Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heller!

Hello one and all,
    Glad to be here. I've been lurking the past couple weeks trying to get my old account straightened out but it was to no avail. I had created an account ages ago, got busy and never had time to look around on the board. Every time I tried logging in something was messed up and it wouldn't even let me look at any forums!!

I've been getting my jam on since I was a 13 year old kid in awe of Ace Frehley, then went from that to Randy Rhoads, RUSH, Hendrix and Van Halen all in my freshman year in high school!

This is a cool forum, be seeing you in the posts folks.

O. Shredman

Welcome (back) to the forum!

I am happy you are able to log in now- sometimes the forum software gets a little weird, but now you should be OK.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks Mincer, had to get a new email account etc to get here.
      Kept saying something along the lines of "Sorry, you do not have permission to view this page" no matter what it was I was trying to look at!!
      Sent a couple messages to the webmaster (?) but never heard anything back.

Comment

Yeah, those kinds of things are generally easy for me to sort out. I am trying to get an email on the forum that goes directly to me or one of the other mods. That would make things easier.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Welcome aboard/back oldman_shredfart!

Comment

Now you young whipper snappers git off mah lawn!!!

Comment

Back in my day we didn't have them fancy clean boost whatchamacallits for leads.
              Didn't have electricity neither, had a generator hooked up to a bicycle.
              If you wanted your amp to work you better pedal!!!
              Need a lead boost?
              Pedal faster!!!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	oldman.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	6078591
              You youngin's don't even know that's where the term "Guitar Pedal" came from!

Comment

Love the name.

Comment

Greetings Earthling!
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Hello man! And welcome to - what I think has to be- the greatest online musical forum in the universe!

My name is Erlend, I am a native north-norwegian music lover & multi-instrumentalist, composer;
                    first became a member here at the age of 12, in 2002. .

Hope you will stay and be a part of our community.

\m/ rock on! ♪
                    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Thanks Ace, Erland_G and everyone else.

This looks like a great place as a matter of fact!

Quite a few years back now I was a member over at Plexi Palace and met some great people. Things started getting a little ugly over there so I left but have always missed the camaraderie.

I'm a kid who grew up being a KISS fanatic in middle school until Peter and Ace left. Then in 8th grade a guy said "If you like guitar you should listen to a band called Van Halen." So I went from listening to Love Gun and Destroyer to trying to wrap my head around Women and Children First! (that took a while).

Then 9th grade all kinds of influences came flooding in: Hendrix, UFO, RUSH, Frank Marino, Sabbath, Randy Rhodes, Iron Maiden, AC/DC. What a great time to be a young learning guitar player! I went on to be huge into RUSH, spent a good part of high school figuring out how to play 2112 overture note for note with the record like I'm betting alot of us did.

I started playing in bands and that's still happening on some levels. Decided I wanted to make a living in the music business so there I went: kid growing up listening to everything from Cold Gin to YES getting student loans and a couple degrees in Classical Guitar!

Between picking up intro level community college music appreciation classes at 4 different schools, teaching guitar students 5 days a week at a music store and playing in clubs on the weekends I somehow managed to make a living in music for 14 yrs.

Then the work dried up (political stuff in the State Capitol from the Teachers Union) and having a job with medical benefits kinda became a necessity and I've got 2 titanium shouldets to prove it lol.

So there's a quick synopsis of me guys.

VERY happy to be here!

Comment

The SDUGF has always been a classy place. Back "in the days" we were a close-knit family of sorts; (everybody knew eachother- even went for long trips to meet up.)
                        -and we still are. With members coming and going - of course.

I grew up with listening to 80's metal myself. Also, Jean Michel Jarre, Mike Oldfield-
                        even studied jazz bass-guitar at a great music school for a year.

These days I'm working with my fourth and newly started band project, with an older singer/songwriter.

Not to hijack your thread, but ; hello, this is me .

Hope you stick around.

-E ♪
                        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Where are you from, Bro? Sorry if you wrote it for us.

The US?

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                            The SDUGF has always been a classy place. Back "in the days" we were a close-knit family of sorts; (everybody knew eachother- even went for long trips to meet up.)
                            -and we still are. With members coming and going - of course.

I grew up with listening to 80's metal myself. Also, Jean Michel Jarre, Mike Oldfield-
                            even studied jazz bass-guitar at a great music school for a year.

These days I'm working with my fourth and newly started band project, with an older singer/songwriter.

Not to hijack your thread, but ; hello, this is me .

Hope you stick around.

-E ♪
                            Very cool.
                            I did enough jazz while at school to figure out if I quit everything else and devoted myself entirely to it I could be on the lower side of mediocre!!
                            Really like what Mike Stern does and it's hard not to like Wes Montgomery.

I do have a really good feeling about this place, and those kind of intuitional awarenesses or whatever you want to call it are always spot on!!

I am based in the states, Owensboro Kentucky of all places and it's my hometown
                            Right when I was getting done with school the ONLY guy who did classical guitar stuff teaching wise around here moved away, so it was almost like the universe saying "Here ya go."

I plan on sticking around anyways lol.

Comment

Jazz does have it's downsides, yeah :/. Standard tunes is allright, but... everyone got their limits. I still cannot compose, learn-by-ear of function in the 12-tone music area. Unfortunately, because it's one of the areas in music that inspires me the most .

The only thing I became really proficient in, was the 12-bar blues . Playing bop-style 12-bars can be really addicting, you know- /dangerously/ addictive .

But these days, I'm mostly playing instrumental rock a'la Satriani (minus the virtuosity), ballads, folk music, and prog rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X