Putting drums in your tracks?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting drums in your tracks?...

I use cakewalk studio to record...i have to no way of recording live drums and i'm wondering what you guys use to lay down the precussion in your tracks (and where i can get my hands on it)...

Re: Putting drums in your tracks?...

I use a Boss DR-3 drum machine.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Drums On Demand

Very nice loop based sets. Very good sound, very easy to use in acid type format.

Programming indivudual drum beats is a pain in the ass. I dont know if cakewalk uses acid format, if it doesnt get something like acid 4.0 and build them there and import to cakewalk.

Comment

I got a small cheap Zoom Drum Machine. It has 2 outputs and 6 buttons that are touch sensitive. Plus about 100+ patterns and 100 fills. You can even play live into the recorder or record your own.
        Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
        Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
        Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
        Epiphone LP Special w/JB
        Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
        Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
        1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
        Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Originally posted by SheDoesntDoIt4Me
          Drums On Demand

Very nice loop based sets. Very good sound, very easy to use in acid type format.

Programming indivudual drum beats is a pain in the ass. I dont know if cakewalk uses acid format, if it doesnt get something like acid 4.0 and build them there and import to cakewalk.
          SDD4M, Does Acidized mean that it will change tempo depending on what youre tempo setting for your recording sofware is? IOW, if I set a tempo to 180 bpm, the loop will set itself to 180 bpm. Or 130, or 120 or whatever? I think that the Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3 does acidized loops, but I"m not positive.
          Originally posted by Scott_F
          On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

i have a couple different (FREE) software based drum machines.

one is leafdrums. really great, alot of versatility, good, natural sounds

the other is hammerhead, a little more hiphop/electro, but i like the sounds in there, a little more hard hitting. not as versatile.

google em
            Originally posted by krankguitarist
            And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

Yes, that is correct. Though you must watch because some do 20 percent shift max before they, well, they sound like ****. But yes thats the idea.

Comment

Boss DR-770

Comment

i drum with pencils on my desk

Comment

Working...
                  X