• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GilmourD
    replied
    Re: The Well CXXV: Beandip 2.0

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
    I pride myself on never ever having read one Well thread ever. Party on Garth.
    I only read this one because you posted in it.

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

I pride myself on never ever having read one Well thread ever. Party on Garth.

Leave a comment:

• daan
    replied

If you had the space/opportunity to have a 6-foot pile-0-guitars, would you? Or do you have just 1-2 you would stick with? (Amps OR guitars) Or would you have one axe and 15 amps or vice-versa?

Leave a comment:

• beandip
    replied

Originally posted by daan View Post
    What's winter like down there? It's been in the 40's this whole week, instead of half that (and snow everywhere) Has the weather been all screwy by you too?
    Is there a good radio station by you, or do you have to use an Ipod/streaming net radio to hear what you like? We have one decent station here (from MN actually) otherwise it's just the farm report or static...
    Do you have a "music room" type area to play in, or do you just play wherever in your place you happen to be? (My stuff is just in a corner of my unfinished basement)
    Weather is usually pretty stable here in the winter. 40's and lower up through Feb, when it starts to climb back up. This year, it's been pretty screwy. It got super cold, then yesterday it was 80*, and now it's 50* and raining cats and dogs. I heard it was going to be an unusually wet winter, and so far, that's proven to be true.

I typically don't listen to radio. Here in Houston, we used to have Rock 101 KLOL, but Clear Channel came in and now it's a top 40. Thankfully, my work truck (the only vehicle I drive) has a bluetooth system and a Spotify subscription. It makes life easier.

When my wife and I were early in our marriage and had only one kid, yeah, I had my own space. We had a three bedroom apartment and one was *my* room. But, these days, with four kids and two guitars, my music equipment has been regulated to a little corner of my bedroom, to come out only when being played.

Leave a comment:

• beandip
    replied

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
    You have the entire worlds attention via TV for 3 minutes. You can say whatever you want to the entire world.
    What is it that you want to say?

Next most important question...
    Metallica or Megadeth?
    Three minutes? What I would like to say isn't within the accepted frame of the Forum, but it would consist of several quotes from Saint John Paul II, hopefully for the betterment of the world.

Second question: Metallica. I'm a big fan of catchy, hook songs. I want something that I can listen to over and over again without getting tired of it, and often times, I'm listening to music while simultaneously performing another task, so I really have no desire to focus on nuances. Plus, I like Hetfield's voice better.

Leave a comment:

• daan
    replied

What's winter like down there? It's been in the 40's this whole week, instead of half that (and snow everywhere) Has the weather been all screwy by you too?
    Is there a good radio station by you, or do you have to use an Ipod/streaming net radio to hear what you like? We have one decent station here (from MN actually) otherwise it's just the farm report or static...
    Do you have a "music room" type area to play in, or do you just play wherever in your place you happen to be? (My stuff is just in a corner of my unfinished basement)

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied

You have the entire worlds attention via TV for 3 minutes. You can say whatever you want to the entire world.
    What is it that you want to say?

Next most important question...
    Metallica or Megadeth?

Leave a comment:

• Lampy H
    replied

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Leave a comment:

• Funkfingers
    Guest replied

Originally posted by beandip View Post
    I'm alive.
    I was not referring to you.

Leave a comment:

• beandip
    replied

I'm alive. I just need someone to feed me. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Funkfingers
    Guest replied

Nurse! Fetch the defibrillator.

The Well appears to have dried up again.

Leave a comment:

• Lampy H
    replied

That's cool. You have it more figured out than most other people, it seems.

Leave a comment:

• beandip
    replied

That's an incredibly difficult question to answer. These days, I have no rig. There is nothing to modify to achieve a certain goal, so I'm literally starting from nothing. However, I've learned some good lessons from my years tone chasing (I started when I was 12-13), and then this hiatus from playing: There's no reason that I need to have it all.

For years, I was chasing the guitar and rig that could do absolutely everything and do it well. I wanted dirty blues to the brown sound to metal to punk to everything in between, and I wanted it to be high caliber. Don't need it anymore.

These days, I'd be perfectly content with a solid body electric of varying styles, with a thick neck and good frets, and an amp that doesn't sound half bad (I remember being quite smitten with the little mini Vox amps several years ago).

Leave a comment:

• Lampy H
    replied

What's your dream rig?

Leave a comment:

• beandip
    replied

Hands down the best thing that Texas has that Florida doesn't is the food. My wife and I used to reminisce about the food all the time. When we got back, we went on a two week binge of tacos, brisket, kolaches, klobasnek, and everything else. Now, to give credit where credit is due, Florida has some bangin' Latin American food. I married a Puerto Rican, so at least I've got that. But the real Cuban, Colombian, and Dominican food was of the chart. I would also add that Texas seems to have a kind demeanor, while where we were at in Florida, was very much a "Little New York". No one held doors for each other, everyone avoided eye contact and making small talk in the grocery line. Hell, I had a lady call corporate and complain saying that I might as well have called her a raging *****. Turns out, it's because I kept saying "ma'am".

Some of the things that Florida has that Texas doesn't, obviously are the beaches. We were only a few miles from Siesta Key Beach, which was constantly rated as the best beach in the US. Sure, Texas has Galveston and South Padre Island, but they simply can't compare. Also (ironically enough), where we were at, there was a very healthy competition between service providers, which worked in favor of the consumer. Here, it seems to be a localized monopoly (We have to have ATT for internet and cable, we have to have WCA for trash, we have to have Monarch for water. There are no options). I would also like to mention the inhibition to wear bathing suits everywhere. This often brightens one's day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X