banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Esta es la Well CXXII: Diego - Digging my way up like The 33!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diego
    replied
    Re: Esta es la Well CXXII: Diego - Digging my way up like The 33!

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
    What are your thoughts on classical music? Do you have a favorite piece or composer?

Do you have a favorite pair of socks?

Seymour and MJ are coming over for dinner. What do you cook?
    I listen to classical a lot less than I should. Don't we all say that?
    My favorites are Chopin, Vivaldi and Beethoven. Mozart I've never dug much into and Bach just isn't for me.
    Favorite pair of socks? All of those who are blue, black or white and with no patterns for Christ's sake. Can't stand goofy patterns in socks.

What would I cook for MJ and Seymour? Definitely a Chilean food, like some nice Empanadas, or maybe Porotos con riendas (stewn beans with spaghetti, pork sausage and spices).
    Not exactly hypocaloric, but awesome.

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
    Hey Diego!

What's your all-time favorite movie, and what do you love about it?

What album have you played more than any other album, regardless of whether it's your favorite? Why do you think it's your most played album?

How important is raising children to you?

Who's (whose?) comedy do you relate to or appreciate the most?

What is the band / artist that you've loved forever but nobody knows about, and you want to shout from the rooftops, "LISTEN TO THIS!"?
    Hey I6!!
    Not much of a movie guy, but my favorite movie is a toss-up between Pulp Fiction and Revolver. I'll spare you the Pulp Fiction love and go to Revolver which is not that well known; it's a extremely complex movie which got awful reviews everywhere; to me, it just makes you think and help you build a stronger version of yourself.
    It sounds strange, but that's how I take it.

My most played album is Metallica's Master of Puppets. Just because I love it and discovered it when I was 12 so it has a timing advantage. But I rarely listen to it anymore.
    Nowadays my favorite album are Dogman by King's X, Scenes by Marty Friedman, and the almightly Toxicity by System of a Down.

I really like the idea of becoming a dad someday. However, it's a bit hard to rationalize about it because Chile is quite a ****ed-up country for being young nowadays.
    Salaries are poor, job opportunities are slim, blah blah. But it's definitely important for me, it's not a secondary thing at all.

I like some latin comediants, but I relate the most with political American comedy. I love how brutally stingy it can be and you don't find that anywhere else IMO. Love George Carlin, Bill Maher, Bill Hicks and the great, late Patrice O'Neal who wasn't exactly political but was just as awesome.

King's X!!! Nobody grooves and crushes like them at the same time. All their albums and particularly Dogman should be mandatory listen for anyone into Hard Rock, simple as that.

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
    Compared to other places where you've eaten it, how is the chili in Chile?
    Mild. Chile isn't exactly a pepper-crazy country like México or others. Our foods in fact are very mildly spiced and very tourist-friendly as a consequence.

Leave a comment:

• Funkfingers
    Guest replied

If you were empowered to grant Aceman new Gloss/glaze, what would you give him?

Leave a comment:

• Evan Skopp
    replied

So speaking of the title of your Well thread, what was it like in Chile during the mining accident? It was big news here in the States. Was it insane in Santiago? Are any of the 33 currently celebrities? How has that incident changed Chile?

Leave a comment:

• newking70
    replied

have you sailed around cape horn

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus1140
    replied

Compared to other places where you've eaten it, how is the chili in Chile?

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalSix
    replied

Hey Diego!

What's your all-time favorite movie, and what do you love about it?

What album have you played more than any other album, regardless of whether it's your favorite? Why do you think it's your most played album?

How important is raising children to you?

Who's (whose?) comedy do you relate to or appreciate the most?

What is the band / artist that you've loved forever but nobody knows about, and you want to shout from the rooftops, "LISTEN TO THIS!"?

Leave a comment:

• dd12939
    replied

What are your thoughts on classical music? Do you have a favorite piece or composer?

Do you have a favorite pair of socks?

Seymour and MJ are coming over for dinner. What do you cook?

Leave a comment:

• Evan Skopp
    replied

Originally posted by Diego View Post
    No clue! Who's he/she? I'm jealous, I'd love to work at Seymour Duncan but I think my competences are somewhere else.
    Who knows, eh?
    She was the art director.

Leave a comment:

• Chris of Arabia
    replied

Originally posted by Diego View Post
    Venezuela: Never been there.
    You have missed little - Chavez did a right old number on it too. I last visited before he took over, and it wasn't good then either. It's where my B-I-L died in August. But anyway...

Tell us where you would like to travel in the world, and what you'd like to see

You are given 48 hours to visit any period of history; where would that be, who would you like to meet, and what would you like to do whilst there?

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

Originally posted by EDX View Post
    que tipo de cerveza prefieres, rubia, oscura, roja?
    tomar (cerveza) afecta el tono?
    I like all sorts of beers! Too bad every single pub in Chile is now shoving their homemade stuff up your face, and most of it tastes like Lidocaine.
    I'll take beers from well-experienced breweries, and not from guys who read 10 minutes ago how to make beer at home in a blog and want to charge me for it like it's a Belgian Ale, thanks a lot.

Beers don't affect tone, but they affect flatulence quite a bit and that's even better, isn't it?
    Last edited by Diego; 01-06-2015, 05:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
    Why are you the same age as me?
    Intervals of time and space. I certainly don't look as aged as that guitar.
    Why does it have more frets than my age?

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

Originally posted by CTN View Post
    que paso amigo?
    Ni idea.

donde esta tu biblioteca?
    Anywhere as long as I've got a guitar to show it!

Mi casa es su casa?
    Sin duda, señor. Y al revés, también!

Robaste mi cerveza? Cabron!!
    Es posible...

Sólo bromeando. Eres una buena persona. ¡Salud !
    ¡Salud hermano!

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Tell me the thing you love most and the thing you hate the most about these South American countries.
    I always want to hear the perspective of the ones who live down there.

Brasil
    Venezuela
    Colombia
    Peru
    Bolivia
    Argentina
    Brazil:
    Good? Great food, amazing place to visit, girls have fun with no shame about it.
    Bad? The heat, a bit dangerous at times, and man are Brazilians loud or what? If a brazilian's a mile around you, you'll know.

Venezuela: Never been there.

Colombia: Never been there.

Peru:
    Good? Incredible food, inexpensive traveling/lodging.
    Bad? Anti-Chilean attitude.

Bolivia: Never been there.

Argentina:
    Good? Good meat, everywhere. You'll have a hard time finding better beef anywhere in South America.
    Argentinian women are stunning. Argentinians have a great sense of their culture, they're proud of it and it shows.
    Jaw-dropping landscapes in the south. Great attitude towards tourists if far-away from Buenos Aires.
    Bad? Chauvinism. Plenty of it.

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
    Did you know, for several years, we had an employee at Seymour Duncan who is originally from Santiago?
    No clue! Who's he/she? I'm jealous, I'd love to work at Seymour Duncan but I think my competences are somewhere else.
    Who knows, eh?

Leave a comment:

• EDX
    replied

que tipo de cerveza prefieres, rubia, oscura, roja?
    tomar (cerveza) afecta el tono?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X