banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StarCraft - The Terran Dominion. A rather progressive tune. (CLIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarCraft - The Terran Dominion. A rather progressive tune. (CLIP)

Biu and everyone else here it is !

Here's my interpretation of the terran theme from the famous 1997 computer game - StarCraft. The bass track and the entire progression is exactly the same as the original soundtrack. I then put rhythm guitar on top, and added in clean fills and soloes.

The clean sound is my Highway 1 strat with Antiquity neck single coil.
    Most of the distortion is the hotrail in the bridge blended in 20% with the 2 Antiquities in series.
    The distortion is coming from a Keeley DS-1 ULTRA mod unit with drive cranked all the way, and tone almost completely out.
    I am also using a crybaby 535q.

I am playing through a fender frontman 15r amp (LOL LOL LOL ya i know...) going line out of the amp into line in into soundcard. Using cakewalk sonar 2.0. Only at the end of the recording I have learned how to properly use multi tracking So some sections are a bit fuzzy.
    Please don't mind the sound quality as I know its crap.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000016615.mp3 right click and save as - The clip is 5.2 megs - so please be patient.

How do you guys like my interpretation of this theme?
    Last edited by Frantic_Rock; 04-06-2004, 09:12 AM.
    my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
    A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Re: StarCraft - The Terran Dominion. A rather progressive tune. (CLIP)

Sounded great on my junky work computer speakers. I never heard the original but the production quality was nice. The Keeley sure sounds great!

Scott
    Lot's of music stuff here www.scottlernermusic.com

Comment

That's nice! I like the cleans a lot. Very 'alive' and moody. The distorted sounds however are on the buzzy side, especially in the beginning. There is a lot of bass in the clip! Lead tone is of good quality, very smooth and creamy.
      I'll need to go and check out the original now.

Comment

Sorry for my late response! Very cool tune, man. You have sweet tone too, I dug the wah-wah action in the middle. Oh and strange as it is, the harmony parts sounded a lot like a part from the Spy VS. Spy Nintendo game theme!

Awesome-awesome-awesome work, Frantic_Rock!
        Watch My Videos
        Photography
        www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
        "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Thanks guys for the compliments !

Nightburst : Theres so much bass in the clip, because during the solos i didn't know how to separate the tracks, so bass was going into every rhythm guitar and lead track (but i figured it out eventually, just didn't wanna redo the whole tune The buzzing is because of my fender frontman preamp. I'll get my amplitube working with my sonar, then I hope i can get some warm crunch with all it's modeling

Biu : Thanks man ! I did this only because I heard your Street Fighter !!! The harmony part I just actually came up with because That part I could not figure out the cleans for So i played minor and major 7 chords harmonizing them with 2 guitars in 4ths and 5ths. Basically i tried filling all the gaps of the song that i couldn't reproduce with solos and melodic clean chords
          my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
          A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Working...
          X