Made In America (Instrumental Tune)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made In America (Instrumental Tune)

I came up with this, using my budget gear.
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: Made In America (Instrumental Tune)

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
    I came up with this, using my budget gear.
    Pretty solid playing man. Great recording quality.
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
      Pretty solid playing man. Great recording quality.
      Thanks. The feedback at the end was unintentional. The Radio Shack keyboard, despite being a Chinese made thing, it pairs uncannily well with the Hammond as a pad/drum machine.
      Gear
      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
        Thanks. The feedback at the end was unintentional. The Radio Shack keyboard, despite being a Chinese made thing, it pairs uncannily well with the Hammond as a pad/drum machine.
        Cheap stuff can give really weird quirky sounds, especially with keyboards. Minus the Bear uses an Omnichord which is a children's toy/instrument made by Suzuki and it makes some really interesting sounds.
        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
        Line 6 Helix
        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Pretty cool. I can hear you lagging a bit too much behind the beat at some points; playing with a metronome, a drum machine or (ideally) a band will help. I like the keyboard sounds, and recording quality is good now. I think your playing works well, but at the moment the thing has a bit of a free-flow, improvisational feel to it (even if I can hear certain points where things return). I would have liked to see this developed further into a slightly more structured, concise thing. Recording more variations in the drum track would make the task of adding structure much easier.

Good job in total. It needs work but this could really work out to be something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
            Pretty cool. I can hear you lagging a bit too much behind the beat at some points; playing with a metronome, a drum machine or (ideally) a band will help. I like the keyboard sounds, and recording quality is good now. I think your playing works well, but at the moment the thing has a bit of a free-flow, improvisational feel to it (even if I can hear certain points where things return). I would have liked to see this developed further into a slightly more structured, concise thing. Recording more variations in the drum track would make the task of adding structure much easier.

Good job in total. It needs work but this could really work out to be something.
            It wasn't lagging at all, unless you're talking about the Radio Shack's sound delay. that was kind of intentional to show the failure of the USA that's happening slowly.
            Gear

Comment

I like the main progression with the lush sounding pad. It worked well with repetition and created a really hypnotic atmospheric vibe that I enjoyed. The in-between parts lost me though -- the sounds contrast so much that it sounded like it was a different song from an earlier era suddenly. Conceptually, that's fairly awesome -- maga indeed lol. But as a listener I would be very interested to hear how you can develop the style and feel I latched onto in that main part.
              Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
              Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
              Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
              Marshall 1960a
              Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by AmirH View Post
                I like the main progression with the lush sounding pad. It worked well with repetition and created a really hypnotic atmospheric vibe that I enjoyed. The in-between parts lost me though -- the sounds contrast so much that it sounded like it was a different song from an earlier era suddenly. Conceptually, that's fairly awesome -- maga indeed lol. But as a listener I would be very interested to hear how you can develop the style and feel I latched onto in that main part.
                Actually, the two sounds were intentionally different to throw you between the 60's (Hammond organ/Leslie) and the 80's. (lush pad and midi drums)
                Gear

Comment

Do you own an actual hammond/leslie cab?? This tone is just what I wanted to make with some open source tools, but those will never get me there.. So pls enlighten.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                    Do you own an actual hammond/leslie cab?? This tone is just what I wanted to make with some open source tools, but those will never get me there.. So pls enlighten.
                    Yes, I own a 1955 Hammond M3, Serial number 150922. It is going through a 1971 Elka Elkatone 700 Leslie cabinet, which I got for free with a 1980's Hammond B-200.
                    Gear

Comment

Working...
                    X