Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darkshadow54321
    replied
    Very cool song.......ESPECIALLY THE ENDING!!!!!

Awesome playing there.......and that's a Jazz? I better check that out methinks...

Leave a comment:

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied
    Hehe I kept seeing strange images of a puppetcircus with wires.
    Or the episode with Courage the cowardly dog and Fussili...hehe weird indeed.
    And I love the ending

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied
    Thanks Wattage I'll have to check out some of those folks you mentioned...they sound interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Wattage
    replied
    That is wonderful!!!

The ending reminds me of something Mike Kenneally might do. You've definiely raised the bar for me if nothing else. My brain doesn't come up with much stuff like that unfortunately, got to break out of the box a bit. I can almost picture a little guy playng a hurdy gurdy in the background swaying back and forth waiting for his minkey (Peter Sellers anyone) to come back.

You might like to check out a guy called Andy Prieboy, he was in Wall of Voodoo for a while, his solo stuff is pretty cool very wide ranging but he does a few things that make me think of Gilbert and Sullivan yet he still rocks. Also an unreal band called 16 Horsepower, they flip my head out completely. I am not sure how to describe them all that well but if John Fogerty was kind of dark and evil and had electricity in like 1849 then started drinking and playing music with Frenchmen and hillbillies it might be a start.

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    started a topic Jolly's very "Strange" song....kinda "Beatlesque"

Jolly's very "Strange" song....kinda "Beatlesque"

Ok Wattage, I'm raising the stakes bro.

Here's a song I wrote and recorded about 2 1/2 - 3 years ago. Some of yall have heard it, as Scott posted it for me on the old forum a couple of years ago. I know alot of you have never heard it, so I figured I would share it again.

It's a very weird and strange song, hence the name "Strange". It kind of has a circus atmosphere to it. The first time I played it for my mother she said "it reminds me of a russian bear riding a tricycle in a circus". I have absolutey know idea how this song even popped into my mind.

All the guitars are the Jazz Model in an Epiphone Les Paul. The weird oboe melody is from an old 80's Roland synthesizer I borrowed from a friend of mine. Actually the oboe sound is the vocal melody. I just liked the way it sounded so much this way that I never layed down any vocals and kept it as an instrumental. I tried my best to get a Sgt. Peppers era Paul McCartney bass vibe going on it.

Don't worry, I don't let this song get off so easy. It has a nice surprise ending to it. Well, I hope you enjoy it.

Working...
X