banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AsFollowsTron lives! Playing multiple synths at once...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AsFollowsTron lives! Playing multiple synths at once...

I have been spending the past few weeks trying out various aspects of this system with the end goal of recording a long-scale instrumental piece of music entirely live (i.e., no overdubs) using stand alone/hardware sequencers/synths and live guitar. I was able to get sounds from the synths tonight and everything sync'd up just fine. Tomorrow I'm going to introduce live guitar into the mix and see if I can juggle 5 synth parts and guitar at the same time!

The BeatStep Pro is providing sync via MIDI to the JV1080, MOPHO, and MiniBrute. All audio is running through the Mackie mixer. Aux sends are to external reverbs.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: The AsFollowsTron lives! Playing multiple synths at once...

My first stab at playing this live ... took 9 takes, and still not perfect, but it is a new instrument, so to speak.

Written and tracked live off the floor; what you are hearing is the 2 bus output from my Mackie 16 channel mixer. All parts were written and mixed in real time.

Comment

Re: The AsFollowsTron lives! Playing multiple synths at once...

Second jam with the AsFollows Tron. Switched the acoustic guitar out for my Strat using the classic 80s trick of adding a chorus and going straight into the desk. This was once again recorded live straight off the floor as it was played and mixed in real time.

Comment

Working...
      X