Okto...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okto...

Tested my now modulation equipped dual echo box......
    My old mate kept my CS Tele for me(long story and really kinda stupid) anyways used my California Beach Tele here, it has Micro Coil pickups, fitted some test strings on it as well....EB RPS 10-46...love the firm feel and fat sound.
    Amp is as usual my Super Sonic 22 combo..

Re: Okto...

Looking forward to checking this out later.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Delay with modulation is all the rage these days. I really like it. This sounds lovely.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Haha yeah, thanks for checking it out!
        My mates and me started out with the modulation some years ago....
        And in search for a dirty and not very clean echo sound, as tape cannot be emulated very well, instead we tried to get that washy and squashed repeat instead.
        The feel of some of those old tape echos in other words

The firs ones had chorus like modulation, did not take alot of time to deem that a no go direction.
        Anyways we keept pulling out parts.....and driving the chips near the edge.
        Out went the noisecancellers.....made an annoying breathing, found a more "natural" sound to the repeats.
        One is a long and dark sounding echo, the other is tuned up to go faster, that gives a more clear sound as the sampling gets cleaner.

Pulled out the taptempo circuit as well, and a tone as well.
        Cranked up the input on the thing one more time, then we where rewarded with a lively echo that responded to the playing, playing soft will give a sweet washy ambient sound, digging into the strings makes it go dirty and squash the sound.
        Some may not like that much, but I have long been tired of clean percussive repeats, so this direction was a clear path to follow.

We went for a dirty and still clear echo, not wanting to emulate anything, it is centered on having a kinda verby echo that does not invade the sound with those annoying percussive repeats.
        This is a two headed version, we are still fooling around with more heads to install.
        Now I have an echo that I like, and one that gets plenty of use to it!
        Can switch the heads on and off, using both or just one, or switch them out entirely, as the echo pedal boosts the signal slightly until it is bypassed, it is a fun side effect.

I used to have those old Ibanez/maxon delays with modulation back in the late 80's and early 90's, always loved that sound, from subtle to total whack!

Comment

Working...
        X