Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some ballad jam

Here it goes. Hope you like it.

Last edited by IvanMC; 03-24-2015, 11:11 PM.

Re: Some ballad jam

I do like it. Playing is great.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks, TwilightOdyssey! I'll try to overcome my anxiety, though... I think I should've soothed down, got rid of that distortion and play some slower, sweeter stuff at some point... I'm never ever satisfied with what I post or do... and I must admit I get extremely nervous when the camera is on... cheers anyway!

Comment

Great sound... great playing... thanks for sharing! I also like your ideas in your self-rebuttal, but many times we're our own worst critics... so don't sell yourself short! The fact is, if you were to sit and play that on 10 different days, when you were in 10 different moods, you'd have 10 different solos... each distinctive and elegant in its own way. Way to go!
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

That was sweet man..very well played. I have the same problem when I improvise in front of a camera. I stiffen up & the idea's disappear lol..Somehow stuff always sounds better when I'm not recording it

But I would'nt worry if I were you, that really sounded great..
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Thanks a lot for those uplifting words, guys; and also for having a go at the video! BriGuy1968, I totally agree with you - 100%. Our different moods will always determine our different performances. Inevitable. Thanks again!

Comment

Its sweet, particularly the quick runs. Just take it easy on your vibrato tho, so you use it to "polish" the note rather than push it out of tune. A little goes a long way.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Thanks for your words, gibson175. Absolutely; some of it was a bit too "aggressive" for a ballad... not Zakk Wylde-esque, but rough. Thanks for the comment!

Comment

Nice enjoyed it!
                  And that track is cool to play along!

Comment

Thanks, Vasshu the humanoid! Yeah; it's a nice one to improvise over; next time I'll try to make it longer though! Cheers!

Comment

Nice!

I like it.

I did not like the knobs of your LP though.

B
                      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

thanks, dr.barlo! Yeah, I do need to get that knob fixed before getting hold of the cam again, right?

Comment

Working...
                        X