Another Demo solo (sound clip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Demo solo (sound clip)

I just dug this out of the cobwebs and figured I would post it for the heck of it. It's a solo from one of my old demo songs. I recorded it onto my computer from a cassete tape. I used a 70 Super Lead, Greenbacks, and a 1980 Ibanez Artist. Enjoy!

70 Super Lead
    Last edited by VHoholic; 04-18-2007, 01:03 PM.
    Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Re: Another Demo solo (sound clip)

where's the rest man?

Comment

I recorded over the end of the song by mistake and the quality is real crappy. It's from an old cassette tape. I have to get a DAT player so i can make a better copy off the master.
      Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

please do it's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
          please do it's awesome
          Thanks man!

Originally posted by Peterku
          Wow!!!
          Thanks Peter!
          Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

Awwwww sookie, that was nice!
            Your playing STILL reminds me of Vito Bratta, btw ...

EDIT: Dude, go to http://twilightsongs8.tripod.com and lay down a solo for that backing track. I would love to hear something current!!
            Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 11-09-2004, 05:09 PM.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
              Awwwww sookie, that was nice!
              Your playing STILL reminds me of Vito Bratta, btw ...
              Thanks man. I take that as a compliment!

EDIT: Dude, go to http://twilightsongs8.tripod.com and lay down a solo for that backing track. I would love to hear something current!!
              I'll have to check that out.
              Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

Originally posted by VHoholic
                Thanks man. I take that as a compliment!
                Please do, I mean that with the utmost respect. Bratta is the MAN!
                And back in the dim, dark 80's, before they were a household name, he lived right down the street from me (more or less) and I saw White Lion many times at Lamour in Brooklyn.

Comment

Please do, I mean that with the utmost respect. Bratta is the MAN!
                  And back in the dim, dark 80's, before they were a household name, he lived right down the street from me (more or less) and I saw White Lion many times at Lamour in Brooklyn.
                  Oh ****! I lived in Staten Island for over 20 years and i used to go see them at Lamour all the time before and after they were signed. I remember seeing them the night that they were given the Gold record award on stage for Pride during the show. Man those were some great times. I went there every weekend for a few years. Some of the memories are a little hazy but it was alot of fun. Last time i went there was a few years back, the club is half the size now. Do you know if it's still open?
                  Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

Ah...tone and great playing as usual....and I am with the Vito part as well..he was most awesome.

Comment

Oh ****! I lived in Staten Island for over 20 years and i used to go see them at Lamour all the time before and after they were signed. I remember seeing them the night that they were given the Gold record award on stage for Pride during the show. Man those were some great times. I went there every weekend for a few years. Some of the memories are a little hazy but it was alot of fun. Last time i went there was a few years back, the club is half the size now. Do you know if it's still open?
                      If you were hanging out at Lamour 20yrs ago, then you remember the waitress w/the monkey?? And the video screen that would come down betwen bands? Good times, good times ...

The gold record for White Lion as well as Twisted Sister stayed on the back wall until Lamour closed its doors for the 2nd time. Lamour owned GRAND SLAM records, as well, so you can make a connection between the bands that were getting all the choice shows and who just so happened to be Grand Slam's roster ...

But I'm getting ahead of myself:
                      Lamour closed in '91-92 ... reopened around '99. I'm friends with the Parente family, and anyone familiar with the staff @ Lamour can guess the reasons why it shut down the first time. (Think Sopranos)

The last shows I saw at Lamour before the 1st closing were Badlands and Dream Theater, with the orginal singer (Dominici).

When Lamour was closed, they opened up 1/2 the room as a dance club called PANACHE. Then they re-opened the original front half, and had both rooms going at the same time.

Besides booking Lamour for my very own Metal show I put on 2 summers ago, I have a long playing history with the club, opening for FATES WARNING, SAVATAGE, ANVIL, SYMPHONY X, ANGRA and NIGHTWISH there, along with a few local shows ...

They closed for the 2nd time about a year ago, and I'll tell ya: it was a sore blow, because it's very hard to get slots opening for international acts in Manahattan. So far we've only been able to score gigs with ZODIAC MINDWARP and GEORGE LYNCH.

There are rumours of Lamour re-opening, and the reason they closed was not financial reasons. (Once again, think of the staff at Lamour ... )
                      These are just rumours, tho.

I really hope they do reopen. Many bands had problems with the club (what else is new), but we were always able to draw large crowds there, and the club treated my band very well.

Comment

If you were hanging out at Lamour 20yrs ago, then you remember the waitress w/the monkey?? And the video screen that would come down betwen bands? Good times, good times ...

The gold record for White Lion as well as Twisted Sister stayed on the back wall until Lamour closed its doors for the 2nd time. Lamour owned GRAND SLAM records, as well, so you can make a connection between the bands that were getting all the choice shows and who just so happened to be Grand Slam's roster ...

But I'm getting ahead of myself:
                        Lamour closed in '91-92 ... reopened around '99. I'm friends with the Parente family, and anyone familiar with the staff @ Lamour can guess the reasons why it shut down the first time. (Think Sopranos)

The last shows I saw at Lamour before the 1st closing were Badlands and Dream Theater, with the orginal singer (Dominici).

When Lamour was closed, they opened up 1/2 the room as a dance club called PANACHE. Then they re-opened the original front half, and had both rooms going at the same time.

Besides booking Lamour for my very own Metal show I put on 2 summers ago, I have a long playing history with the club, opening for FATES WARNING, SAVATAGE, ANVIL, SYMPHONY X, ANGRA and NIGHTWISH there, along with a few local shows ...

They closed for the 2nd time about a year ago, and I'll tell ya: it was a sore blow, because it's very hard to get slots opening for international acts in Manahattan. So far we've only been able to score gigs with ZODIAC MINDWARP and GEORGE LYNCH.

There are rumours of Lamour re-opening, and the reason they closed was not financial reasons. (Once again, think of the staff at Lamour ... )
                        These are just rumours, tho.

I really hope they do reopen. Many bands had problems with the club (what else is new), but we were always able to draw large crowds there, and the club treated my band very well.
                        That would be great if they reopened! I might have to check that out if they do. Looks like your band is doing well. That's awesome. Yeah, i remember that waitress and the Screen inbetween bands. I remember they always used to play a part of the Fair Warning Album. That sound guy used to blast the PA at ear shattering levels LOL. It was so loud at times that you couldn't even make out what the band was actually playing.
                        Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

That sound guy used to blast the PA at ear shattering levels LOL. It was so loud at times that you couldn't even make out what the band was actually playing.
                          LOL
                          That tradition held true 'til the day they closed.
                          A friend of mine who is a mastering engineer for Sony came down to watch us play at Lamour and was like "O my God!!! It's 125dB flat out in there!!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X