3 new Pedals. Clean tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 new Pedals. Clean tone

I have completely re-built my rig in recent months. including 3 new pedals. Thought I would make a clean clip and show how well the amp responds to your volume controls and progressively adding distortion with your guitars volume.

Guitar is my Les Paul Trad with T top clones. Bridge pickup.
    Amp is OR15 set at 15w and the volume rolled off on the guitar until the end. EVH 2x12 with G12H30 Anni, and EVH G12M20.
    Dunlop/MXR Echoplex Pre is on the whole time.
    MXR Carbon Copy Analog delay. Modulation is "on" with it set to give a tape echo like warble and not so much a chorusing effect.
    Phaser is the EHX Nano Stone.

All pedals into the front of the amp.

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: 3 new Pedals. Clean tone

Sounds intriguing. Will check this out over the weekend!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Sounds ... Like it coulda used a little help w a compressor, in my opinion. Personally, I find that when you have an amp opened up and you roll back the volume TOO far, it gets 'plastic-y' and kinda hollow sounding.

This is a perfect example of where the Bogner Harlow comes in handy (again, imo): you can roll back the volume to get the cleanliness you want, then use the compression to smooth it out, and the tone control to bring the body back into the tone.
      Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 03-21-2015, 05:08 AM.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I hate compressors plugged into an amp. HATE them.

But I understand and agree, a compressor probably would have helped even the recorded tone out. So would a real mic
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
        X