Playing Style & On What

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Style & On What

Ever been told that your playing style is similar to a particular [well known] player, or even that you probably play a certain guitar model, based purely on hearing you play, or watching your technique when not playing your #1 guitar?

I'm guessing the former is not so unusual, given that everyone probably leans towards styles they initially attempt to emulate etc, but I've always been a little puzzled with the latter. Several times, I've had people tell me that I normally play a Les Paul, when I'm not playing one at the time - witchcraft I tell ye!!!
    My mum says I'm speshal...

Re: Playing Style & On What

I find it interesting when people compare you to a player you've never even heard of, much less listen to. I'd rather people look at me all puzzled-like.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: Playing Style & On What

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I find it interesting when people compare you to a player you've never even heard of, much less listen to. I'd rather people look at me all puzzled-like.
      No doubt it's all down to phrasing a particular thing, that someone associates it with a particular artist, or such. I guess it's the same association goes for the guitar, though that one's not as obvious when it's come up for me.

As for puzzled looks, I don't need guitars for that one :-P
      My mum says I'm speshal...

Comment

Working...
      X