banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I just found the rarest chipmunk song on this earth. and it's a cover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I just found the rarest chipmunk song on this earth. and it's a cover.

This is a Beach Boys song called Little Deuce Coupe, I never knew the Chipmunks covered it. I wish there was a version without the obvious cartoon car sounds, but damn it they sound excellent singing these kind of songs! This was from the season 2 episode of the 80's series called Carsick.
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: I think I just found the rarest chipmunk song on this earth. and it's a cover.

How can it be the rarest song when it from a show episode readily available on YouTube? Surely there must be some Chipmunks material that has only been published as a vinyl b-side or something?

Comment

Re: I think I just found the rarest chipmunk song on this earth. and it's a cover.

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
      How can it be the rarest song when it from a show episode readily available on YouTube? Surely there must be some Chipmunks material that has only been published as a vinyl b-side or something?
      This song was never released on a full length album. it only exists on the 80's TV show episode "Carsick"
      Gear
      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

...which is readily available on YouTube, and thus the song is distributed to everybody with an Internet connexion free of charge.

The singing is nice, though, I'll give you that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
          ...which is readily available on YouTube, and thus the song is distributed to everybody with an Internet connexion free of charge.

The singing is nice, though, I'll give you that.
          Yeah. Ross Jr said himself that he was a fan of The Beach Boys. Thus a few of their songs were covered and released on Chipmunk vinyls.
          Gear

Comment

Working...
          X