Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clip of my first shot at recording

Hey all!

I am sort of a newbie here at the Duncan Forums, read a lot of posts, posted a few myself when i had questions and got so much good help from here. I really like everyone on this forum and its great that Seymour Duncan is among the few who cares to let people know as much as possible about his pickups which a lot of other manufacturers dont bother about.
    Well brothers i'm also new to pickups and its going to be the second time i'm going to be installing a pickup in my RG(first was a Tone Zone which was not so good) with none other than the JB. I hope it gets here though!
    I recorded a clip to test my computer for recording and thought you might want to listen, I tried this with a boss overdrive to boost the weak output of my processor and it really sounded alive.
    Go ahead and check it out, i dont mind any kind of criticism on this

Fender Sunn Mustang - highly rayz'd!
    Laney LX35R Combo
    ToneWorks AX10
    ...wish there was more but thats it

Re: clip of my first shot at recording

Hi again! Guess nobody liked it. Thats ok, it was just a test recording and uninteresting, will record some stuff when i get my JB installed, hope you might take to them some way or the other. Thanks to all who listened for their time, i appreciate it
    Laney LX35R Combo
    ToneWorks AX10

Comment

oi mate.. you'll have to wait a bit till you get responces. not many people check in here and yesterday soundclick was down so not many have bothered with it..

not bad for a 1st try and you got nice chops man.
      what equipment are you using? i dont think the JB will be THAT much diferent sounding.. it'll be a bit meaner and have a tighter bass response, i dnt know how it'll sound in basswood though. if you want some clips of it in an alder body/mahagony neck guitar go listen to my clips.

keep it up. we need more people posting here hehe

btw, you just used the guitar->pedal->computer set up? i wouldnt do that much if i were you cos you can fry the input man.. but you got a NICE tone from it

Comment

Nice playing. I liked it actually a lot. The sound quality could be better but the guitar tone is alright.
        Originally posted by Guitarist
        Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
        http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Tone sounds nice, playing is in time, but you slip out of key in some spots.
          What is it you wanted feedback on, exacly?
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

WOW!!! Hey thanks guys for all the nice feedback, i thought this thread was done with and i was wrong. This feels really good because the reason i posted the clip was to let you all know a little about me and my background. Like i've said before i really dig this forum and the members and have found them to be the most helpful and talented prople, Contributing and being a part of the family would make me feel dam good

Originally posted by Davey
            not bad for a 1st try and you got nice chops man.
            what equipment are you using? i dont think the JB will be THAT much diferent sounding.. it'll be a bit meaner and have a tighter bass response, i dnt know how it'll sound in basswood though. if you want some clips of it in an alder body/mahagony neck guitar go listen to my clips.

keep it up. we need more people posting here hehe

btw, you just used the guitar->pedal->computer set up? i wouldnt do that much if i were you cos you can fry the input man.. but you got a NICE tone from it
            Thanks a lot Davey, My gear is pretty ordinary, at the time of this clip i used an Epihpone strat style guitar with stock piclups, Korg Ax1G processor boosted by a Boss Overdrive straight to the computer and just like you said the CPU wire burned out! I just bought a small Marshall 15 watt amp and playing only my other guitar, an Ibanez RG570C alder body which should have the JB in it soon. I chose it for the 'organic' sound it seems to have (if that makes any sense at all....

Originally posted by StrangeSound
            Nice playing. I liked it actually a lot. The sound quality could be better but the guitar tone is alright.
            Thanks strangesound, i really appreciate it and will work on improving sound quality next time.

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
            Tone sounds nice, playing is in time, but you slip out of key in some spots.
            What is it you wanted feedback on, exacly?
            Thanks TwilightOdyssey, I thought i'd join in with a small song for the forum, it was a pleasant surprise for me that you all liked it. Yep i noticed the slips too, it always happens when i'm not happy with something in the sound!

Originally posted by Peterku
            The tone's very good. By the end you started to feel the rythm as well.
            Thanks Peterku, i've always preferred a natural sound as opposed to all the processing that people are into here and i guess a reason for that is there's no chance of getting any reputed solid state or tube amps here in India. I used a Boss OS2 with my processor to get a little analog in and a bit of that tone.

I will keep you posted with the JB as soon as i've had some time with it, thanks
            Last edited by rayz; 10-30-2004, 05:18 AM.
            Laney LX35R Combo
            ToneWorks AX10

Comment

Originally posted by rayz
              I will keep you posted with the JB as soon as i've had some time with it, thanks
              Since yesterday my Ibanez RG 2570 is equiped with a Jeff Beck TB4..it´s awesome! I´m looking foward to the new clip

keep rockin!
              Originally posted by Guitarist
              Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
              http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Coool!!!!! That sounds very encouraging, i ordered one from ebay and it should be here any day now, the wait seems like its going to be WELL worth it
                Laney LX35R Combo
                ToneWorks AX10

Comment

if you used a strat knock off with stock pups on that clip and you at least liked it a little, you'll be blown away by the JB

Comment

Hey Rayz,

Sounds like a work in progress. Lots of good playing at the end.

Btw, you guys in India must be smarting after the 3rd test?

Comment

wo! Thanks Davey, i'd been reading so many good things about the JB and here we are, got it one on one from you, i am the most curious man in the planet right now!!! Ok so i got to be prepared for this, do you think i should use a 500k pot with it or maybe try a 250, the guitar is an alder body with a locking trem, i have both values though.
                      Thanks Inter, just like everybody i am really really happy that my playing's being listened to and liked by others, its an awesome feeling, thank you very much, i'll be back with more Yeah the Indians, probably need a spanking right now, gave us something to gulp endlessly about, what a shame...
                      Laney LX35R Combo
                      ToneWorks AX10

Comment

I would go with a 500K myself. A 250k pot bleeds some of the signal to ground, so it has a "warmer" tone. I like the in-your-face approach myself with a 500k pot.

You can hear my JB doing a couple of little ditties at www.twilight-odyssey.com.
                        Also, check out a couple of jams I did for my friends here at the forum at http://twilightsongs2.tripod.com. Listen to:

Jam Solo 1
                        Rid Jam 2
                        Dio Style Jam
                        Ballad Jam 1

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

=)
                          pretty much everyhting was recorded with the JB. i dont know if the music is your cup of tea, but i love it.

many people are discouraged by it's EQ values and that it does have a upper mid spike, but how i view it.
                          it's got TIGHT and if i say tight, i mean virgin tight bass response. it's got one of the best rythm tones around if you ask me. the upper mid spike has it's good sides. under massive amounts of gain it's clear and you can hear each note ring. the sustain is amazing and if your guitar is at least built as good as mine, you're in for a treat

in the brown sound (wrong title =P) clip it demonstrates how it works with a cranked marshall. the lower strings are fat sounding and the upper ones have that glassy touch to them which spices up the whole chord.

for leads it cuts through thanks to the mid spike, but i prefer the sound of the neck pup for solos and lead runs (allthough when i record i pretty much always forget to switch to it LOL)

hope you like it as much as i do =) and i wouldnt change it for anything right now.

but.. beware, it's a very very moody bucker. one day it can rip your spine out, the other it'll sound stale. at least from my experience lol

*edit*
                          i'd recomend the 500k pots

Comment

Originally posted by inter
                            Sounds like a work in progress. Lots of good playing at the end.
                            nah, just came up with this to see how i do with recording. I actually felt like i was being watched like in a live performance while i was at it!!! Strange, never thought it had been so long since my last band.
                            Laney LX35R Combo
                            ToneWorks AX10

Comment

hehehe, thats how i feel each and every time i'm recording (the source of all the ****ups in my playing)

Comment

Working...
                              X