Using a Hot Plate with a sound card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Hot Plate with a sound card

I’m going to be building a computer in the near future specifically for audio recording. I’ll be recording my guitar and bass using Guitar Tracks Pro and some sort of loop program for the drums. I’d like to know if I can get good results going from the line out of my THD Hot Plate directly into the sound card, provided that it’s a good one (sound card)? If not, is there a better alternative to buying a mixer as an interface between the Hot Plate and the sound card? I know I’ll need a mic pre when I start recording with mics but for now I need to go direct if possible and I just want to know if a high quality sound card is enough with a Hot Plate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

CJ
    www.myspace.com/cjreaper

Re: Using a Hot Plate with a sound card

A hotplate alone won't do it unless you have some software-based speaker simulation. I'd probably suggest a hardware-based speaker simulator like the Palmer or Behringer direct boxes.
    Last edited by aleclee; 11-12-2004, 04:19 PM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
    My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
      A hotplate alone won't do it unless you have some software-based speaker simulation. I'd probably suggest a hardware-based speaker simulator like the Palmer or Behringer direct boxes.
      +1.

THD told me that the line out needed some sort of speaker sim to sound good.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Cool, thanks for the help!! I'm looking into a M-Audio Omni Studio which comes with the M-66 Delta sound card and an external box with several different inputs, including XLR, so I think I'll go that route.

Cheers,

CJ
        www.myspace.com/cjreaper

Comment

Working...
        X