No announcement yet.

Classic metal track - Mixed (needs bass) with my Laboga The Beast Classic 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic metal track - Mixed (needs bass) with my Laboga The Beast Classic 30

Simple 80's/classic metal type track I just recorded with my 'Laboga The Beast Classic 30' head/Laney IRT212 Cab mic'd at bedroom (conversation) levels. Then added the drums from my drum machine (Korg KR Mini) and mixed them in with Audacity. I've used the raw guitar tracks just as they were recorded for my mix (ie no post processing...not even level adjustment ).

EQ was the same for both Rhythm tracks (but one track was recorded with the "mid switch' ON & the other track was with it OFF) Had some (light) delay in the loop for the solos's and added a little bit of reverb to them as well with Audacity. But the rhythm tracks were recorded dry. No bass guitar in the mix ...yet...it's just drums & guitars

And this is another vid with the raw rhythm tracks isolated (L-R) & together for each of the (three or so lol) riffs..

I had the dumb idea of recording my rhythm guitar tracks along with the click track from my metronome's internal speaker (had it up close near the mic - see pic in the second video) thinking it would help me properly align/overdub my "real" drum track over it later. Except there was a problem in that it was recorded pretty loud & could'nt be completely overwritten ..that's why my snare has that weird, cheesy "clapping sound" (like Queen's "We will Rock You" lol)...anyway, hoping the bass will help with that later.. if not..well it actually has a bit of a Crimson Glory/Transcendence vibe to it (..sort of)

This amp has a really nice fat juicy/chewy crunch to the rhythm (lead channel) which I love & a sweet top-end for leads. It's "Classic" more in the sense of 80's metal tones than anything else (hot-rodded JCM 800!), though the Crunch channel can do some awesome blues/country/50's Rock 'n Roll type stuff as well.
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-20-2017, 05:37 AM.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Classic metal track - Mixed (needs bass) with my Laboga The Beast Classic 30

Cool stuff! Reminds me of Mercyful Fate/Wolf.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Re: Classic metal track - Mixed (needs bass) with my Laboga The Beast Classic 30

Thanks! ..just the most cliched metal licks & riffs that came to mind haha. It was such a ridiculously 80's metal guitar sound (Dio, MF, Crimson Glory, Malice, Trouble, Metal Church etc.. talking about REAL METAL here.. not poseur/glam ) I just had to record it in the right context

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

man I cant find the reference to the song

Comment

..which song?

Youtube

Comment

I meant any hyperlink. Can't see/hear your track/vid in this thread.

Comment

Oh..well I embedded it on this page up there ..but here's the actual link if that's not showing up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbXrAaUTsSg

Youtube

Comment

cool, keep it going man! I really liked one (doomy - thrashy) riff in the end.

Comment

Thanks! ...actually thought it might be a Trouble (the band) riff, but apparently not I was just standing around doing some late night jamming when I dialed the bass back a bit, pushed the treble up & thought "this sounds pretty cool..I need to record something"

Youtube

Comment

Love Trouble! (My old band co-headlined a festival with Trouble and Jag Panzer once)
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Trouble and Jag Panzer?? Damn ..that must've been brilliant!

I love both those bands..Trouble especially ..always been a huge Trouble fan \m/

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X