banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Esta es la Well CXXII: Diego - Digging my way up like The 33!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUNOSLASH
    replied
    Re: Esta es la Well CXXII: Diego - Digging my way up like The 33!

¿Cuándo me vas a invitar a tu nuevo depa?

Leave a comment:

• Grenade
    replied

Cheers Diego! Have you been to the states? Are you in a band? How many guitars do you have?

Leave a comment:

• daan
    replied

What's it like buying guitars and stuff where you are? I'm assuming the internet helps a lot... We all sit around complaining about Guitar Center, but I'm guessing there isn't a "Guitar Barn" with 654264326 guitars hanging around where you are...

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
    What do you do for a living? Is this the same as you studied for, or did life take a diversion? If you weren't doing what you do now, what would you like to be doing?
    I studied journalism and now I'm an IT analyst. Doesn't pay marvellously well but it's a solid job and it's paying for lots of good things.
    Life definitely took a weird path but it's all good.
    I'd definitely love to be doing something related to guitar products, or guitars. Or motorcycles! All my favorite hobbies and I'll find a way to blend all of these together.

Originally posted by DarkMatter View Post
    Why don't you like Santana?
    For the same reason I don't like Yanni or Kenny G. Some of his early stuff is badass, but the stuff he's done in the last 15 years makes me cringe.
    Way too predictable and tame.

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
    If you could snap your fingers and master another art form what would it be (different instrument, visual art, etc)
    Wow, never thought about a fully different art. I'd really love to be a good drummer but even more so, a good singer!
    There's no other art rather than music that truly excites me. Architecture, painting, dance, movies... not my thing.
    So I'd make my way up to design cars and motorcycles.

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
    Why did you abandon Justin Bieber?

Is it true that he's really Miley Cyrus with makeup?
    He wouldn't stop making silly questions.

Leave a comment:

• LesStrat
    replied

Why did you abandon Justin Bieber?

Is it true that he's really Miley Cyrus with makeup?

Leave a comment:

• dd12939
    replied

If you could snap your fingers and master another art form what would it be (different instrument, visual art, etc)

Leave a comment:

• DarkMatter
    replied

Why don't you like Santana?

Leave a comment:

• Chris of Arabia
    replied

What do you do for a living? Is this the same as you studied for, or did life take a diversion? If you weren't doing what you do now, what would you like to be doing?

Leave a comment:

• Great_Kazoo
    replied

What the history of your musical background? Lessons, self-taught, etc.? Do you play any other instruments in addition to the guitar?

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
    Why is your English so good?
    I honestly don't know. I picked English up since I was very young (due to HBO and ESPN mostly) and by the time I was 12 I was already speaking very fluently.
    That doesn't translate into ease with other languagues though...
    I definitely write a bit better than how I speak. Just ask Jolly.

Originally posted by Great_Kazoo View Post
    And are there other languages you speak/write/read?
    I read a bit of Portuguese and write/speak absolutely none of it. I'm starting to learn some German now.
    I'd love to learn Japanese and become fluent in Italian as well.
    Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
    My dad used to spend a lot of time at the copper mines around Calama. Have you ever been up there? I remember the pictures of the landscape were eerily desolate.
    Yup. I've been up there and it's some of the dullest drives you can imagine. Some of the towns aren't doing so well; they haven't reinvented themselves after certain mining businesses went down, like saltpeter (sp?).
    They're a bit doomed as well since Chile has such an "unefficient" geographic structure; everything is far away from everything else so all the extremely remote regions (like Calama) have it a bit hard. You get the feel they're on their own.

Leave a comment:

• dd12939
    replied

My dad used to spend a lot of time at the copper mines around Calama. Have you ever been up there? I remember the pictures of the landscape were eerily desolate.

Leave a comment:

• Great_Kazoo
    replied

And are there other languages you speak/write/read?

Leave a comment:

• Evan Skopp
    replied

Why is your English so good?

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

Originally posted by Funkfingers View Post
    If you were empowered to grant Aceman new Gloss/glaze, what would you give him?
    Mojo's Minions.
    Just to see him freak out.

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
    So speaking of the title of your Well thread, what was it like in Chile during the mining accident? It was big news here in the States. Was it insane in Santiago? Are any of the 33 currently celebrities? How has that incident changed Chile?
    It was absolutely huge. Insane non-stop broadcasting 7/24. In fact I was playing a gig in the south, and returning in a bus with my bandmates when somebody in the bus yelled "THE MINERS ARE ALIVE! THEY'RE ALIVE!"; everyone started clapping and smiling and stuff.
    One of the 33 attempted to become a bit of a celebrity, another married a German girl who looked for him over Facebook, some of them became alcoholics, some are dealing with depression. But none's a stable celebrity or anything nowadays. What changed? Not much, really.

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
    You have missed little - Chavez did a right old number on it too. I last visited before he took over, and it wasn't good then either. It's where my B-I-L died in August. But anyway...

Tell us where you would like to travel in the world, and what you'd like to see

You are given 48 hours to visit any period of history; where would that be, who would you like to meet, and what would you like to do whilst there?
    My dream goal is to visit Japan. I like the idea that, as Anthony Bourdain said about Tokyo, "For those with restless, curious minds, fascinated by layer upon layer of things, flavors, tastes and customs, which we will never fully be able to understand, Tokyo is deliciously unknowable. I’m sure I could spend the rest of my life there, learn the language, and still die happily ignorant."

I would like to get to know the food, understand a bit the culture which is so different to us, and to travel to places like Kioto.
    It's the dream travel destination for me and I'm sure I'll do it in a few years from now.

Jesus, your second question is so difficult. God. I think I'd go back to the 15th century and I'd remain here, in South America. Just to get to see how everything was before being colonized. We've changed the landscapes so much.
    But there's so many right answers to your question.

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
    have you sailed around cape horn
    Nope, and I wish I did that. I've never been to the far-south of my own country and a month ago I met two girls from freakin' Lituania who've already been there. I felt stupid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X