talking through pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talking through pickups

I've heard you can do it, and I've heard a variety of ways to do it, but none seem to work for me. I've tried turning up the gain and screaming into them, I've tried using crappy old pickups to do it, not so crappy new pickups... nothing seems to work.
    so how do you do it?
    dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Re: talking through pickups

read up on David Torn..he does this a lot, as well as some other wonderful noises. Any release of his is highly recommended.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you REALLY wanna have some fun get a cordless power drill or a small cordless radio with a built in speaker and then operate the drill/turn on the radio and face the speaker near the pickups... just make sure the stuff is cordless though cuz if it ain't you WILL get electrocuted.

Comment

I do that all the time! Not on purpose, unfortunately!

All I do is turn the gain up and tear **** with ****ing ridiculously heavy tones, then cut it and tell my drummer that he should take it to 16ths and BAM! My voice is being amplified! You can do it!

Comment

I've been successful with any guitar I've tried it with, provided the gain is dimed, and the pickup is hot.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Sprinkle lots of gain, then do the kind of yelling you might if you were gagged, but against the back of the guitar. Kinda like a resonating hum. Might scare the children and pets though...
            '96 MIM Fender Strat: nck-APS1 + mid-APS1 Alnc II Pro Stg RwRp + brdg-Lil '59
            Korea Squire '97 Strat: The MIM's stock pups
            Epiphone '96 Sheraton: Stock 'buckers
            Samick Tele: Tele HotRails in bridge + stock neck

Comment

Working...
            X