banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Voltage! (Anyone want to do vocals?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Voltage! (Anyone want to do vocals?)

Anyone want to download this and do vocals over it?
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: High Voltage! (Anyone want to do vocals?)

Guitar sounds good. However, the rest of the instruments need to be brought up in the mix. The drums are barely present and there's no audible bass.
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
      Guitar sounds good. However, the rest of the instruments need to be brought up in the mix. The drums are barely present and there's no audible bass.
      I mixed this using my 5 channel surround sound, and it sounds fine on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Gear
      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

This old song and dance.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
          I mixed this using my 5 channel surround sound, and it sounds fine on my iPhone.

Dude, my iPhone barely sounds good for watching a video. Don't mix only for an iPhone. I'm listening to it through my headphones and I'm telling you that the rhythm guitar, drums, and bass are not audible.
          Line 6 Helix
          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Dude, my iPhone barely sounds good for watching a video. Don't mix only for an iPhone. I'm listening to it through my headphones and I'm telling you that the rhythm guitar, drums, and bass are not audible.
            I can hear them fine on my setup

Gear

Comment

Well then, looks like you'll be doing your own vocals.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                Well then, looks like you'll be doing your own vocals.
                no

Gear

Comment

I can hear them fine on my setup

I can't do this anymore.

Nathan, I want to know how you mixed this. What program did you use? How many tracks did you record? Was there any panning of any sort or did you just record everything and then keep it centered?
                  Line 6 Helix
                  Dunlop Strings and Picks

Comment

I can't do this anymore.

Nathan, I want to know how you mixed this. What program did you use? How many tracks did you record? Was there any panning of any sort or did you just record everything and then keep it centered?
                    I used Audacity for the audio, then a Linux program called Cheese for the video. I had to mix everything according to my ears

Gear

Comment

I used Audacity for the audio, then a Linux program called Cheese for the video. I had to mix everything according to my ears

Ok. Well how many tracks did you use? If you're recording two mono tracks, you're not going to get good results.
                      Line 6 Helix
                      Dunlop Strings and Picks

Comment

Ok. Well how many tracks did you use? If you're recording two mono tracks, you're not going to get good results.
                        I found a backing track online, and just recorded guitar over it. I did everything in mono to support older systems.

Gear

Comment

I found a backing track online, and just recorded guitar over it. I did everything in mono to support older systems.

What did you use to record the guitar? Did you finally get an SM-57?

What do you mean "support older systems"? Every older system that is in use currently should still support stereo audio. And even if an older system can't, use a stereo backing track. I'd rather mix for the 99.9999999% of computers and phones that support stereo audio than the 1 computer that is still functioning and only supports mono audio. As for the backing track, it's still too low in the mix to sound good. Once again, there is no audible rhythm guitar or bass and the drums are barely heard.
                          Line 6 Helix
                          Dunlop Strings and Picks

Comment

What did you use to record the guitar? Did you finally get an SM-57?

What do you mean "support older systems"? Every older system that is in use currently should still support stereo audio. And even if an older system can't, use a stereo backing track. I'd rather mix for the 99.9999999% of computers and phones that support stereo audio than the 1 computer that is still functioning and only supports mono audio. As for the backing track, it's still too low in the mix to sound good. Once again, there is no audible rhythm guitar or bass and the drums are barely heard.
                            I used a Behringer C-1U placed 10ft away from the amp.
                            Gear

Comment

sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                              - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Working...
                              X