America and Australia Become One in this clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America and Australia Become One in this clip

Here you go, enjoy this. I recorded this playing through an 80's hair metal setup. The guitar was my SG, the amp was a beautiful 1978 JMP running into two 4x12's that had been modded with a PPIMV and a cascaded gain mod, and the harmonizer effect was a Lexicon rack of some sort, the reverb was another Lexicon product from the same line, and the only things that ran through the chain were my Boss SD-1, DS-1 and ML-2 Metalcore as well as my Compressor and EQ, and an NS-2 for the gate. I also had my wireless on as well, so I was standing directly in front of the amp.
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: America and Australia Become One in this clip

What did you use to record this?

Your playing is good (a few missed notes in the Anthem, but I forgive it because you're an Aussie), but your tone is way too muddy and distorted, not to mention the harmonizer.

Also, who let you borrow a 78 JMP?
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Re: America and Australia Become One in this clip

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
      What did you use to record this?

Your playing is good (a few missed notes in the Anthem, but I forgive it because you're an Aussie), but your tone is way too muddy and distorted, not to mention the harmonizer.

Also, who let you borrow a 78 JMP?
      Well, I had the SD-1, DS-1 and ML-2 as my source. the JMP was set for a clean-ish tone so the pedals were doing all the work. and in regards to the JMP debacle, let's just say a very good friend in the family wanted me to record with it. It had an effects loop mod as well, for some reason. I actually have a recording I actually just posted on soundcloud with the JMP. That's going in another thread.
      Gear
      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
      Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
      Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
      Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

Working...
      X