Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

    Let's do this thing!
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

  • #2
    Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

    I think I recall you talking about some of the jobs you've had like bouncer, prison guard, and ambulance driver (correct me if I'm mistaken).

    Tell us a few of the most memorable or exciting things that happened on those jobs.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

      Sure thing. My first job straight out of high school was as a correctional officer for TDCJ. I never ran in to much there, since they do a pretty good job of keeping things in order (for the most part). I would say one of the most memorable things to have happened when I worked for TDCJ was seeing a guy come in on drug charges, get involved in a program, get his GED, learn a skill, and years later start a family and have a stable job. He was one of the success stories of prison, as few as there are.

      Bouncer, there really wasn't much. I worked at a few no-name bars and strip clubs, with nothing worth noting than what would be expected.

      In EMS, I was more than an ambulance driver, and became an EMT-I. I still have my National Registry certification, although I allowed my state license to lapse due to non-use. I think the most memorable thing was when I went back to work for the medical department in the prison system. After I had dropped a patient off, he coded. This was a man who was a complete vegetable, with very little cognitive activity that anyone was aware of. Anyway, once he coded, he was out of the bed and trying to climb the wall. Screaming the entire time "Don't let them take me! Don't let them get me!" I found out later that day that he was serving life for killing his stepson with a baseball bat the day he retired, and it came to light while he was incarcerated that he had molested several children, including his stepson (which was the reason for the murder). His family wanted nothing to do with him, but his retirement fund was still deposited into his prison account. He passed with over a million dollars on the books.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

        Hey I met up with you in 2009 and am now living in Fort Worth! I see you moved from DFW, why? why did you stop working on guitars and playing guitar?
        FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/ronmusician

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

          Originally posted by everdrone View Post
          Hey I met up with you in 2009 and am now living in Fort Worth! I see you moved from DFW, why? why did you stop working on guitars and playing guitar?
          I never "stopped" working on guitars, I just came to realize that I wouldn't be able to continue that career path and support a family by doing it. It's not that money can't be had, it certainly can, but I didn't have the resources in order to make it happen in such a competitive market. The reason we left DFW is the music chain I was working for had it's doors closed due to mismanagement. I blew my knee out and we hung around in the Houston area for awhile with family while I recovered. It's in the five year plan to head back to DFW. I have some contracts to complete, and some clients to give confidence to, but once that happens, it's on like donkey kong.
          This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

            cool
            FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/ronmusician

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

              If you had the opportunity redo any one thing from your past, what would you choose?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

                Originally posted by Lampy H View Post
                If you had the opportunity redo any one thing from your past, what would you choose?
                Oh man. In July, my fathers passed due to pancreatic cancer. We had been estranged for years and years, at one point I believed him to be dead. A few months before his passing, I had been putting in effort to reconcile with him. He has two granddaughters that he never had the opportunity to meet, and he hadn't had the chance to see my two sons for 3 years. Anywho, I had tried to call him twice the day before he passed, but he never answered the phone. I remember being pretty upset at the moment, but in hindsight, he probably didn't have the ability to do anything.

                So, if I had to redo any one thing, it would be to put the effort into reconciling with my sick father before he left this earth. I'm not saying I would have been successful, but the worst feeling in the world is failing and knowing that I should and could have tried harder.
                This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

                  Originally posted by beandip View Post
                  Oh man. In July, my fathers passed due to pancreatic cancer. We had been estranged for years and years, at one point I believed him to be dead. A few months before his passing, I had been putting in effort to reconcile with him. He has two granddaughters that he never had the opportunity to meet, and he hadn't had the chance to see my two sons for 3 years. Anywho, I had tried to call him twice the day before he passed, but he never answered the phone. I remember being pretty upset at the moment, but in hindsight, he probably didn't have the ability to do anything.

                  So, if I had to redo any one thing, it would be to put the effort into reconciling with my sick father before he left this earth. I'm not saying I would have been successful, but the worst feeling in the world is failing and knowing that I should and could have tried harder.
                  That's pretty heavy. But it's also an important lesson, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

                    Welcome back. What's the best/happiest thing in your life right now?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

                      Originally posted by playas View Post
                      Welcome back. What's the best/happiest thing in your life right now?
                      Well, running the risk of hurting 3 of my kids feelings, when I come home from work, my eldest daught (2 1/2 years old) immediate runs up to me and yells "Dad, you home! C'mon! Come wif me!" and plops down in my lap on the couch for me to hold her.
                      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

                        Who is your favorite band now? I remember you used to be into those Los Lonely Dudes, or whatever they were named.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

                          Hard to say. I'm definitely still a big fan of anything that's been heavily influenced by Stevie Ray Vaughan like those guys were, but I don't listen to them much anymore. Lately I've been on a big Foo Fighters kick. I've got their whole discography, plus featured songs from Lost Highway on Spotify, and somehow, it always fits the mood.
                          This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

                            when you were single, did you like big women?
                            Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                            Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

                              LOL! Yes...
                              This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X