X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wampler Plextortion-EHX MT-Badlands, VH, JP, Lizzy content..among others

No incessant jibberjabber in this clip

This pedal is really effin happening!!

If you don't know about it, its meant to simulate a Marshall 800 2203 into 25w Greenback cabs. Its more versatile than that. Really can handle old Metal Face NMV type tones,through later 70s JMP MV into brownish modded plexi and modded 800. Has a "modern" switch which adds a considerable presence boost and more focused bass repsonse, but I have it in the warmer fatter "Vintage" mode for this clip. Lots of EQ versatility for different amps to run it through. RTFM!!!! if you try one. I didn't at first and had a tough time dialing in a good tone. The EQ does not work like a typical distortion pedal, and you need to get conservative with some of the controls depending on what style of amp you are running it through.

Signal here is my KWS strat with DiMarzio FS1 single coil, into the Wampler, an EHX MT analog delay (at times), into the Marshall Class 5 with V30 1x12 Ampeg cab. Zoom Q3 mic'ed off center about a foot back but pointed directly at the center of the cone.

FWIW this is at fairly reasonable home volumes (not nighttime). The Marshall is set for a completely clean tone (just under 10oclock), and the pedal is doing all the work ( have the guitar volume rolled down at first for the clean stuff).

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook
Working...
X