banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fingerstyle & Percussive guitar cover.Thoughts? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingerstyle & Percussive guitar cover.Thoughts? :)

Hello fellas!
    Thought to share with you my cover of "Fearless" by Erik Mongrain.
    I also use in this live recording the Seymour Duncan mag mic-magnetic pick up which I love it's tone.
    I ll be so glad to hear your thoughts and thanks a bunch for your time!
    Have a great day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2jNhq4QO5c

Re: Fingerstyle & Percussive guitar cover.Thoughts?

A song like this is all about the rhythm. If you lose the rhythm even momentarily, the spell is broken. Its great but it sounds like the tune needs some more time so you are really feeling the groove on the complicated parts. There are times you sound a little unsure. Never let technique or being clever get in the way of the groove.
    Sorry if i sound critical, but Im pretty sure that you have probably already done plenty of self criticism about this stuff. Being able to look at weaknesses honestly is how we improve.
    Dont get me wrong, the playing is very accomplished and i can hear the hard work that has gone into it. I just reckon you can take it up another level.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Gibson175 you rock brother.Thank you for your comment.
      You are very right,is not perfect,I worked very hard yes but because I am not playing guitar for a very very long time I still learn and I will about a bunch of things to control on the instrument.
      Wish you the best,thanks for checking it friend!

Comment

WAAAY beyond what I could do given the same playing conditions. Well done, I really enjoy your vids!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys really.Means a lot to me to take the time to listen and comment,appreciate that.
          Glad you liked,have an awesome day!!

Comment

Working...
          X