Sound clip - Guitar lead from demo song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound clip - Guitar lead from demo song

Here's a clip of a solo i recorded for one of my old demo songs. On this one i used my 79 Marshall JMP 50 watt. Enjoy!

Demo solo
    Last edited by VHoholic; 04-18-2007, 01:06 PM.
    Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Re: Sound clip - Guitar lead from demo song

such a great tone i'm really diggin it but i want the whole song
    boreddddddddddd

Comment

what the other 2 guys said

Comment

I hear VH, but I also still hear a lot of Vito Bratta!

Dude, I'm dead serious -- make CD-R's of that demo and sell em for $8 or $10; I would buy one!!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Very nice!!

It seems like there were some bucks spent on this thing, what broke the band up? Was a deal anywhere close to fruition? That stuff is totally the sound of the 80s, production is great for that time.
          ]
          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by Peterku
            Briefly:
            Thanks man!

Originally posted by Chi3f
            such a great tone i'm really diggin it but i want the whole song
            Thanks Chi3f. If i ever get around to remixing the song i'll try and post the whole thing.

Originally posted by Davey
            what the other 2 guys said
            Thanks Davey.

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
            I hear VH, but I also still hear a lot of Vito Bratta!

Dude, I'm dead serious -- make CD-R's of that demo and sell em for $8 or $10; I would buy one!!
            Thanks man. I've had alot of people in the past tell me the same thing about Vito Bratta. I remember listening to alot of white Lion back in those days. Yeah, i should put this thing on CD. Gotta get in touch with my old singer.

Originally posted by kevlar3000
            Very nice!!

It seems like there were some bucks spent on this thing, what broke the band up? Was a deal anywhere close to fruition? That stuff is totally the sound of the 80s, production is great for that time.
            Thanks kevlar. Actually we did all the mixing and recording ourselves with all our own equipment. We recorded a few demos at pay studios before this one and just asked alot of questions and watched what they were doing. After alot of trial and error we finally got it right and learned how to do it all. When we sent our demo to Atlantic Records and were told that they were only looking at grunge style tapes and that they would have signed us if they had received it a few years earlier, it kinda took the wind out of my singer. I wanted to keep the whole thing going but no matter how much i tried to push the thing he eventually lost all interest. The rest of the guys just started dropping like flies after that. There was no internet back then so things are very different now. People are open to so many different styles and genres. You don't have to wait around for what the record companies want anymore. It's funny because i've gotten so much positive feedback from younger people. I'm pretty surprised about their reactions to be honest with you.
            Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

I am right there with you, we late 80s guys really had a change happen in the early 90s. I loved it musically, but I was instantly dated as a shredder. The internet has been a huge gift and has completely changed the way I create. There is actually a niche that enjoys what I do, I am not begging 15 people to come to a gig and I have the freedom the create exactly what I want to create with no politics within. How 25,000 people found my site I have no idea, but it has been amazing to say the least.

There really is an opportunity to be heard and I love it!!
              ]
              FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

I'm with you, Kevlar!
                My style of music was called out-of-date for years ... now we get thousands of hits on the web site each month.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

dude, please.. call em together. if the darkness came out big, there's no stoping you. i said it before, the 80's are having a HUGE! comeback

send out a couple of demos around and keep your fingers crossed, i'm sure someone's gonna pick it up and say AWESOME! where did i put the contact for tehse guys

(oh, TO, substract about 500 of that cos it's probably just me j/k)

Comment

Firstly i would like to say a) TONE RULES
                    b) what the others have said, this is seriously cool stuff

and now i quote

Originally posted by VHoholic

Actually we did all the mixing and recording ourselves with all our own equipment. We recorded a few demos at pay studios before this one and just asked alot of questions and watched what they were doing. After alot of trial and error we finally got it right and learned how to do it all.
                    Can my band come round yours please !!?!
                    Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                    Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                    Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                    RAT
                    Boss PH-1r
                    Ibanez cf-7
                    Ibanwz ts-7
                    Danelectro tremolo
                    Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Man, what can I say that I have'nt said before? I wish I had more time to develop my playing skill's to possess even half of your understanding of playing, style and tone. I have all the desire in the world to learn but time is'nt exactley on my side. With talent like your's you should call up that old singer and start writing again. Just to see what you can come up with and take it from there. Or find someone new to write with.

Comment

mann, this is just brilliant all round guitaring, i dont know how to say it but this so rockin' and i love it! I hope you do something with your playing FAST We all love it and so will a LOT of people, Like Mike M said it perfect, just go for it
                        Fender Sunn Mustang - highly rayz'd!
                        Laney LX35R Combo
                        ToneWorks AX10
                        ...wish there was more but thats it

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                          I am right there with you, we late 80s guys really had a change happen in the early 90s. I loved it musically, but I was instantly dated as a shredder. The internet has been a huge gift and has completely changed the way I create. There is actually a niche that enjoys what I do, I am not begging 15 people to come to a gig and I have the freedom the create exactly what I want to create with no politics within. How 25,000 people found my site I have no idea, but it has been amazing to say the least.

There really is an opportunity to be heard and I love it!!
                          That's awesome man. I love the internet! Your music absolutely rocks!! Do you have to pay for your site or is it free?

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                          I'm with you, Kevlar!
                          My style of music was called out-of-date for years ... now we get thousands of hits on the web site each month.
                          I checked out your site TwilightOdyssey, very cool!

Originally posted by Davey
                          dude, please.. call em together. if the darkness came out big, there's no stoping you. i said it before, the 80's are having a HUGE! comeback

send out a couple of demos around and keep your fingers crossed, i'm sure someone's gonna pick it up and say AWESOME! where did i put the contact for tehse guys

(oh, TO, substract about 500 of that cos it's probably just me j/k)
                          Anyone know of any good websites to find pro musicians to get a project going? I really would love to get back out there again and do something but i just never know where to find the right musicians. All the guys from my demo aren't interested in this at all anymore. I'm the only one who really does anything with it.

Originally posted by Dooogz
                          Firstly i would like to say a) TONE RULES
                          b) what the others have said, this is seriously cool stuff

and now i quote

Can my band come round yours please !!?!
                          Thanks man!!
                          Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

Originally posted by Mike M.
                            Man, what can I say that I have'nt said before? I wish I had more time to develop my playing skill's to possess even half of your understanding of playing, style and tone. I have all the desire in the world to learn but time is'nt exactley on my side. With talent like your's you should call up that old singer and start writing again. Just to see what you can come up with and take it from there. Or find someone new to write with.
                            Thanks Mike! I appreciate your comments. Yeah, i gotta put something together. Just need to find the right musicians.

Originally posted by rayz
                            mann, this is just brilliant all round guitaring, i dont know how to say it but this so rockin' and i love it! I hope you do something with your playing FAST We all love it and so will a LOT of people, Like Mike M said it perfect, just go for it
                            Thanks man!!
                            Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

As always, very cool stuff. Just too short of clips...
                              -Butch Snyder
                              butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Working...
                              X