ANTHRAX MEDUSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANTHRAX MEDUSA

Another Epic song from the 80s, I need vocals on this.

Last edited by greekdude; 04-06-2017, 05:53 AM.

Re: ANTHRAX MEDUSA

It sounds like you're behind the drums.
    My website - https://stevenamckay.com/

My gear - Gibson- Les Pauls - 2 x Classic (sunburst and ebony), Slash Standard, DC Special Tribute, SG Standard, Explorer, Flying V. 1980 Hamer Sunburst.
    MIM Fender Strat. MIK Squier Tele. Jackson JDR94, Kelly, Concert Bass. Fender acoustic. Mandolin.
    Spark Mini, Marshall DSL20HR, 1912.

Comment

IMO Anthrax had that sound. That's what I try to mimic here.

Comment

I think it sounds really good!
        pancake

Comment

Thanx man! I wish I could find more Anthrax backing tracks!

Comment

One of my all time favourite Anthrax songs! You clearly know how to play the song, but the timing is definitely off; sounds like a latency issue.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
              One of my all time favourite Anthrax songs! You clearly know how to play the song, but the timing is definitely off; sounds like a latency issue.
              as far as I can tell, I did my best when I combined the two video tracks with the audio track. I did the sync based on the audio waveform peaks, a usual method, then muted both videos to have clean audio only from the audio track, then tweaked a little bit around to compensate for the inherent audio delay inside the videos.
              So, do you mean delay of one video relative to the other video (that should not be the case provided the audio latency is equal to both video tracks)? or both videos related to audio?
              If you can be more specific I might be able to redo the mixing and correct this.

Comment

It sounds out of sync with the other guitar part; like you were playing in time but latency is making your part sound off time.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  It sounds out of sync with the other guitar part; like you were playing in time but latency is making your part sound off time.
                  Frankly I cannot spot any relative latency in audio between the two guitar channels/parts, or the drums/bass backing track. And since the mixing was done via Ardour, I doubt there is a problem there. Never had any issues with ardour. Unless I am missing smth here.
                  If you mean the last 5 seconds, this was done on purpose, I tried to play some new riff timing there, turned out this indeed sounds off, but I was too tired to redo it.

Comment

It'd be nice if we could see the face behind the guitar. You know, more personal...like Nate's videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                      It'd be nice if we could see the face behind the guitar. You know, more personal...like Nate's videos.
                      next song : Scorpions / blackout . I would like to remain anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                        Frankly I cannot spot any relative latency in audio between the two guitar channels/parts, or the drums/bass backing track. And since the mixing was done via Ardour, I doubt there is a problem there. Never had any issues with ardour. Unless I am missing smth here.
                        If you mean the last 5 seconds, this was done on purpose, I tried to play some new riff timing there, turned out this indeed sounds off, but I was too tired to redo it.
                        He's talking about what I mentioned in my post. It sounds like your guitar parts are out of time with the drums. I'm not entirely sure, it might just be the left speaker/track.
                        Last edited by Wolfshead; 04-10-2017, 03:08 PM.
                        My website - https://stevenamckay.com/

My gear - Gibson- Les Pauls - 2 x Classic (sunburst and ebony), Slash Standard, DC Special Tribute, SG Standard, Explorer, Flying V. 1980 Hamer Sunburst.
                        MIM Fender Strat. MIK Squier Tele. Jackson JDR94, Kelly, Concert Bass. Fender acoustic. Mandolin.
                        Spark Mini, Marshall DSL20HR, 1912.

Comment

Working...
                        X