banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm closing in on my rhythm tone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm closing in on my rhythm tone.

I've been fussing over my recorded sound for a while. To me, it was sounding a little boxy, due to the 1x12 cab I have in my isolation cabinet. Thanks to my newly acquired MXR 10 band eq, I'm a lot happeir with it now.

LP copy /JB> OR15> MXR & Holy Grail in loop> Iso cab w/ 1x12 cab Eminence Legend> SM57> 2i2> Reaper

Here's something I put over a drum track for a test.

What do you think?

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Last edited by Swampy; 02-23-2017, 09:58 PM.

Re: I think I'm closing in on my rhythm tone.

"boxy" to me usually means too much 500Hz.

Sounds good, but (and this is purely subjective) it's mostly mids and hi-mids... not much girth.

Maybe bust up the 125Hz slider a bit and drop 250Hz a hair (to avoid "woofy" low end).
    Last edited by LLL; 02-23-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Cool, I appreciate the advice. It sounded a lot fuller through my monitors than it is on Soundcloud.

Comment

not bad at all, but hard to judge without an actual full mix going on.

Don't know if I necessarily agree with LLL that it needs more in the 100-150 area, but once again, depends on what happens when the rest is there.
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
          not bad at all, but hard to judge without an actual full mix going on.

Don't know if I necessarily agree with LLL that it needs more in the 100-150 area, but once again, depends on what happens when the rest is there.
          Going to try to put some bass on it this weekend. That should fill up the bottom some.

Comment

Added bass this morning through the Sunn Beta Lead. The Peavey TKO 65 needs some serious pot cleaning.

So the wife walks in the room as I'm mixing and says it sounds like KISS's Lick it up. That was a huge blow to the gut......that's one of the Worst song of the 80's.

Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
              Added bass this morning through the Sunn Beta Lead. The Peavey TKO 65 needs some serious pot cleaning.

So the wife walks in the room as I'm mixing and says it sounds like KISS's Lick it up. That was a huge blow to the gut......that's one of the Worst song of the 80's.

Anyway.

The tone is cool - a cool natural fuzzy thing going on. I can't really hear the bass in the second clip though.

Lol your wife isn't too wrong - certain parts of the riffs do sound a little like Lick It Up. But the focus is the rhythm tone, which is good. At least you'll have Aceman's approval if not your own haha.
              Last edited by Myaccount876; 02-25-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I can't hear it though my phones crappy speaker at all. Only through phone headphones, monitors or the stereo. It comes in with the drums. Oh well, may bump it up a little.

Comment

Working...
                X