Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fly By Night" - Rush cover

My first youtube up.
    The pros are on 1 channel, I'm on the other.
    I will get the guitar track sep and post it for Bandhub.

Re: "Fly By Night" - Rush cover

Great Job!

Nice to see you not just playing the cowboy chords during the Chorus and instead playing the harmony chords on top strings. That's the way I play it too, but most covers I see people just play the cowboy chords..IDK why..those little diad and triads are what make the guitar part pop during the chorus. Alex= genius.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
      Alex= genius.
      QFT.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

That's was awesome. One of my favorite Rush songs.

Comment

Thanks folks.

I watched about 2 dozen renditions of "Fly By Night" on youtube. I became determined to learn the song as close to the studio recording as possible. Watching live versions didn't help much because Alex changes things up. The whole process was quite a learning experience. I even had to run out and buy a gopro adapter, heavier picks, and longer cables because the mic was picking up the clicks from the channel switch and phaser pedal. After recording, I took pictures of all my settings !

I signed up at Bandhub, and then found out - I need a cam. I may just post the audio on Kompoz.

I'm working on "Circumstances" next.

Comment

Hey folks, I posted the song on Kompoz. Bassist/vocalist/drummer would be much appreciated to finish the cover properly.

Comment

Great job. You nailed the tone.

Comment

One of my favorite songs from my all time favorite band! You nailed it!

Comment

Working...
                X