banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went down to the Crossroads.... With a 1978 Marshall JMP 100w.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went down to the Crossroads.... With a 1978 Marshall JMP 100w.

Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: Went down to the Crossroads.... With a 1978 Marshall JMP 100w.

If that's a 1978 JMP 100, then I'm the Duchess of York.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
      That was damn good. Singer almost sounds the like the real deal, too.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
        If that's a 1978 JMP 100, then I'm the Duchess of York.
        Sounds like one to me. Has that "pinchy" midrange grind.

Comment

^ sounds more like a solid state Berhringher with a Metal Zone pedal.
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
            ^ sounds more like a solid state Berhringher with a Metal Zone pedal.
            Was what I was going to say as well.
            Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
            Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
            Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
            Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
            Line 6 Helix
            Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Meh. I think Nathan sounds fine. Not every Marshall gets dialed in for the same tone. My JCM 2000 sounds like a tin can full of bees and I love it that way. ANGRY BEES!

Comment

I can assure you, that is a 1978 JMP 100. As LLL said, it has that punchy midrange grind.
                Gear
                Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  Meh. I think Nathan sounds fine. Not every Marshall gets dialed in for the same tone. My JCM 2000 sounds like a tin can full of bees and I love it that way. ANGRY BEES!
                  Thank you. I had to mic the top 4x12 with my Behringer C-1U microphone placed 10ft away, damn that thing could push air.
                  Gear

Comment

Your clips are getting better so well done. Very 70s sounding. Is that your band on the rhythm section? If you've got a setup where you can use that Behringer mic, if you can score a good dynamic mic (an SM57 at the least) you will find it indispensable.
                    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                      Sounds like one to me. Has that "pinchy" midrange grind.
                      Plus by the late '70s JMPs were getting pretty bright.

Now, is this a 1959 or a 2203? I'm thinking 2203. And what speakers? If it's the matching cabs (you say top cab, so I figure the proper full stack) then it's G12M Blackbacks (or maybe G12H's), which were brighter than the equivalent Greenbacks.
                      Nope...

Comment

well, it don't sound a lot like my grail '78 2203, but of course i don't have a real '71 Strat like OP. You need G12H'30's or G12-65's for the late 70's JMP's, or it juss ain't the real sound. I have the old G1265's myself.;

Last edited by MetalManiac; 03-08-2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I'm inclined to not believe gear claims from Nathan without proof/visual verification of authenticity. Not because I'm mean, but because he's lied about gear before.

That being said, he deserves credit. The clip is a huge improvement over what he was posting months ago (still needs improvement - but that's not a knock on the improvements already made), and the playing is good. The gear used has nothing to do with any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
                            I'm inclined to not believe gear claims from Nathan without proof/visual verification of authenticity. Not because I'm mean, but because he's lied about gear before.

That being said, he deserves credit. The clip is a huge improvement over what he was posting months ago (still needs improvement - but that's not a knock on the improvements already made), and the playing is good. The gear used has nothing to do with any of that.
                            This clip does sound like the amp was placed at the other end of the room from the mic and the backing track sounds like it was played back through speakers and recorded. There's also not a lot of bass in the mix. It's audible, but barely. I still doubt his claim of a real 1978 JMP, but the recordings are getting better. The one he recorded through Garageband a few weeks ago sounded superb.
                            Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                            Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                            Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                            Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                            Line 6 Helix
                            Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Yes, they were the brighter sounding speakers in the top 4x12, I had to place the amp in such a way where the mic's diaphragm could capture its sound, since I have the famed low volume problem. I got the backing track off youtube, and the neck pickup in my reworked Strat sounds like an octavia for some reason in the higher registers. The speakers in both the top and bottom 4x12s were G12M's
                              Last edited by GuitarFanatic; 03-09-2017, 06:33 AM.
                              Gear

Comment

Working...
                              X