New Member - How to Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - How to Search

Hi - new member here. I have a 2017 Sheraton II Pro which recently had one of the Probucker coils go out. I joined the forums to learn about SD humbuckers.

I wanted to ask whether there is a way to search through the forum based on keyword? I don't see any search link or search icon anywhere.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum.
    There are two search boxes; one on the bar just above the first post, at the right near the page numbers.
    That one searches just the current thread (I think; I never use that one myself).

Then there's a general search box at the top of the page, right underneath your user name. This one can be used to search the whole site.
    It has a dropdown menu (button at the right) to choose where & how to search, including Advanced Search with more detailed parameters.
    You'd probably want to search in the Pickup Lounge subforum, as well as the Guitar Shop.

As for your Sheraton, I'd suspect it's a problem in the split wiring rather than the pickup itself.
    Pickups on those are covered, right? That usually keeps the coils pretty well protected from external damage.
    Unfortunately with a semihollow it isn't as easy as just taking the cover off a control cavity to have a look.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

You can also just use Google if you’re used to it but restricting the search to this forum. So if you were to search for Sheraton it would be

sheraton site:forum.seymourduncan.com

In the Google search box.

Comment

Working...
      X