Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59b with modern distortion?

Hey everyone-

I was just wondering if anyone had any clips of a '59b being played with some modern, high gain distortion, possibly with some palm mutes or something. Thanks!

I'm basically looking for a SD bridge pup that can spit out good growling distortion that's open and full, yet still has a good clean tone that isn't muddy or harsh. I play rhythm guitar and I play music ranging from AC/DC and Boston to Korn, Filter, and Metallica. I really like the 'low-output' PAFish growl of Korn, but Metallica's open, but heavy, tone on their Black Album is awesome as well. Any hints? How much ground could a '59b cover in terms of more modern rock bands? Is it too 'hollow' or 'loose' for heavy riifs and palm muting? Any clips that could help me out? I was thinking of going with a SD Jazz pup for neck for that sweet clean tone Metallica has on nothing else matters

and other various songs. Thanks a million guys, this place has saved me from a lot of wrong decisions.

Pickups I'm considering:

'59b
    PGb
    Blues Sarceno bridge
    Screamin Demon bridge
    C-5

My guitar is an alder body RG style Washburn, with maple neck and rosewood fretboard and HSH configuration. Just thought it might help.

Daniel

Last edited by dudeman08; 03-24-2004, 06:27 PM.
    Equipment: I have a Washburn WG228. a Peavey Studio Pro 112, a Digitech RP200, and a DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal... My amp is new, I love it. I've been playing for about 3 years, I'm ok, but I'm not great. I'm good at rhythm guitar, but I couldn't solo if my life depended on it...

Sorry no clips but I would reccomend a '59 neck and either a Custom Bridge or a DD bridge. '59n cleans are pretty good and handles gain pretty good too. Both bridge buckers can chunk and do the hardrock thing.

Comment

Hi Nightburst-

Thanks a lot! Yeah, i was considering the Custom. From what I've heard it's a good pickup. Anyone else?
      Equipment: I have a Washburn WG228. a Peavey Studio Pro 112, a Digitech RP200, and a DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal... My amp is new, I love it. I've been playing for about 3 years, I'm ok, but I'm not great. I'm good at rhythm guitar, but I couldn't solo if my life depended on it...

Comment

Custom... PAF'ish but tighter for more aggressive playing (Mutes, Harmonics, Crunch).

Comment

I love my ceramic 59b. Swap out the A5 for a ceramic...Heaven and hell.
          Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
          Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
          Originally posted by Sosomething
          "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Working...
          X