banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first pedal demo video: Inside El Dunco's Cornhole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first pedal demo video: Inside El Dunco's Cornhole.

A video I made with a pedal builder friend of mine demonstrating an overdrive he made to sound exactly as I wanted, blind testing each component on a breadboard. I play through it and we demonstrate its full range of capabilities, he explains what's going on in there. A lot went wrong in shooting but I made the most of what video and audio we could salvage. Hope you enjoy it. Towards the end we open up everything to 11! That sustain...

Last edited by El Dunco; 01-23-2019, 10:32 AM.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Re: My first pedal demo video: Inside El Dunco's Cornhole.

The name came from us musing that it "cornholes" the front of the amp and it just stuck. Component wise, I think the choices yielded something very unique.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

That sounds awesome and looks extremely versatile. I love the sag in the palm mutes that you get when the boost is initiated.
      Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
      Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
      Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
      Marshall 1960a
      Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by AmirH View Post
        That sounds awesome and looks extremely versatile. I love the sag in the palm mutes that you get when the boost is initiated.
        The good old EHX LPB-1 op amp. Dialed in just right, it gets this great breakup like the speakers are about to fall apart and not in the typical fuzz fashion. Check out the sustain at the end, it's ridiculous overkill.
        Last edited by El Dunco; 03-15-2017, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Wait...why did my/ kramersteen posts get deleted?
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
            Wait...why did my/ kramersteen posts get deleted?
            I don't think they did. I posted this is The Pedal Board too.

Comment

Oh wow, I'm an idiot.

back OT, how is this going to be implemented into your rig? An always on boost?
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                Oh wow, I'm an idiot.

back OT, how is this going to be implemented into your rig? An always on boost?
                Mostly yes. Cornholing the front if you will :P

High level, low gain type setting. It adds that extra something I like without taking anything away that I feel every production overdrive I've tried for that does (low end, the amp characteristics), then the EH LPB1 on the other side can be set to either give that chewy lead sound or to give chords the "everything is about to start falling apart" kind of breakup. Also, it has so much useable gain on tap that if I happen to be stuck somewhere or with some backline without a good amp distortion, it's got kind of a hopped up American overdrive sound to it but has so much useable gain on top I could probably use it as a standalone rock/metal distortion with a built in solo boost in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                  The good old EHX LPB-1 op amp. Dialed in just right, it gets this great breakup like the speakers are about to fall apart and not in the typical fuzz fashion. Check out the sustain at the end, it's ridiculous overkill.
                  Oh, I did -- that's more gain than anyone needs. The microphone started cutting in and out. It sounds like a a beastly high gain amp but with more definition between notes. Your friend did a good jerb.
                  Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                  Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                  Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                  Marshall 1960a
                  Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by AmirH View Post
                    Oh, I did -- that's more gain than anyone needs. The microphone started cutting in and out. It sounds like a a beastly high gain amp but with more definition between notes. Your friend did a good jerb.
                    It wasn't cutting out. I cut up the audio to switch between the close mic and the room mic so you could hear us commentate on it :P

Comment

Working...
                    X