there's crime they're sure to be found.
    Yeah, they're right in the middle runnin' the show,
    How else would they learn the things they know?

They're usually the least ones you'd ever suspect,
    'Cause they've been to the joint & shoot dope in their neck.
    They probably supply half the town with drugs,
    As they record every deal with their wireless bugs.

They're shadier than anyone that you'll ever meet,
    And more scandalist than the best crook on the street.
    Yeah, rats and snitches are a dime a dozen,
    Who knows, one could even be your own cousin.
    Rats and snitches are cheese eatin' *****es,
    They should have their eyes taped shut
    and their mouths in *titches.
    They should all be completely *iped out of existence,

But now a days they've gained a social accptance.
    It's so hard to believe how things are today,
    And it is so much indeed to my own dismay;
    For what once was considered a disgusting disgrace,
    Has become its own breed in the human race.

They program our kids from their first day in school,
    No matter how much we teach 'em that tellin' aint cool.
    So, by the time that they're five yrs. old and on,
    They're told to rat on their dad & snitch on their mom.
    Yeah, this country promotes it and gives it protection,
    Then puts it back on the streets to spread it's infection.

Oh, and the Feds really love the rats that do drugs,
    With a real smooth quickness they'll hook 'em right up.
    'Cause the cops always have the best **** in town,
    So, they'll just give 'em their fix then follow them around.
    Hell, in this day and time it's the new way to be,

'Cause you can still do crime...
    'Give up three and go free'.
    Well, I say: "*ill 'em all and send them to *ELL"
    And if anyone asks...
    I'LL NEVER TELL!!

Leave a comment:

• The Dali
    replied

Top 5 beers in the summer?

Great question! Always love to chat about beer. I'm not a wine person by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think I've become sick from drinking beer more than I've had actual glasses of wine.

In any event,

#1, Guinness - simply the best beer in the world
    #2, Ten Penny Ale - local brew here in Central Connecticut; similar to a dark Sam Adams
    #3, Newcastle - tastes similar to Ten Penny
    #4, Corona or Corona Derivatives - not great beer, but so nice during a hot day
    #5, Blue Moon/Shocktop - wheat beers are nice in the summer

Top 5 beers in the winter?

#1, Guinness - simply the best beer in the world
    #2, Yuengling Black and Tan - nice brew I picked up a taste for during my days in Penn
    #3, Sam Adams Winter
    #4, Ten Penny Ale
    #5, Grolsch

Is your new Les paul sitting in your lap as you reply to these inquiries?
    Not on my lap, but I did bring it into the office today and it is sitting on the floor (in it's case) as I type! I have a few friends here in the office who are also guitar players, so I've been putting on a demo every 45 minutes or so... good times!!

Leave a comment:

• misterwhizzy
    replied

De Niro or Pacino?

Alice in Chains or Corrosion of Conformity?

Coke or Pepsi?

Leave a comment:

• Kam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bones
    replied

Originally posted by The Dali View Post

Steve, What the ****?!?!
    lol...

Leave a comment:

• The Dali
    replied

You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

Steve, you're a weird dude for a guy that looks pretty normal.

So, how long do we run out of food? Are we so inept that none of us can find food? Are these mountains so high that it is freezing weather? Do we have water?

As a recent graduate of the University of "Lost", clearly we need to find fresh water first. Given how things played out, we need to make sure that no-one eats Hurley (even though he would be the most likely candidate to be eaten) because he'll need to run the mountains when we all leave.

Given that we are in a remote part of the world, likely in poor weather conditions, I think I'd try to wait until someone dies and then eat them.

But, I did just read "Unbroken" and those two dudes lasted like 40 days in the middle of the ocean with no water or food, so I think it would take a least 20 days before I resorted to eating a person.

Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

You guys don't know anyone on my street so you'd have no idea who I was talking about. Plus, I run a kick-ass garden on my property so I think we'd be ok.

You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

Steve, What the ****?!?!

Seriously, if I work at a busy restaurant wouldn't it be easier (and less likely for me to end up in Hell) to just steal some food from the meat locker than to hack up my best waitress? This scenario is so far-fetched. Geez, it's not a plausible scenario like being lost in the mountains after a plane crash, or finding myself trapped in my neighborhood.

Leave a comment:

• Dirtbagg
    replied

Donuts or Bagels?

Have you ever been to Star's Hollow?

Leave a comment:

• The Dali
    replied

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
    i dont think that phrase means what you think it means
    Ah... ok... well, I guess I didn't get that meaning from it... ok... let me think on that one.

Leave a comment:

• bluesbend
    replied

If you could have one each of any guitar/amp/pedal and these three would be all you'd have for the rest of your life, which three?

Leave a comment:

• bluesbend
    replied

Originally posted by tone4days View Post

Maybe he knows exactly what it means.

Leave a comment:

• tone4days
    replied

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
    If you have to cross swords with one man, who would it be?
    If he were real I'd start with Anakin Skywalker. I mean, let's face it - he ordered the total obliteration of an entire planet! But, then again, he's not real so I'll say any Yankee fan.

Leave a comment:

• woemoejack
    replied

Top 5 beers in the summer?

Top 5 beers in the winter?

Is your new Les paul sitting in your lap as you reply to these inquiries?

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied

You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

Leave a comment:

• The Dali
    replied

What was that one "choir of angels" moment when you knew you were going to play guitar?

Thanks for the question. Like many children of the early 1980s, I fell in love with the guitar after listening to 1984 by Van Halen. Before that album, I was a Huey Lewis and the News kinda kid. I became obsessed with Van Halen, and then they dumped DLR and picked up Sammy. Well, I really do think that I am in the group of people who got on the VH bandwagon just as DLR was being dumped so I wasn't really attached to him like those from the late 70s. When Sammy came on board I loved him and, in fact, probably view the two "bands" as equals.

Any how... during the 80s, after VH, I started getting into rock and metal and listening to the back-catalogue of bands like Aerosmith, Zep, Iron Maiden, Metallica... (remember, I was 12 in 1984). I became a very competent air-guitarist and was very happy rocking out without an actual instrument.

Many of you may agree with this statement: growing up in the late 70s/early 80s you didn't get all this "you can do anything you want" positive reinforcement that kids get today. Back then, I truly thought that if I had not been singled out by the advanced math and science teacher as an "exceptional" student yet, then I would never be something like a doctor or professor. Similiarly, if you didn't play an instrument by the age of 11 I just figured that you didn't have the "innate talent" to play a musicial instrument. Since I was never singled out for great math aptitude or musical ability, I never pursued those avenues.

I carried that thought process with me for years - years!!! I was good at many things, but I never thought I could play an instrument. I just didn't have "it" - the God-given talent. When I turned 30 I decided to try to learn to play guitar because I freaking love it (or so I thought) and my wife encouraged me to give it a shot. So, she bought me a beginner acoustic and I took some lessons.

Long story not quite so long... I found out that having some innate musical talent can really be useful!!! And I don't have it!! But, I did find out that you can learn to play an instrument with practice and dedication. What's more, as many of you probably know, I because very proificient in refinishing, building, fixing, and generally messing around with guitars and electronics. While I am a passable guitar player, I am very good at building and fixing guitars.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X