I was just given a free Marshall, clip within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just given a free Marshall, clip within

My Mom's old boyfriend has long given up playing so he brought me a bunch of his gear. He gave me a late 70s Marshall 100 Watt 2-12 combo the Studio Master Lead. It is a solid state and I just assumed it would be a piece of crap. But I was wrong, this amp has the most tube like response I have ever heard from and SS, they really dialed them in. I have a clip here and I think it sounds extremely JMP like. Talk about a treasure out of the trash can.... He also gave me a 1956 LP Jr!! He bought it in 1970 and it was the first electric I ever played, so it means a ton to me.Solid State Marshall????
    ]
    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Re: I was just given a free Marshall, clip within

it DOES sound nice kevlar, you lucky piece of **** lol........just messin with ya bro, that is so awesome, cheers to you man
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

That's great!
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

How come no one gives me free Marshall's and guitars ! Actually sounds surprisingly nice, ure right there!
        Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
        Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
        Korg AX1500G multi-fx
        RAT
        Boss PH-1r
        Ibanez cf-7
        Ibanwz ts-7
        Danelectro tremolo
        Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

In my younger days i had that same amp...the guys in my band ragged my because it was bot a tube amp...and because of that "not a real marshall"...after months of being ragged on I traded it for a JCM 900 which I soon hated more that anything in the world...I promiced my self after that, that I would never care what anybody thoght about my gear...

Ahh, the things we do when we're young and dumb...I still wish I had that amp...the 900 is long gone (thank God), and I still miss my SS Marshall...now on to the LP Jr...that is one helluva a sweet axe...congrads bro!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Yeah, It was a hell of a gift I got. I got a 1996 Tex Mex Strat that still had the plastic on the pickgaurd, 100 percent mint in a very cool butter yellow. A 56 Les Paul Jr, I will posts clips of the P90 very soon. The Marshall combo and a little Marshall practice amp. A vintage crybaby and compressor pedal. Totally awesome stuff.

I have used Squier, Crate, PV, I currently have a mishmash off "off brand" tube amps which anyone of them sounds as good as the name brands ( I am 100 percent serious on this), same components just different labels on the front. I have long let go of whatever pressure others my try to put on my choice of gear. It is really fun when crap actually isn't crap, in fact now it is what I look for almost exclusivley.
            ]
            FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!

Comment

i hate you

Comment

Well ...
                I love the tone of that thing!!
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Nice score. That thing sounds cool.. very responsive to your playing - nice saturation when you hit the chords hard.
                  My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Xmas in November!!!

Screw all the other stuff, you do realize what a '56 Jr. is worth right? Damn forget monetary value worth, you have a tone machine extraordinaire. I expect some groovy, funked out, right rockin' clips out of you with that thing!
                    My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Yeah the 56 is great, it aint no Goldtop in terms of value but it more than makes up for it in mojo. That P90 is what a P90 was intended to sound like. It is the real deal, you plug into an old tube head and it just makes sense.

As Stevo noted that Marshall is completely touch sensitive, it opens up and breathes and I have never heard a SS amp come even remotely close to that. Clearly they worked real hard on getting those amps to sound decent. I know they were a total dud in sales, but it sounds better than any Valvestate I have played. ( I have owned a couple and liked them)

I have never been bestowed gifts like these, a completely unexpected surprise, my basement is looking pretty cool these days
                      ]
                      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!

Comment

Awesome Kev!!
                        Hehe P90's from that area are awesome pickups!!
                        Good on you man!

Comment

Your Mom's OLD boyfriend? Man, what a guy!!!!

Does he want any other adoptive kids????

I'm at work right now, but I'll check out the clip when I get home; I always enjoy your clips!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                          Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                          FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Great sounding amp kevlar! Does he have anymore free stuff to give out?
                            Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                            X