The "future of music"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "future of music"

(sorry I don't know how to imbed video properly)

This just came up in one of the Fender Strat Facebook groups I'm in. 812GUITARS (whoever that is) described this dude as the "future of music."
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: The "future of music"

I enjoyed it. But there isn't anything there that we haven't all heard before. Don't get me wrong, I think the guy's okay. Decent licks, passable Strat tone- kinda muddy in the neck for my taste- and at least he's at home with the guitar.
    Would not call that the music of the future, though.
    Still, sometimes the key to the future does lie in the past...
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Certainly has confidence.
      My mum says I'm speshal...

Comment

The future of music? That title has already been awarded to JD Simo.

This kid has nice tone. Chops are just meh.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

The audio quality in the clip I posted is horrendous. Like, why the hell would you not delete that let alone post it bad. There's nothing wrong with goofing off tastelessly, but the caption says, "There's 'Blues' players, then there's this guy..."

JD Simo is a bad mofo. Killer player.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            The audio quality in the clip I posted is horrendous. Like, why the hell would you not delete that let alone post it bad. There's nothing wrong with goofing off tastelessly, but the caption says, "There's 'Blues' players, then there's this guy..."
            Sounds like a really sloppy Hendrix wannabe to me. Nothing new here.
            sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
            - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

He exists and is making music. Very familiar music I might add. Therefore he is in the present of music. How could he possibly be the future of music? That doesn't make any sense.
              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Sounds like one of those really annoying guys at guitar Center that the salesman finally asks to turn it down. If THATs the future of Music, than I'll stick with the past);

THIS guy is the future of music- unbelievable skill and tone through a '69 Maple cap Strat;

Last edited by MetalManiac; 01-02-2017, 11:35 PM.
                "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                X